Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its doesn't say 'tomorrow' that was my mistake, it says starting July 25...

Is it July 25th where you are?

No worries!

Yes, she's 01:43 am here where I am. I guess it's evening over at your location(murica)?

EDIT: Are you getting any of the new Star Wars figs Hot Toys has been teasing/up for pre-order?

Yeah, they are only selling 20 pieces of the Twilight Witchking at that $150 price.

So who really knows how many they have or how many they made. For this one, I'm certain they didn't make anywhere near 1500.

Yeah, I always got the impression the whole idea was more promotional and less about moving inventory. And if a handful of lucky folks get some great figures for a few bucks less than I paid, that's just fine by me. I'm always happy to have more people excited about LOTR figures!

Yeah, I always got the impression the whole idea was more promotional and less about moving inventory. And if a handful of lucky folks get some great figures for a few bucks less than I paid, that's just fine by me. I'm always happy to have more people excited about LOTR figures!

Very true. This will be my first Asmus figure, been thinking about buying since it went up for pre order. Never pulled the trigger since I wasn’t sure if I would be happy with it or not. We’ll see when it arrives if it’s a keeper or not.

Couldn’t see any fees for shipping though, guess it’s free of charge?

Their site is a bit strange though, feels more like a scam site than a legitimate supplier. I mean, KGHobby has a much sleeker site and believe they are much smaller compared to Asmus.

Huh. Bein' a Hobbit fan - tho the Witch King shows up with Radagast - I wouldn't have thought he'd be on my shelf, way back. Cant' have everything $$$$$.

Just superb IMO - the color, sculpt, paint, fabrics, details, quality.

Far as I can tell, ASMUS is slowly getting better known in a market crowded with DiD, Hot Toys, Blitzway, and so on. Wait till the Amazon series comes out and the hype machine starts (which it will, Amazon has invested millions).

I'll be glad to have my Hobbit/LOTR figures then - will be really interesting if ASMUS gets the license for the Second Age figs.

Huh. Bein' a Hobbit fan - tho the Witch King shows up with Radagast - I wouldn't have thought he'd be on my shelf, way back. Cant' have everything $$$$$.

Just superb IMO - the color, sculpt, paint, fabrics, details, quality.

Far as I can tell, ASMUS is slowly getting better known in a market crowded with DiD, Hot Toys, Blitzway, and so on. Wait till the Amazon series comes out and the hype machine starts (which it will, Amazon has invested millions).

I'll be glad to have my Hobbit/LOTR figures then - will be really interesting if ASMUS gets the license for the Second Age figs.

I cannot wait, it is going to be a wild and fun time to collect Asmus! Celebrimbor is probably my most anticipated from the potential line up.

I cannot wait, it is going to be a wild and fun time to collect Asmus! Celebrimbor is probably my most anticipated from the potential line up.

For sure! I dont know if ASMUS has the license tho. There's gotta be other companies drooling at the thought of a new line-up with a built in audience. Still, it will put a spotlight on Middle Earth.

biggest let down with this awesome figure, is the loose gripping hands. Unless its just mine. Both left and right grip hands are terrible on mine, worst of all my lotr figures. Sad

For sure! I dont know if ASMUS has the license tho. There's gotta be other companies drooling at the thought of a new line-up with a built in audience. Still, it will put a spotlight on Middle Earth.

Man, I will be SO mad if ThreeZero gets that license.

Fingers crossed VERY tightly for Asmus. :pray:

That would be almost as bad as no company getting the license. No interactions with their community, no idea when/if something is in the pipeline, 50/50 (generous) chance of a dismal final production piece. The only positive is that the outfits would be great but Asmus already does that and delivers on all the rest.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That would be almost as bad as no company getting the license. No interactions with their community, no idea when/if something is in the pipeline, 50/50 (generous) chance of a dismal final production piece. The only positive is that the outfits would be great but Asmus already does that and delivers on all the rest.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanx for posting that - I don't have any ThreeZero figs so I was like what?

IMO tho ASMUS has a track record and experience; and real respect for Middle Earth. It'd be a fail IMO to give the license for 1/6 figs to anyone else.

ASMUS_MOS_king.jpg

Back