Kraven the Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always felt that Kraven is a older, experienced villain. He is big like Butler, but ATJ can bulk up. Supposedly, Sony went after Pitt, Reeves and Driver.

Yeah, Kraven was always in his 40s or so, considering he has teen/YA kids. But he's always had the agility/body of a peak man, so it makes sense getting someone in their 30s. Butler is closer to the type, I'll agree there. But we have to be realistic. You'll need tons of shots of Kraven naked/semi-nude fighting in jungles, and aside from Statham who was an Olympic athlete before becoming an actor, I can't think of many 50 YOs who could pull that off. The only way to make a good Kraven flick is to pull off the action.

As for the rest, I can't see them as Kraven. Driver has the most mass, plus the voice and the acting chops, but he's more selective in his roles. I do hold some hope that he'll be getting Doom, but it's a longshot. I'm looking forward to all of his films, truth be told. Gucci, Annete, The Last Duel, they all look and sound great, especially in this Post-Covid era.

Yeah, Kraven was always in his 40s or so, considering he has teen/YA kids. But he's always had the agility/body of a peak man, so it makes sense getting someone in their 30s. Butler is closer to the type, I'll agree there. But we have to be realistic. You'll need tons of shots of Kraven naked/semi-nude fighting in jungles, and aside from Statham who was an Olympic athlete before becoming an actor, I can't think of many 50 YOs who could pull that off. The only way to make a good Kraven flick is to pull off the action.

As for the rest, I can't see them as Kraven. Driver has the most mass, plus the voice and the acting chops, but he's more selective in his roles. I do hold some hope that he'll be getting Doom, but it's a longshot. I'm looking forward to all of his films, truth be told. Gucci, Annete, The Last Duel, they all look and sound great, especially in this Post-Covid era.

I'm not a Driver fan. I think of him as an older Napolean Dynamite. :rotfl

I'm not a Driver fan. I think of him as an older Napolean Dynamite. :rotfl

I don't really see it. Napoleon Dynamite was a scrawny nerd. Driver isn't beautiful, but he's broad shouldered/full, tall, and has a deep voice. I get not liking his films and whatnot, tastes vary, but I don't see the resemblance between the two.

Kraven the Hunter's first look at CinemaCon confirms Rhino as its main villain​

v3ST4A8e2ogEeLTGQSSgJU-1200-80.jpg.webp

The teaser begins with Kraven facing off with Australian mercenaries, stabbing them in the neck and biting off one’s nose. He’s a no-nonsense Marvel antihero. Russell Crowe plays his dad, teaching him to respect the world around him, and there’s a shot of him with a young Kraven feeling the spirit of a dead cow. “We are predators,” Crowe tells the son in a voiceover.

At one point, Kraven’s brother, Chameleon, played by The White Lotus’ Fred Hechinger, tells him, “You’re just another man hunting for a trophy.”

A voice intones, “There is an animal in each one of us.”

There’s a shot of Kraven in a luxe office behind the desk with a crossbow as his victim enters. Ariana DeBose, who plays Calypso, tells Kraven, “You’re a goddamn lunatic!”

Rhino also briefly appears in the footage, “Don’t you want to know why they call me The Rhino?” as his arm morphs.

Kraven the Hunter's first look at CinemaCon confirms Rhino as its main villain​

v3ST4A8e2ogEeLTGQSSgJU-1200-80.jpg.webp

The teaser begins with Kraven facing off with Australian mercenaries, stabbing them in the neck and biting off one’s nose. He’s a no-nonsense Marvel antihero. Russell Crowe plays his dad, teaching him to respect the world around him, and there’s a shot of him with a young Kraven feeling the spirit of a dead cow. “We are predators,” Crowe tells the son in a voiceover.

At one point, Kraven’s brother, Chameleon, played by The White Lotus’ Fred Hechinger, tells him, “You’re just another man hunting for a trophy.”

A voice intones, “There is an animal in each one of us.”

There’s a shot of Kraven in a luxe office behind the desk with a crossbow as his victim enters. Ariana DeBose, who plays Calypso, tells Kraven, “You’re a goddamn lunatic!”

Rhino also briefly appears in the footage, “Don’t you want to know why they call me The Rhino?” as his arm morphs.
confused-mark-wahlberg.gif

Of course, you never know with these things, but. . .this seems so ill-advised.

This is just sad. Kraven, the anti hero. :slap

Yeah, he's right up there with Marvels top fan favorite anti heroes... With Venom, Deadpool, the Punisher, Elektra... And Kraven The Hunter baby... :yess:

Morbius at least had the vampire/horror genre thing going for it, and Jared Leto. And that went oh so well... :lol

This is just sad. Kraven, the anti hero. :slap

Yeah, he's right up there with Marvels top fan favorite anti heroes... With Venom, Deadpool, the Punisher, Elektra... And Kraven The Hunter baby... :yess:

Morbius at least had the vampire/horror genre thing going for it, and Jared Leto. And that went oh so well... :lol
In relation to Marvel and even DC, Sony feels like the cinematic equivalent of the '90s Valiant universe.

It's giving me Morbius vibes...just subbed with Kraven. Looking forward to a figure, sure. The movie itself...no thanks. Doesn't even look like he's playing Kraven all that well. Russell Crowe is striking more as a Kraven in the trailer.

"My father puts evil into the world - I take it out." Huh??? Kraven's a villain, right (it says so right on the poster)? Since when do villains spend their time eliminating evil? I freely admit that all I know of Kraven is from when he'd show up to fight Spidey or the F4 in 70s era comics; When did he become a feral version of The Punisher?

It's giving me Morbius vibes...just subbed with Kraven. Looking forward to a figure, sure. The movie itself...no thanks. Doesn't even look like he's playing Kraven all that well. Russell Crowe is striking more as a Kraven in the trailer.
Yeah, this guy jumps all over the place, kills everyone and bites a guy’s face off. And Crowe is more of a “presence” just by talking.

"My father puts evil into the world - I take it out." Huh??? Kraven's a villain, right (it says so right on the poster)? Since when do villains spend their time eliminating evil? I freely admit that all I know of Kraven is from when he'd show up to fight Spidey or the F4 in 70s era comics; When did he become a feral version of The Punisher?
A straight up villain would have worked better I fear. I want to like this, but his ‘lil sidekick already annoys me with about 8 seconds of screen time.

Back