Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

The 90's were a decade when my passion for films may have exceeded my love for them even now. Back then I *so* wanted awesome superhero films. I saw Batman Returns and Batman Forever three times each in the theater. No Marvel. I rented that stupid straight to video Cap movie. I can't believe how spoiled we are now. Not in a "everything is awesome now and everything sucked then" kind of way but just that we have such entertaining superhero films from every decade now.

Long gone are the days of having to choose only between STM and B89. Unless you're a FF or Punisher fan you pretty much have at least one awesome movie about your favorite top tier hero now.

Would've been cool if Batman broke into a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons song in BB though.

Maybe Sherry or Walk Like a Man.

Gotham Boys.

The 90's were a decade when my passion for films may have exceeded my love for them even now. Back then I *so* wanted awesome superhero films. I saw Batman Returns and Batman Forever three times each in the theater. No Marvel. I rented that stupid straight to video Cap movie. I can't believe how spoiled we are now. Not in a "everything is awesome now and everything sucked then" kind of way but just that we have such entertaining superhero films from every decade now.

Long gone are the days of having to choose only between STM and B89. Unless you're a FF or Punisher fan you pretty much have at least one awesome movie about your favorite top tier hero now.

:exactly: :exactly:

Although WB/DC were superhero cinematic gods back then.

Well, Superman 3/4 and B&R. :lol

In some ways I agree with you, and felt similarly. But not with Batman, oddly. I feel the Animated Series is just about the perfect Batman--I doubt any theatrical version will rival it in my mind--and we got plenty of that in the '90s, including a theatrical release that I, and I'm sure at least 50 or 60 others across the country enjoyed in that format.

Better than Superman: The Movie and Batman 1989 in my opinion.

It wasn't until Catwoman where Warner Bros. really started hitting home runs however. What a fantastic film.

That movie could have won an Oscar if they'd have just written in some hardcore interracial sex with a racist redneck.

Hey, Ledger Joker was in that Catwoman movie too. He played said red neck's son who kills himself.

Coulda won a lot of Oscars, that Catwoman. I still love the Sharon Stone fight with the super fingernails. Insta boner.

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118243

Pretty cool article showing a lot of other superhero movie debut pictures.

30_Superhero_First_Looks_28.jpg

Great article.

They're wrong about Batman though, while the Jack Nicholson Joker pics didn't come out until after the teaser (the Herb Ritts photos), this was the first debut pic of Batman,

Keaton_as_Batman.jpg

This was Christian Bale's,

tumblr_m4lux83hBV1qckmajo1_500.jpg

Along with this,

image.jpg

A comment I read on io9, that I loved, was someone who said "Man of Steel isn't Superman: Year One, it's Superman: Day One." It's true, too. At best, this is Superman's first week on the job. That's why I think the movie's so, shall we say, "not fun," at times. It's a journey of self-discovery, and it's not a Superman movie; it's the story of how Clark Kent became Superman. I think the whole point of that film was that he wasn't the Superman we know. That's where the realism comes into play. I think we'll get the big, blue boyscout, but, unlike the books, I think the point they're trying to make is that he's got to grow into that character; he can't just be born that way I think that's where Zod's death comes into play. He's seen firsthand how killing feels, and he never wants to do it again; we see how that crippled him, emotionally, even though he was perfectly justified, considering the situation. With that in mind, I'm hoping and praying that Snyder has the vision to see that through, and to use that in this story. To me, Zod's death is the perfect in for Batman, which is why I'm against the folks who say that he's just there to make more money.

The circumstances of Zod's death don't matter; all that would matter, to someone as morally stagnant as Batman, is that, with the right amount of pressure applied, Superman is capable of taking life, and that makes him one hundred times more dangerous in Batman's eyes. With that in mind, we start to see that Superman that we know at the end of Man of Steel; Clark's wearing his glasses and working at the Planet, and Superman's on his way to becoming the hero that we all know. Man of Steel isn't the whole story, it's just Act One.

Perfectly said! :clap

A comment I read on io9, that I loved, was someone who said "Man of Steel isn't Superman: Year One, it's Superman: Day One." It's true, too. At best, this is Superman's first week on the job. That's why I think the movie's so, shall we say, "not fun," at times. It's a journey of self-discovery, and it's not a Superman movie; it's the story of how Clark Kent became Superman. I think the whole point of that film was that he wasn't the Superman we know. That's where the realism comes into play. I think we'll get the big, blue boyscout, but, unlike the books, I think the point they're trying to make is that he's got to grow into that character; he can't just be born that way I think that's where Zod's death comes into play. He's seen firsthand how killing feels, and he never wants to do it again; we see how that crippled him, emotionally, even though he was perfectly justified, considering the situation. With that in mind, I'm hoping and praying that Snyder has the vision to see that through, and to use that in this story. To me, Zod's death is the perfect in for Batman, which is why I'm against the folks who say that he's just there to make more money.

The circumstances of Zod's death don't matter; all that would matter, to someone as morally stagnant as Batman, is that, with the right amount of pressure applied, Superman is capable of taking life, and that makes him one hundred times more dangerous in Batman's eyes. With that in mind, we start to see that Superman that we know at the end of Man of Steel; Clark's wearing his glasses and working at the Planet, and Superman's on his way to becoming the hero that we all know. Man of Steel isn't the whole story, it's just Act One.

Absolutely perfect...but I completely disagree. I'm kidding. That's how I saw it!

Joker and Harley Quinn?:lol
Bnm4k0QIQAE3763.jpg

Seriously though.... Emma Stone for Harley Quinn, good/bad idea? Not that it's in ANY way a relevant point of discussion.

Ok people what u all think about the new suit from the up coming movie ure thoughts please?

In summary, most people think it looks great. Some would prefer longer ears, others would prefer a different symbol but its been overwhelmingly positive.

Back