Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random, irrational complaint: Was anyone else disgusted by the bathtub scene? Clark enters inside with his shoes on! I mean, WTF man? Who knows what germs his soles have, and there he goes getting inside a filled to the top with water bathtub while his girlfriend is naked in there. And then they have sex? Inside that water? I know it's stupid, but it made me go "oh, that's nasty"...

Totally agree...i think it had the potential to be a really, really good movie. Maybe directors cut will connect all the winding roads by removing the crazy editing...

Eh, I don't trust Snyder anymore, no matter what. I wouldn't trust him to direct a lego commercial. And from what he's said, the R-Cut will just have some more Batman action and the like. I don't expect much more...

Just acme back from seeing this. Found it to be ok. It was entertaining. There were a few things I did not like. Why was Clark's father in this, and where was he walking to in the snow? That whole part could have been left out because it came out of nowhere for what? Batman should have went after the spear while Superman and Wonder Woman fought Doomsday. Batman was useless against the monster and should have just went after the one weapon that could obviously hurt it. The relationship between Bruce and Alfred is different. Alfred was always seen fixing things or building gadgets for Bruce was he the brain and Bruce the muscle? Lex Luthor. This version of the smart bad guy is the most different we've ever gotten. This one kills his employees, comes up with sinister plots and actually carries them out by himself. Usually he does things behind the scenes and rarely gets his hands dirty so nothing can be traced back to him. This one is literally in the muck causing trouble. He does everything except put a gun to Martha's head. At the end I got the feeling that Darkseid was the one making the dirt rise from the coffin. In Justice League I think He steals Superman's body and makes him the leader of an army that attacks the planet. The league comes together to defend the earth and batman discovers that Superman is being controlled by Darkseid. Only Lois can bring the Man of Steel back because he loves her so much.

[...]In Justice League I think He steals Superman's body and makes him the leader of an army that attacks the planet. The league comes together to defend the earth and batman discovers that Superman is being controlled by Darkseid. Only Lois can bring the Man of Steel back because he loves her so much.

So basically the second third of New52 Earth-2 in a way?... I'd see that. It'd make for an interesting First Part...

Eh, I don't trust Snyder anymore, no matter what. I wouldn't trust him to direct a lego commercial. And from what he's said, the R-Cut will just have some more Batman action and the like. I don't expect much more...

I dunno....underneath the chaos was a good story....it needed focus. The film had emotional pull, tension he just didn't put it all together very well for my taste. I was a big Snyder, Cavill critic but think Cavill was solid.....Snyder had it, he just dropped the ball. Don't know if I trust him going forward but we shall see...

I dunno....underneath the chaos was a good story....it needed focus. The film had emotional pull, tension he just didn't put it all together very well for my taste. I was a big Snyder, Cavill critic but think Cavill was solid.....Snyder had it, he just dropped the ball. Don't know if I trust him going forward but we shall see...

Snyder just doesn't get these characters. Or cares enough for them to do them justice. All he cares about is his "vision". He killed Mercy and Jimmy Olsen just cause. Just so that nobody could use them. Does he think he's the only director the DCEU has?

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's this kind of double standard with comic book movies that pisses me off. Terrence Malick does **** like this and these people call it "art." Zack Snyder tries to do something a little different and it's "garbage."

Snyder just doesn't get these characters. Or cares enough for them to do them justice. All he cares about is his "vision". He killed Mercy and Jimmy Olsen just cause. Just so that nobody could use them. Does he think he's the only director the DCEU has?

I would say, the writer killed them, not Snyder :lol I think he cares about the characters, he's just not a great storyteller...at least when it comes to telling such an ambitious story with so much going on.

It's this kind of double standard with comic book movies that pisses me off. Terrence Malick does **** like this and these people call it "art." Zack Snyder tries to do something a little different and it's "garbage."

I dunno if I'd call random appearances like that art in any film....it was totally unnecessary and didn't fit. ..but each their own

I dunno if I'd call random appearances like that art in any film....it was totally unnecessary and didn't fit. ..but each their own

I wasn't talking about you, in particular, but one of the big criticisms I see is that the editing in this movie is "disjointed," and that there are a bunch of "weird choices" made in the direction, and it's **** like this that contributes to it having a 29% RT score, yet The Tree of Life has an 84%.

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve it, or even that I didn't like it. I'm just saying that, if you were judging that movie the same way they are this one, I guarantee you that the complaints would be the same, but there's a different set of rules and standards for those movies and it seems like a lot of the criticisms of BvS I see are based on the fact that it doesn't play into the conventions that we expect our comic book movies to have.

There were a lot of quick scenes like when Martha Kent is talking to Clark....what you see in the trailer is the whole scene :lol Then there's the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would say, the writer killed them, not Snyder :lol I think he cares about the characters, he's just not a great storyteller...at least when it comes to telling such an ambitious story with so much going on.

Eh, I doubt the screenwritter said "let's take Jimmy Olsen and make him this CIA guy who gets killed". From Snyder's interview I'm getting the vibe that's his doing. He also says they wanted Eisenberg for that part... What? You'd cast Eisenberg so that you could kill him? Just, this man maks no sense... Personally, I don't get the impression that he cares. At all. He's got a fixed, preferred version of them in his mind, and he's doing everything in their power to turn them into "his" versions. He might say his Superman is exactly like the one from the comic books, but that's just not true. This is Superman:

s24t.jpg

Superman_f16fd1_5440384.jpg

2010-08-28.3.JPG

Random, irrational complaint: Was anyone else disgusted by the bathtub scene? Clark enters inside with his shoes on! I mean, WTF man? Who knows what germs his soles have, and there he goes getting inside a filled to the top with water bathtub while his girlfriend is naked in there. And then they have sex? Inside that water? I know it's stupid, but it made me go "oh, that's nasty"...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

There were a lot of quick scenes like when Martha Kent is talking to Clark....what you see in the trailer is the whole scene :lol Then there's the
Spoiler Spoiler:

My biggest issue with the "Pa Kent" stuff in this movie is that it seems like Clark has a seriously ****ed up way of thinking about the past. Like the "Superman was only ever the dream of a dead farmer from Kansas" bit. I'm like "really? The same farmer that was so dead set against it that he encouraged you to ignore the fact that you could save a bunch of drowning kids in the interest of protecting your secret? Or the one who, essentially, committed suicide so people wouldn't see you save him? Yeah, that was a hell of a dream of his, Clark. A hell of a dream..."

My biggest issue with the "Pa Kent" stuff in this movie is that it seems like Clark has a seriously ****ed up way of thinking about the past. Like the "Superman was only ever the dream of a dead farmer from Kansas" bit. I'm like "really? The same farmer that was so dead set against it that he encouraged you to ignore the fact that you could save a bunch of drowning kids in the interest of protecting your secret? Or the one who, essentially, committed suicide so people wouldn't see you save him? Yeah, that was a hell of a dream of his, Clark. A hell of a dream..."

:slap Seems this DCCU can't even be consistent with itself when there's only been one other film.

Back