Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think a Sauron figure would be an ideal place to introduce a some real chain mail. Wouldn't need to be super complicated. He has a triangle in the front and back over his ... eh ... bathing suit area.

I think the scale of that statue is pretty spot-on. (Though he does have over-sized feet and his legs might be a little bit long.) But otherwise, he still looks great displayed with 1/6 figures.

I totally second the calls for a unique base, a sturdy stand, and maybe not much die-cast (because of the weight). But if I could make a suggestion for an accessory it would be to include his sword. Of course you have to include his mace, but the sword is really lovely. They made it for the movie (he used it in the deleted scene where he fights Aragorn at the Black Gate) but it didn't make the final cut. I saw it in person in Boston in the mid 2000's when the museum exhibition was touring the world with props and costumes. It's cool.

I think the helmet 100% HAS to be metal too.

Sauron would be an instant preorder for me! How tall would he be in 1/6 scale? I?m guessing he would need to cost $350-$400.

I obtained a nice mirrored back display case from a friend and it will be utilized exclusively for my "Lord of the Rings" figures.

I've slowly been setting up figures, 1 or 2 every evening, and just got to the Twilight Witch King. What a great looking figure. That extra "grabbing" hand is perfect.

Unfortunately, my photo doesn't do it justice, plus the fact that it is behind glass, but it really does have that ethereal look to it.

Here is my crappy (patent pending) photo:

TWK 1.jpg

I obtained a nice mirrored back display case from a friend and it will be utilized exclusively for my "Lord of the Rings" figures.

I've slowly been setting up figures, 1 or 2 every evening, and just got to the Twilight Witch King. What a great looking figure. That extra "grabbing" hand is perfect.

Unfortunately, my photo doesn't do it justice, plus the fact that it is behind glass, but it really does have that ethereal look to it.

Beautiful pic. Wish UPS had shown up with mine yesterday according to tracking:pfft:. Which who knows when he will get here now. Got other stuff due in today via UPS maybe they are just gonna deliver together.

Now the tracking has changed again. :pfft:

Maybe today, maybe not. So many great pics of this fig makes me want to get him in house.:gah: But I try to roll with it; things aren't the way they were since Covid. :drink

View attachment 487999

I have been on the fence about this figure...Asmus should send you a commission because you just sold me one! Most other pictures that I have seen (no offense intended to anyone) have made the figure appear to be slightly disproportionate to me. The head has appeared to be too large. The lack of videos has not helped. Now I can see what the figure actually looks like. Great pose and picture! Thanks!

View attachment 487999

He looks great!

Don't forget his ring!

(You might have to root around in the box a little. I don't remember which little crevice it was tucked into, but the little bag they're in - they include two - is super tiny.)

Congrats on getting the display up and running!

Thank you, guys!! :duff

The figure really looks amazing. My photo is not real clear but I guess that works to the advantage of the "Twilight" look... :monkey5

Jal, you'll definitely be happy with it, when it arrives. I have it displayed next to the Nazgul and just noticed that I had previously posed the Nazgul in an almost exact pose (reaching for the ring, short sword drawn) which now I think looks really cool. I've got them representing the physical world and the undead world at the same time.

Bucky, he is indeed wearing his ring! I found the little baggie holding 2 of them. And thanks! It feels great to finally get them displayed.

Not to be a nit picker, F&F, but he wears it on his right hand, not his left. You’ll have to cut between his forefinger and middle finger to get it on, though.

Overall good figure. One problem I have is with the sword grasping hands. Way too loose for swords and dagger. Why is that? Every other figure has better hands for holding weapons. Also, why not make the King of the Dead as well. (From return of the King)

Overall good figure. One problem I have is with the sword grasping hands. Way too loose for swords and dagger. Why is that? Every other figure has better hands for holding weapons. Also, why not make the King of the Dead as well. (From return of the King)

The hand thing happens sometimes - one of my Thranduils needs a cheat, I just wrap the sword hilt with black electrical tape or black packing foam. Happens with HTs too where you need a hand to grasp a weapon in a certain spot. Colored putty would probably work too.

I would just like to GET my figure in; UPS has jerked me around for 2 weeks - it's like the fig is at the local office, but no-one is making deliveries. I know UPS is having issues but they don't even update the tracking past "destination scan". Then then they say it will be delivered and it never shows up. Contacting Sideshow later and am afraid to have UPS deliver anything else.

If they can't function, they should at least tell companies.

I could see this happening with earlier releases, but asmus has great sword holding hands for almost all their figures already. Why take this step back??

I could see this happening with earlier releases, but asmus has great sword holding hands for almost all their figures already. Why take this step back??

*Cough* Dunno about a step back. Just got mine out of the box and came to the conclusion that we don't DESERVE a company like ASMUS. :wink1::cool:

Not at this price anyway (compared to the prices charged by other companies for less). First look is the attention to detail in-scale is *insane*. Hand-sewn buttons. Lace the right scale. Luv the colors. Multiple layers with tiny, tiny stitches. Amazing sculpt (actually HANDSOME, in a dry-up kind of way:lol...nine for mortal men, doomed to die)

Don't even do baddies but it's friggin' perfection. Just as well didn't understand how good he is, as UPS has been having a meltdown and my fig was floating around for 2+ weeks:panic:- even called Sideshow. (Funny how after contacting Amazon and Sideshow my stuff shows up. Tho to be fair UPS has sometimes gone above and beyond, even at Christmas).

Anyway haven't futzed with him much - cell pics pretty much out of the box today. Luv, luv, this fig. Need to put his ring on and maybe weather a bit, but not inclined to do much with him. He's FANTASTIC:clap:clap:clap

After Bilbo, Thorin, and Gimli - and Eomer, for that matter - sometimes I think...I should just quit $$$$. And I will. As soon as I get Gandalf, Galadriel, Faramir, and the new Thranduil....:monkey3:lol

ASMUS_TwilightWitchKingfull.jpg

ASMUS_TwilightWitchking_face.jpg

Just an exceptional, haunting, fig - thank you ASMUS!:clap:clap:clap:orthanc

Anyone know what time Asmus will lower the price to $150 today? Can't find any info on exact timestamps for the Carnival event except the day it's set for. Would be better to clarify timezone, Asmus, since you'll only offer 20 pieces at this price.

Regards!

Anyone know what time Asmus will lower the price to $150 today? Can't find any info on exact timestamps for the Carnival event except the day it's set for. Would be better to clarify timezone, Asmus, since you'll only offer 20 pieces at this price.

Regards!

I thought the same but have no idea!

Back