**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T80RSws.gif

indiana-jones-sword-vs-gun-gif.gif

tumblr_nibx6gjtyU1u4s1ido1_500.gif

main-qimg-a2ae99f6afba55d70e93feccc4b0e233

Yea surely idk how these guys managed to form a super group such as that but got pretty much blown away in five min.

“oh we can handle your little witch” really? Can you ?

Ok I finally got to see this. Jeepers creepers I never had to wait this long to see a film I actually wanted to see.

I have not read everyone's opinions yet, but I had a blast.

A MCU horror movie. Great stuff. I had no idea SW was going to be the main villain in this film. GREAT STUFF!

Yeah there are things I could nit pick but I was having too much fun to care. I was smiling the whole time. So many little Sam Raimi moments that made me so happy.

I mean other then Spidey, this blows everything away in phase 4 so far. Hell I would say I might have enjoyed this more then Spidey. I mean I loved Spidey but I was not smiling all the way through it like I was with this film.

Not sure how it will hold up to repeat viewings but I don't care. For now this was a great movie going experience for me.

As for an actual review I really enjoyed watching this though mostly for the over the top "Sam Raimi-ness" of it all and the fact that for possibly the first time in an MCU movie I really had no idea what was coming next, who would die, or how far they'd go in any given scene. Awesome visuals and classic horror gags (I loved watching Wanda climbing out of the gong like Samara in The Ring) made for a very fun watch though overall I can't imagine ever allowing this to be a true continuation of the characters we saw in IW/EG. To me this is a big "What If...Wanda turned completely evil and just started killing everyone who got in her path?"

I feel like this movie also gave us the best "Dark Phoenix" story on the big screen without actually having it be about Dark Phoenix.
I LOVED all the little horror elements.

I kept thinking... "This movie is going to scare little kids. Good for Marvel" :lol

Her killing Prof X was a great jolt also.

Just a fun movie that I had no expectations for and had no idea where it was going.

As of right now I put this in my really good Marvel but not the Greatest Marvel.

A million times better then Shag Chi and BW.

I still have not seen The Eternals. Pretty sure I wont.

Been thinking about the criticism that RR was stupid for letting Wanda know about Blackagar. I do not think the Illuminati knew what there were dealing with. Strange tried to warn them, but the smug looks in their faces as they charged out to face Wanda spoke volumes about how much they underestimated her.

And I think I understand why.

Wanda only really started showing hints of her true power after the events of IW. I think the trauma of her having to kill Vision, only to see him resurrected and killed again by Thanos awoke something inside her (more-so than the Scarlet Witch's arrival in the Hydra facility in the WandaVision flashback). Before that, Wanda only showed a minor ability to control minds (she had to be really close) and telekinesis.

Now in this universe, they show that Thanos was defeated by the Illuminati at Titan. My guess is that this universe's Wanda never went through that trauma. She was a happy mother and homemaker. Maybe in this universe, she never got beyond telekinesis and minor mind control.

Maybe this Illuminati thought the Scarlett Witch could only do that too.

With that in mind, and knowing Scarlet Witch is possessing an innocent "Wanda", RR was probably trying to be merciful by warning her about her being massively outgunned. I don't think he knew she possessed the power to change reality and erase Blackagar's mouth (did anyone here actually expect her to do that on first viewing?).

Ok I finally got to see this. Jeepers creepers I never had to wait this long to see a film I actually wanted to see.

I have not read everyone's opinions yet, but I had a blast.

A MCU horror movie. Great stuff. I had no idea SW was going to be the main villain in this film. GREAT STUFF!

Yeah there are things I could nit pick but I was having too much fun to care. I was smiling the whole time. So many little Sam Raimi moments that made me so happy.

I mean other then Spidey, this blows everything away in phase 4 so far. Hell I would say I might have enjoyed this more then Spidey. I mean I loved Spidey but I was not smiling all the way through it like I was with this film.

Not sure how it will hold up to repeat viewings but I don't care. For now this was a great movie going experience for me.
I definitely think that this movie will definitely be one of the most rewatchable MCU films going forward.

Recent comic book movies:

NWH: The Feels
The Batman: The Masterpiece
MOM: Crazy fun rewatchability

I was starting to get Shang Chi vibes when she started attacking the temple so was glad to see that everyone quickly got slaughtered without any cute quips or heroics, lol.

I definitely think that this movie will definitely be one of the most rewatchable MCU films going forward.

Recent comic book movies:

NWH: The Feels
The Batman: The Masterpiece
MOM: Crazy fun rewatchability

I was starting to get Shang Chi vibes when she started attacking the temple so was glad to see that everyone quickly got slaughtered without any cute quips or heroics, lol.
Me, Khev and JAWS walking out of DS2…

1652805439932.gif

Like JAWS said this is just a wacky fun and often times brutal adventure that is pretty pointless to nitpick (I mean really it's like nitpicking Army of Darkness, what's the point) but I'll throw out a few musings that I've thought about since watching it nonetheless:

(a-dev don't read these, lol)

1. How did the Darkhold curse Strange with a third eye after it had been eradicated from every reality?

2. Wanda seemed to think that the gig was up when her "children" looked at what she had become in horror. But like she had already stated she could have still just chosen kids from a universe that were still none the wiser. Hell I wouldn't have been surprised if she had just flat out killed the kids in that timeline out of rage before just using America to jump into a new one.

3. So the 616 universe is the only reality where her two sons are just figments of her own imagination? And they're real biological kids in every other universe? Can't she just theoretically find the father in this universe and have them the old fashioned way? Or find one of umpteen universes where their mom was killed by Thanos or a speeding bus or any number of things and just take over parenting them?

Obviously none of those are dealbreakers and "she was crazy" can be used to explain most things (and I guess we can pretend that the Darkhold planting a self growing eye in Strange's head before it was destroyed).

One thing that was really cool was to watch a troubled yet still overwhelmingly heroic character go to the "Dark Side" without knowing from the beginning that that was going to happen. I've often wondered what people who watch the PT before the OT must think when Anakin turns if they somehow could experience it without knowing who he becomes. What a shocking and horrifying thing for someone to assumedly enjoy this character in TPM and AOTC, then possibly years and years of TCW, before watching him give in to the Dark Side and start murdering good and innocent people. Especially in light of the so called "character assassination" when another Skywalker merely *thinks* of killing a bad guy for one split second in TLJ. Can you imagine the outrage if there was no PT and instead George continued the Saga after ROTJ by showing Luke turn evil and murdering young children, lol.

Anyway, this was the first time I got to experience that with DS2 and it was damn unsettling, lol.

Like JAWS said this is just a wacky fun and often times brutal adventure that is pretty pointless to nitpick (I mean really it's like nitpicking Army of Darkness, what's the point) but I'll throw out a few musings that I've thought about since watching it nonetheless:

(a-dev don't read these, lol)

1. How did the Darkhold curse Strange with a third eye after it had been eradicated from every reality?

2. Wanda seemed to think that the gig was up when her "children" looked at what she had become in horror. But like she had already stated she could have still just chosen kids from a universe that were still none the wiser. Hell I wouldn't have been surprised if she had just flat out killed the kids in that timeline out of rage before just using America to jump into a new one.

3. So the 616 universe is the only reality where her two sons are just figments of her own imagination? And they're real biological kids in every other universe? Can't she just theoretically find the father in this universe and have them the old fashioned way? Or find one of umpteen universes where their mom was killed by Thanos or a speeding bus or any number of things and just take over parenting them?

Obviously none of those are dealbreakers and "she was crazy" can be used to explain most things (and I guess we can pretend that the Darkhold planting a self growing eye in Strange's head before it was destroyed).

One thing that was really cool was to watch a troubled yet still overwhelmingly heroic character go to the "Dark Side" without knowing from the beginning that that was going to happen. I've often wondered what people who watch the PT before the OT must think when Anakin turns if they somehow could experience it without knowing who he becomes. What a shocking and horrifying thing for someone to assumedly enjoy this character in TPM and AOTC, then possibly years and years of TCW, before watching him give in to the Dark Side and start murdering good and innocent people. Especially in light of the so called "character assassination" when another Skywalker merely *thinks* of killing a bad guy for one split second in TLJ. Can you imagine the outrage if there was no PT and instead George continued the Saga after ROTJ by showing Luke turn evil and murdering young children, lol.

Anyway, this was the first time I got to experience that with DS2 and it was damn unsettling, lol.
You hit the nail on the head i’m literally scrambling trying to add Wanda’s masterful turn to the darkside into ROTS lol

Those 2 dumb Jedi that went with Mace are Illuminati now lol

I'm more puzzled as to why this isn't about Vision. That's what she's supposed to be upset about, right? Why these two imaginary kids that she had for a few days?

Back