Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Never will it top avatard they have to charge you more for a ticket I say a good $40 and I don't see that happening.

Yep! 2.78 Billions will be very hard to beat!

It was 1966 and everyone loved the Bat West, he couldn't be beat.
They loved him so much that they lined up at his autograph booths just to see him in his bat garb.

Then 1989 came around and West went down as some sort of campy, Bat-clown.
Keaton was superior with his angsty grim dark Batman because "dark is cool".

Finally, after years of praise and "man, why didn't Keaton come back for #3 or Batman Beyond" nerd *****ing, 2005 rolled around and people decreed that he was the worst Batman and that he was never any good. The superior Batman? Christian Bale, the one true Batman. He put some meat on his bones and three on a suit that let him idly look to the left and right and people blew their loads into theater seats everywhere. "So great" they said. "I'll buy 2 more Hot Toys DX figures that I already have", they said.

Enter 2014-2016, "Bale was always terrible, what a ****** Batman", "dat Affleck tho!!!! Sheeeeet he DA best".

Lexie Goes To Hollywood.

And then there's this great sequence with the theme over it where Batman trains Superman to stay calm and fight with focus "Relax, don't do it, when you wanna go do it!"

Either,

"Justice League Begins" or "Batman and the Batmobile"

That's a lame title. Besides, the Average movie-goer doesn't even know what "Worlds Finest" means.

Calling it "World's Finest" or even "World's Best" would be no different than calling a Cap/Iron Man movie "Tales of Suspense." As a classic comic geek, I would love it, but it would be kind of dumb for the studio, considering most of the audience will have no clue where it's coming from, and it's a title that doesn't make as much sense for modern times, when we don't have these fabulously over the top comic titles.

But yeah, if it's a ****** movie it might not matter much anyway.

They wouldn't be advertising it by title alone. All they need to add is the Superman Logo or Batman logo and that will get the message across.

People knew the Dark Knight was a Batman movie and Man of Steel was a superman movie by logos and posters alone.

Iron Man doesn't have an iconic logo. Cap is closest of all the MCU characters to have a defining and iconic logo.

IF this movie is good to great, I can see it surpassing Avatard box office.

Avengers 2 will also have a good chance, if good to great.

By all rights Avengers should make around the same or less. The first movie had the novelty of them coming together for the first time, without that novelty I don't seeing it surpassing the gross of the first.

By all rights Avengers should make around the same or less. The first movie had the novelty of them coming together for the first time, without that novelty I don't seeing it surpassing the gross of the first.

I agree, I think Avengers 2 will gross around the same or less than the first film. If it does somehow surpass the first film, I don't see it happening by much more.

I wonder how much Star Wars 7 is going to gross and if that has a chance to top the comic book properties.

I agree, I think Avengers 2 will gross around the same or less than the first film. If it does somehow surpass the first film, I don't see it happening by much more.

I wonder how much Star Wars 7 is going to gross and if that has a chance to top the comic book properties.

As excited as everyone I know young and old are to see a new interpretation I think it has a solid chance.

Back