Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's officially better than My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2...I think.:lol

Well, maybe it's just mine, but...

????? ?????.jpg

Oh well, let's hope it'll improve eventually.

I liked it. Great fun but pretty silly in places. A big fun mess of a movie. Far better than MOS, but surprisingly it may alienate people who liked MOS.
I actually find it hard to comment on it without seeing it again. It was a sugar rush. I just wish someone would reign Snyders videogame aesthetics and narrative in.
If this had been smarter it would have been terrific. As it is there is a lot to enjoy, but it's very odd, odd in a tonally uneven way. My overriding feeling waking out of the theatre was that it was such a pity it was so cheesy. But having said that I really enjoyed some of it. I genuinely don't know what the mass general audiences will make of it. It's a movie you will either embrace or hate.

Pretty much what the Spanish review said. :lol

Where is Rory with his take? :impatient:

:lol sorry I got dragged for beers. I agree pretty much with your take on it Carl, but based on what one thought of MOS?
It's gonna be hated and loved in equal measure I think. After seeing it I really do not understand how the movie has been marketed.
Oh and I want to see Wonder Woman now..
:lol

Sounds like I'm going to hate this movie. I like the MOS tone, just hated the acting and script, now this seems to be going the cheesy Marvel route. I'm still excited for Suicide Squad though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like I'm going to hate this movie. I like the MOS tone, just hated the acting and script, now this seems to be going the cheesy Marvel route. I'm still excited for Suicide Squad though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could not continue the Nolan-esque tonal quality of MOS- that movie didn't capture a large enough audience to launch a multi-film universe from...WB had to create something different and yes for all practical reasons more "Marvel-like" to capture the now superhero filled world they are trying to create...

Well, I must admit, I look at reviews and Imdb-scores before I book tickets but this reminds me of The Lone Ranger and The Hobbit trilogy. Most people thought those movies were abominations but I ended up enjoying them. If it gets a 7/10 on Imdb I'll probably end up enjoying this flick as well. Or maybe my (bad?) taste and prejudice/nostalgia will influence my final thoughts. Only 40 hurs untill I can judge the BvS myself...

I don't know, all the rotten reviews seem to confirm what I feared: Pseudo-Intellectual BS is mashed together with video-game like visuals to create a pop-corn movie that thinks that it's "mature". Still, it's at 41% now, so it's starting to rise. Let's see where it stops.

In the 30s is my bet

Back