Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we have a saying here that goes something like this: "A good morning makes for a good day". And so far, the morning is looking hella stormy. I'm still reserving judgement, but it seems it's exactly what I feared.

Eh, if this tanks critically or even commercially (which I doubt), I can see WB giving him the sack.

I agree but I knew the reviews would be very mixed- the box office is the key of course

Glossing over the reviews I'm noticing that even the scathing ones seem to like WW. Good. She's the main reason I'm going so I imagine I'll still have fun. I don't really care if BvS is "good" or not because Netflix DD is filling that void nicely. Anything cool in BvS is just gravy as far as I'm concerned. Every "event" film doesn't have to be a transcendent religious experience.

Calling it now, the final RT score will land somewhere near 50! Avg rating is probably gonna stay around that 5/10 mark. Movie could still make big bucks despite crap reviews, for the DC hopefuls. My original prediction way back was this movie would fall just short of $1B WW, let's see how this plays out.

If it can't make $1 billion worldwide there will be massive uphevals at WB- that would qualify to be a disastrous take for this movie and the whole plan they have for more films

No way this was going to be almost universally acclaimed like TFA...however it needs better reviews.
As for box office it will be huge- so WB is waiting on the numbers in the days ahead.
Personally , overglowing reviews across the board on TFA and FR are sheep "jump on the bandwagon" mentality- they were great but not as brilliant as the reviews made them out to be.

Doesn't need great reviews to make buckets of cash. And I disagree about FR. I think its one of the best movies of the last 15 years or so. And I'm a guy who likes dramas and quirky indie movies etc.

This will make a fortune, no question of that at this stage, but will it make enough and will it create a strong foundation for JL?
That must surely be the big concern at Warners.

If this is not well received critically than how are they gonna sell JL which with Snyder at the helm will be a similar movie?

This will make a fortune, no question of that at this stage, but will it make enough and will it create a strong foundation for JL?
That must surely be the big concern at Warners.

If this is not well received critically than how are they gonna sell JL which with Snyder at the helm will be a similar movie?

Box office is all that matters- as far as letting Snyder continue, I think he might not do JL2 though if matters become worse and it doesn't hit huge worldwide numbers

If it can't make $1 billion worldwide there will be massive uphevals at WB- that would qualify to be a disastrous take for this movie and the whole plan they have for more films

I don't see that happening. WB has already pushed all their chips in when they greenlit SS and WW well before BvS was taking form in the editing room. Even if BvS underperforms and makes say $900M (which is still a pretty damn good number in itself), it's still a profit and they'll just try harder and change things up for the next film. No way they're scrapping the DCEU unless the film REALLY tanks... or I should say Tranks :wink1:

Sounds like IrishJedi might lose some credibility on this one. What'd he say it was again, "a straight 10?" :monkey3

;)

10%? I'm no Zack Snyder fan, and haven't seen BvS, but even to me that sounds stingy by one or two points.

Doesn't need great reviews to make buckets of cash. And I disagree about FR. I think its one of the best movies of the last 15 years or so. And I'm a guy who likes dramas and quirky indie movies etc.

OK true I did think FR was something special- maybe I should have stopped at TFA...however I was trying to say sometimes bandwagon praise gets out of control...

It's gonna go up.... r-right guys?

9UfE3yC.jpg

Back