Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if it's already been posted, because I can't keep up with this damn thread, but the Blu-Ray release is scheduled for 7/16/2016. Best Buy is getting an exclusive steel book.

Now if I could only find that great post by Clown regarding Superman's premature death so that khev can just close that one off, then this movie would be untouchable. :lol

See what happens when DiFabio takes a few days off...there goes the hen house! :lol

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

In all seriousness though I certainly wouldn't make the case that the film was untouchable, just that I enjoyed the story, action, and intensity and thought that character motivations were done extremely well straight across the board. If people thought this movie wasn't the right time or place for Supes' death that's cool, I just like how it was handled and did think it was a good place to do it.

Yep, and the "two Marthas" thing coming up right as Batman was about to kill Supes? How the hell could Luthor have ever anticipated that? His plan (killing Superman) was literally going to work were it not for that fluke of flukes. I love it when movies give villains that level of competence instead of just having them suddenly turn into idiots when the script demands that it's time for the heroes to win.

:lol

There is still the issue of who the hell calls their mum by name....that was kinda jarring to me.

However, I have my own theories.

1) Having Superman actually saying ''Mom'' might have seemed too much like ''crying for mommy'', rendering him childlike
2) It's possible he fully expected Batman to kill him and he wanted to ensure that Batman would actually investigate what he was talking about, therefore giving her actual name would be a good idea.

Last Wednesday, when the Reviews started hitting Rotten Tomatoes:

Movie Bloggers & Snyder Haters (to Audiences): "When this movie is released, don't go see it. Snyder DCCU is dead. Buried. Consider this mercy"

Audiences: "Tell me... Do you bumhurt? You WILL."

And here we are.

Dunno if these are legit, but I've reading up on Easter Eggs, and these caught my eye:

When Bruce runs away in the funeral scene, one of the tombstones says Grundy.

The Wayne Family Tomb has the name Alan Wayne which is a reference to the Court of Owls.

As for the Martha dream, some are saying that the Bat-Creature is Man-Bat. Personally I took it as just a manifestation of Bruce's fears and such, not as a hint that Man-Bat is out there and has been tormenting Batman.

Dunno if these are legit, but I've reading up on Easter Eggs, and these caught my eye:

When Bruce runs away in the funeral scene, one of the tombstones says Grundy.

The Wayne Family Tomb has the name Alan Wayne which is a reference to the Court of Owls.

As for the Martha dream, some are saying that the Bat-Creature is Man-Bat. Personally I took it as just a manifestation of Bruce's fears and such, not as a hint that Man-Bat is out there and has been tormenting Batman.

No, it actually IS Man-Bat. I can confirm that.

Really?! Is it supposed to be a past "adventure" that still haunts him? You know, I may not have liked every decision they made, but they've really upped the ante will all these references, I'll give Snyder and the rest of the writting team that.

Oh, and some are saying that the sports story was about Vic's game.

I assumed he was just having nightmares about the Batman Forever deleted scenes. :wink1:

batman-foever-deleted-bat.jpg

There is still the issue of who the hell calls their mum by name....that was kinda jarring to me.

However, I have my own theories.

1) Having Superman actually saying ''Mom'' might have seemed too much like ''crying for mommy'', rendering him childlike
2) It's possible he fully expected Batman to kill him and he wanted to ensure that Batman would actually investigate what he was talking about, therefore giving her actual name would be a good idea.

Possibly. I think Supes very well could have been so defeated in that moment that he did temporarily succumb to Bruce's rhetoric that he wasn't of this world and called her Martha because he felt like an unworthy failure. Or along the lines of what you suggest he didn't want Batman to hear a generic "mom" or "mother" but rather her given name whether she lived or died.

Really?! Is it supposed to be a past "adventure" that still haunts him?

Yep. Something like that. Essentially, in this movie Batman has already encountered ALL of his Rogues Gallery (some multiple times), and most are in Arkham (including Joker). I know there's a reference to that in some dialogue and hoping that's in the Extended Cut.

I think it was a little too much. A few references is nice, but not so many that it becomes detrimental to the movie.

They could've been better implemented, but I think ones such as the above (CoW, Grundy) are subtle enough for me. Plus, I always enjoy world building.

Yep. Something like that. Essentially, in this movie Batman has already encountered ALL of his Rogues Gallery (some multiple times), and most are in Arkham (including Joker). I know there's a reference to that in some dialogue and hoping that's in the Extended Cut.

I expected something like that with the 20 year passage, but I never thought they'd "do" everyone. Huh, that's kind of neat, actually. Now the Batman solos can move past the origins and the like. Guess we might move on to newer storylines and villains, like the Court of Owls, or maybe Mr. Bloom?

You know, this movie is weird. When it was announced, my hype was through the roof. When I went in the theatre, my hype was zero. When I came out, I was dissapointed, but somewhat sattisfied. Now, the more time passes, the more I like it. I'm definitely interested in seeing the R-Cut now.

This movie has so much more hidden it it than meets the eye- I'm all for something that doesn't have to explain every bit of what we see on the screen and leave it up to every person's interpretation....

They could've been better implemented, but I think ones such as the above (CoW, Grundy) are subtle enough for me. Plus, I always enjoy world building.

I expected something like that with the 20 year passage, but I never thought they'd "do" everyone. Huh, that's kind of neat, actually. Now the Batman solos can move past the origins and the like. Guess we might move on to newer storylines and villains, like the Court of Owls, or maybe Mr. Bloom?

You know, this movie is weird. When it was announced, my hype was through the roof. When I went in the theatre, my hype was zero. When I came out, I was dissapointed, but somewhat sattisfied. Now, the more time passes, the more I like it. I'm definitely interested in seeing the R-Cut now.

I'm telling you like all great films it has to be viewed several times to absorb all the nuances and such in it. It is very overloaded for a "superhero film" but I say it strives to be much much more than one...if you get what I mean...

Back