Batgirl The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batgirl/warner-bros-may-have-just-found-a-new-writer-for-batgirlon-social-media-a158104

1512774788770.jpg

I don't even know what's going on at this point.

Author Roxane Gay penned the World of Wakanda comic book for Marvel which was praised for its prominent portrayal of LGBTQ characters. She's also penned The New York Times best-selling essay collection Bad Feminist and books like An Untamed State and Hunger.
She co-wrote a comic book that, despite some serious hype for the franchise, got cancelled almost immediately due to poor sales.
She's clearly qualified to pen a big budget superhero movie!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap:clap:clap:clap

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Author Roxane Gay penned the World of Wakanda comic book for Marvel which was praised for its prominent portrayal of LGBTQ characters. She's also penned The New York Times best-selling essay collection Bad Feminist and books like An Untamed State and Hunger.
She co-wrote a comic book that, despite some serious hype for the franchise, got cancelled almost immediately due to poor sales.
I know, I read an issue or two (yay for RCO). Marvel's been putting out dreadful stuff since ~2015, but that was a new low. But hey, at least now BP is going We Wuz Kangz: Intergalactic Edition. No, seriously:

MTUxOTMxNjc5Mw==

BLACK PANTHER #1
Written by TA-NEHISI COATES • Penciled by DANIEL ACUÑA
Cover by DANIEL ACUñA
VARIANT COVER BY IN-HYUK LEE
VARIANT COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI
VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
VIRGIN COVER VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JACK KIRBY
BLACK AND WHITE REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JACK KIRBY
VARIANT COVER BY OLIVIER COIPEL
YOUNG GUN VARIANT COVER BY PEPE LARRAZ
BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
A NEW DIRECTION FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUñA!

A bold new direction for the Black Panther! For years, T’Challa has fought off invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed…
Across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T’Challa’s name. Readers caught a glimpse of it in MARVEL LEGACY #1. Now find out the truth behind the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda!
Ta-Nehisi Coates welcomes aboard fan-favorite artist Daniel Acuña for a Black Panther story unlike any other!

40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

>Iron Man gets ridiculed in his own book
>Banner is killed off by Hawkeye
>Pym is now a genocidal robot
>Beast is a cry-baby
>Ree-Ree, Moon Girl, Nadia & Cho YAAAAASSS KWEEEENNN SLAAAAAY
>Black Panther is now going to reign over a ****ing intergalactic empire, Sheev-Style

The MCU was a mistake...

Ironic that it’s the opposite in television..the CW is a juggernaut force in quality tv shows related to comics and has set the new era in tv programming and has given DC life in television while ABC has squandered Marvel’s efforts while Netflix is keeping Marvel in the hunt

Youre kidding right?

I can write and direct a solo Batman movie that isn't a gritty edgy action flick.

Hell, just take anyone of the all ready printed stories and turn it into a live action. Boom, half the work already done. Coming up with a story/plot shouldn't be difficult.

CW has 4 interconnected shows that are doing pretty well and then there is Gotham and Preacher. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant to their success.

Well, it actually is as I would be their audience... or not. How have you defined their "success"? Because they haven't been cancelled? Maybe.
But I for one will not watch these so called comicbook tv shows when they stray from source material, are cheesy cheap and /or campy, and pander to the SJWs political plight.

Because Im a DC fan I looked forward to each and every one of these titles, and without fail they either lost me or pushed me away. Only because Penguin has caged his homosexuality have I returned to Gotham but with one eye closed.

With Krypton on the horizon I look forward to watching that with only the hope it will keep me coming back.

Ironic that it’s the opposite in television..the CW is a juggernaut force in quality tv shows related to comics and has set the new era in tv programming and has given DC life in television while ABC has squandered Marvel’s efforts while Netflix is keeping Marvel in the hunt

CW and Quality do not belong together in the same sentence ever.

Well, it actually is as I would be their audience... or not. How have you defined their "success"? Because they haven't been cancelled? Maybe.
But I for one will not watch these so called comicbook tv shows when they stray from source material, are cheesy cheap and /or campy, and pander to the SJWs political plight.

Because Im a DC fan I looked forward to each and every one of these titles, and without fail they either lost me or pushed me away. Only because Penguin has caged his homosexuality have I returned to Gotham but with one eye closed.

With Krypton on the horizon I look forward to watching that with only the hope it will keep me coming back.

still on the air is a sign on success, if people aren't watching it isn't going to be on.

Sure, they all aren't source perfect, but they don't need to be. These are shows so some things are changed for the broad appeal. Flash is a fav and this season has been awesome. Legends is stilly but a fun show with a nice cast of oddball characters. Arrow is long in the tooth. Supergirl, not really for me. Gotham.Rocks. Preacher is insane. Krypton does looking interesting.

People are still mad movies/tv don’t follow the cb source material?

You must have some impressive teets to still be nursing that grudge.

They need to get a stuntwoman to play Batgirl. If you want to establish a strong female character, get someone competent to play her. It should be remembered that Yvonne Craig was not only athletic as a ballerina but she did her own motorcyle riding/stunts in the tv series. Get that kind of actress and use her abilities right. The fandom will follow.

Last edited:
Back