Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting both lol. This is getting out of hand but it?s so much easier collecting Asmus over HT for the price. I missed out on Slim Frodo, there was some left on BBTS but now sold out so I preordered Bilbo as my first hobbit as a consolation. Probably display him next to Thorin. Witchking would display with MoS since they are both villains. Ugh decisions!

eBay should be your friend for collecting all the characters you missed out on. There’s some
rare ones up in the UK now but prices have really shot up. I was lucky to find as much as I did there but I think I caught up on the line just before Asmus took a step up in quality and attracted more collectors.
Buying some second hand also saved me a few quid and everything was still in top shape. My 2nd handers are The Witch King, Deluxe Saruman, Deluxe Legolas, Slim Aragorn, ACI Ringwraith, Asmus Steed and Sam. Eowyn, Guritz and the Mouth of Sauron were the toughest to track down and I paid big bucks for an unopened MOS.

Just got mine in. Holy cow this figure is SWEET! I think i'll try my hand at uploading a review of this guy later today or tomorrow. (Photo Quality is pretty nerfed because i'm not VIP)
Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Your photos have me wanting to pay mine off and get him in...come to think of it, he'll go nicely with my loose Hobbit group...

When Angmar fell, the Men of the North took his body and all that he possessed and sealed it within the High Fells of Rhudaur. Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light.

I need to collect some rocks and make a bit of a diorama for him....

And MOS can go with the LOTR group on the shelf. Don't really target LOTR but will pick up a Crown Aragorn for sure. The Two Towers/Helm's Deep is a fav movie/scene.:clap

Don't know what the status is of Amazon's Middle Earth production. But still figure once that releases hype will drive Middle Earth hype and the price for already released stuff will go up. Heck, some of the poly stuff is already high priced. Like the WETA Smaug bust was put up at at over $3000.:horror

The Helms Deep Aragorn is just a standard release. I think Black Gate Aragorn is the best contender for the Crown series. He actually washes his hair before that battle so going the rooted route may not be such a hassle.

The Helms Deep Aragorn is just a standard release. I think Black Gate Aragorn is the best contender for the Crown series. He actually washes his hair before that battle so going the rooted route may not be such a hassle.

Because he fell in the river? 😃

Because he fell in the river? ��

Ha, I guess that was a refreshing wash as well but no- it’s as if someone in Gondor told Aragorn ‘ok, we’ve found some lovely, royal armour for you to wear but if you’re going to lead us on a suicide mission to save the word, you’ve got to sort that greasy mess out.’ I think they even found him a comb.
Personally I prefer him looking as unkempt as possible.

The presentation of your figures is simple but stunning. Love the poses and seeing them stand together like that! :)

Thanks !! Yes, very simple because I put them in a home cinema room. It's kinda like museum poses but it's really effective ! :D

IMG_8337.JPEG

Impressed by your custom but what really caught my eye is that Nazgul on steed. That?s a hella sick pose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ! I took that pose from Wor-Gar if I remember correctly. :)

Works for me. May be travesty but I prefer ranger/grubby Aragorn.

One quick question, so Weta Sauron seems to be right on 1/6th scale ?

Are you guys making one??? Please tell me that this is a hint that my MOST wanted figure in ANY line is in the works.

One quick question, so Weta Sauron seems to be right on 1/6th scale ?

Yes, Asmus. The Sideshow Weta statue is in perfect scale with the fallen Helm of Sauron that comes with the Weta Isildur statue- both of which are in 1:6 scale. If you use that full bodied statue as a reference source for scale then you’ll be onto a winner.

I don’t know exactly what I’ll do with my Sauron if Asmus do release The Lord of the Rings himself but I will certainly buy the figure. A diorama base would be very welcome and he’ll need a specific stand. Die cast is probably not entirely necessary. He’d just be way too heavy and paint can simulate the metal effect just as well as the real thing.

Whenever mention of a 1/6 Sauron figure comes up, I'm always torn. I really like the SS/Weta Sauron statue and am not sure if I need another 1/6 Sauron. But I'm sure it will be amazing and I'll have to double-dip...

I think the scale of that statue is pretty spot-on. (Though he does have over-sized feet and his legs might be a little bit long.) But otherwise, he still looks great displayed with 1/6 figures.

I totally second the calls for a unique base, a sturdy stand, and maybe not much die-cast (because of the weight). But if I could make a suggestion for an accessory it would be to include his sword. Of course you have to include his mace, but the sword is really lovely. They made it for the movie (he used it in the deleted scene where he fights Aragorn at the Black Gate) but it didn't make the final cut. I saw it in person in Boston in the mid 2000's when the museum exhibition was touring the world with props and costumes. It's cool.

Back