Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well seeing civil war and bvs I have to say civil war is just the all around better movie and that hurts cause a batman v superman movie is a movie we waited years for and I always wanted to see the DC franchise share its universe but nope. Wb are dumb af. If they were smart they'd make a soft reboot out of a teen Titan movie. That's what I wanna see screw aqua man .

You dont want to see Khal Drogo: Under Sea Adventure?

Man I feel like an outcast for liking both BvS AND CW!

Could you guys ever forgive me. :lol

tumblr_mif7bdstDz1qfgb83o2_250.gif

The one thing that got me as bad editing was deciding to put the scene where Diana finds the Luthor video while the fight between Batman and Superman is about to start. Can someone explain why Snyder decided to put that scene there?

Because it was a " hey guys look at all these characters we are gonna have in future movies" to the audience lol.

It was poor and horribly done and cheap. Aqua man looked insanely stupid holding his breath and I'm sure audiences were baffled by cyborgs weird scene.

I like both but damn bvs just could of been a hell of a lot better. I'm not a huge fan of superman but wow did they waste doomsday.

I don't think they're exclusive. Ultimately, it's the combination of his fractured ego and his hatred of Superman that creates Doomsday. What's more of an ego-boost than literally playing God? I also don't think it's entirely unreasonable for someone so cunning as to know the identities of both Superman and Batman, and to manipulate each of them into a confrontation, to have contingencies in place, should one of his plans fail.

:exactly:

His reason for wanting to kill Batman is pretty simple: he wants to destroy Superman. Ultimately, whoever wins that fight, Luthor succeeds. If Superman kills Batman to save his mother, he proves to the world that he's a false idol who's just as selfish as the rest of us. If Batman kills Superman? Well, then Superman's dead, mission accomplished. Why Batman? Because he was the best man for the job. Who else is crazy enough or skilled enough to take on Superman?

As for the spear, perhaps it was Superman doing what heroes do, and putting the greater good against his own sense of self-preservation. He saw this thing take a direct hit from a nuclear warhead and barely flinch; maybe he wants to be sure that he isn't putting his friends in harm's way?

This is true, but for a disorganized schizophrenic like movie Luthor to do it is very impressive. Many of those folks can't even make their own breakfast.

Hey I can make my own breakfast. :lol

It's a forum Civil War! Either you're with us, or you're with the enemy JYE. WITH THE ENEMY!!!

Oompah Oompah

Because it was a " hey guys look at all these characters we are gonna have in future movies" to the audience lol.

It was poor and horribly done and cheap. Aqua man looked insanely stupid holding his breath and I'm sure audiences were baffled by cyborgs weird scene.

I know Cyborg and I was baffled by that scene. :lol

I loved both too, just loved BvS slightly more (which makes me even more of an outcast).

I'm probably biased cos I prefer Bats and Supes as characters and didn't mind what Snyder did with them. In fact, I luuuuurved Battfleck!

I like both but damn bvs just could of been a hell of a lot better. I'm not a huge fan of superman but wow did they waste doomsday.

A fellow fanboy of mine is convinced the whole Doomsday sequence was an afterthought, and the reason the movie was delayed by a year. The Bats/Supes fight was probably originally intended to be the climax, which would make sense. Now they need Darkseid to trump Doomsday.

A fellow fanboy of mine is convinced the whole Doomsday sequence was an afterthought, and the reason the movie was delayed by a year. The Bats/Supes fight was probably originally intended to be the climax, which would make sense. Now they need Darkseid to trump Doomsday.

That seems very likely.

I'd argue that his ramblings were incoherent, but the meaning behind them made total sense. His snafu at the library fundraiser, for instance. Ranting and raving about Prometheus stealing fire from Olympus and giving it to man, only to be punished by the gods, and talking about how philanthropist means "giver of life" and a that ****. Everyone in the audience is, raising their eyebrows and saying "what the **** is this guy on about," yet it clearly illustrates who his character is and what his motivations are; that he's a little man with an ego problem who's just pissed that he's no longer relevant.

I absolutely hated how they let him prattle on in the background while Bruce did his 007 thing. This was Luthors bug introduction and they literally cut him off during his speech!? Why?

I absolutely hated how they let him prattle on in the background while Bruce did his 007 thing. This was Luthors bug introduction and they literally cut him off during his speech!? Why?

I wholeheartedly agree with you, there. It's literally the largest of the very few moments that give insight into his motivations as a character and it's reduced to background noise. I actually completely missed it during my first viewing, until olbertfrog informed me of its significance. I feel like just extending that scene to include more of a focus on Lex would be a smart play for the ultimate edition, and I hope it's one of the changes made.

People draw so many parallels between the movie in regards to theme/plot. I can see it and I'm okay with them. But I see it like this: You're stuck at home for whatever reason and all your friends go out without you. They have a blast and have an awesome story to tell you the next day. One of your friends is about to tell you the story and....... "Actually, how about you tell it Russo? You can tell it better."

Now don't go beating me over the head about the differences because I am purposefully over-simplifying it a bit. But that's the point. A lot of times I judge movies by how I feel walking about of the theater, not by actively trying to find out what worked and what didn't work.

When I walked out of BvS, I was physically and mentally fatigued. I was ready to go home. And as much as I love watching CBMs opening day (I enjoy how the audience gets into movies), I wished I just watched it another day instead of catching the late showing. Once it was over my fiancee and I just wanted to get home and sleep.

Walking out of CW I felt energized. It felt like an awesome experience and all my fiancee and I wanted to do was talk about it the rest of the night. She repeatedly said "we gotta see that again." Totally out of character for her. But I'd gladly spend the money to watch it in theaters again!

That's what I loved about CW beyond the writing, directing, plot, acting, character development, etc., all the "this is a good/bad movie because _______." It's the feeling of the experience.

Having that one friend tell you the story vs the other friend is the difference between "man, I really missed out!" and "oh, I guess I had to be there..."

People draw so many parallels between the movie in regards to theme/plot. I can see it and I'm okay with them. But I see it like this: You're stuck at home for whatever reason and all your friends go out without you. They have a blast and have an awesome story to tell you the next day. One of your friends is about to tell you the story and....... "Actually, how about you tell it Russo? You can tell it better."

Now don't go beating me over the head about the differences because I am purposefully over-simplifying it a bit. But that's the point. A lot of times I judge movies by how I feel walking about of the theater, not by actively trying to find out what worked and what didn't work.

When I walked out of BvS, I was physically and mentally fatigued. I was ready to go home. And as much as I love watching CBMs opening day (I enjoy how the audience gets into movies), I wished I just watched it another day instead of catching the late showing. Once it was over my fiancee and I just wanted to get home and sleep.

Walking out of CW I felt energized. It felt like an awesome experience and all my fiancee and I wanted to do was talk about it the rest of the night. She repeatedly said "we gotta see that again." Totally out of character for her. But I'd gladly spend the money to watch it in theaters again!

That's what I loved about CW beyond the writing, directing, plot, acting, character development, etc., all the "this is a good/bad movie because _______." It's the feeling of the experience.

Having that one friend tell you the story vs the other friend is the difference between "man, I really missed out!" and "oh, I guess I had to be there..."

I do agree with this. Both did tell a similar story, but CW did it better.

I liked Civil War, but, honestly, it didn't strike me in the same way that BvS did, or, for that matter, The Winter Soldier. It's a fantastic movie, but there were no real stakes, it seems like. You could ask anybody, when The Winter Soldier came out, I came in here and wrote paragraphs about how brilliant of a movie it was; Jye can attest to that. I can't say I felt the same way about CW, because, ultimately, it just felt superficial. By the time BvS ended, I felt like there was a real sense of growth for the characters, with Clark realizing his place in the world before making his ultimate sacrifice, and with Batman, who had begun to remember what it means to be a hero, after years of disillusionment.

With CW, it felt like the characters just stagnated and remained pretty much exactly as they were, in the spirit of keeping up the status quo until Avengers 3. The thing to remember is that this was a Captain America movie, and I feel like it says something when the most exciting things to come out of a Captain America movie are Spider-Man and Black Panther. Those were my big takeaways, and, as well made, and as exciting and fun as it was, there's a part of me that can't help but say "what's the point," when the movie pretty much amounts to "I believe this," "I believe this;" "Let's just say we believe different things and agree to disagree."

Last edited:
CW flat out bored me- when it should have been building up suspense and anticipation.

:goodpost:
I liked Civil War, but, honestly, it didn't strike me in the same way that BvS did, or, for that matter, The Winter Soldier. It's a fantastic movie, but there were no real stakes, it seems like. You could ask anybody, when The Winter Soldier came out, I came in here and write paragraphs about how brilliant of a movie it was; Jye can attest to that. I can't say I felt the same way about CW, because, ultimately, it just felt superficial. By the time BvS ended, I felt like there was a real sense of growth for the characters, with Clark realizing his place in the world before making his ultimate sacrifice, and with Batman, who had begun to remember what it means to be a hero, after years of disillusionment.

With CW, it felt like the characters just stagnated and remained pretty much exactly as they were, in the spirit of keeping up the status quo until Avengers 3. The thing to remember is that this was a Captain America movie, and I feel like it says something when the most exciting things to come out of a Captain America movie are Spider-Man and Black Panther. Those were my big takeaways, and, as well made, and as exciting and fun as it was, there's a part of me that can't help but say "what's the point," when the movie pretty much amounts to "I believe this," "I believe this;" "Let's just say we believe different things and agree to disagree."

It's funny because that enthusiasm SoGS had for CW is the same kind of energy I had after BvS. I've only seen it twice, but there was so much there to digest that I instantly wanted to see it again. It went on for weeks before I finally got to see it a second time, and, having, sort of, fully realized that idea of what the movie is, I've got to say, I loved it. Of course, it probably doesn't help Civil War that I literally saw BvS that aforementioned second time the day I went to see Civil War.:lol It actually kind of depresses me that the movie I couldn't stop thinking about was one I'd seen already.

Back