1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this snazzy Nazgul (or Snazzgul) today!

I like him!

Gonna need to give the robes a good soak so they'll lay a bit more naturally, but out of the box he looks really good!

Had to do a quick repair to re-glue one of his belt loops, but that's to be expected. I think I've had to make some kind of minor repair on more than half of all the figures I've ever bought from all different companies over the last two decades. So no worries or surprises there.

Really like the different layers and textures of fabric. Gives a great feeling of depth without being too bulky. And the different grain of fabric from layer to layer really breaks up what could have been just a featureless wad of black cloth. Really helps with the silhouette.

Will probably do just the tiniest bit of trimming of the threads around the edges of the hood, but otherwise, the "head" shape looks good to me.

The armor is very nice. And heavy. He's a beefy boy, but the body seems sturdy. They're not ratchet joints, though, so I won't be putting him in any kind of long term action poses when he goes into the display. Which is fine by me, because I find the Nazgul far more menacing and ominous when they're standing still.

(Though, other than the novelty factor and the satisfyingly hefty feel of it in-hand, I'm not entirely sure what using metal accomplishes here that plastic could not, but it's all well executed and looks great.)

Minor nit: I'm not a huge fan of the figure stand redesign. Base is a bit chunky and modern looking for this line. Also, with a figure this heavy, this is one time where they probably should have gone with a waist-grabber instead of a crotch-cradle. But again, minor nit. I've got plenty of generic stands of both varieties I can easily swap in.

But all things considered, an excellent effort!

Last edited:
Thank you! Looks good!

I already have the very good ACI version but I feel a pull to order this one as well...

It's as if the figure is trying to get into my collection. It wants to be purchased...
Welcome. I do highly recommend him. I think he was well worth what I spent on him. Bonus he has two different swords to help differentiate them.

Thank you! Looks good!

I already have the very good ACI version but I feel a pull to order this one as well...

It's as if the figure is trying to get into my collection. It wants to be purchased...
All you have to decide is what figures to get with the shelf space given to you😊

He's still listed as "pre-order" on Sideshow's site, but that's where I ordered from and he was just delivered yesterday. My guess is, they'll switch over to "in stock" soon.

IMG_20221028_190945_717.jpg

Late dusk shot with a perfectly timed sky. I loving this figure.

So weird question, but isn't this guy supposed to have sleeves? I finally received mine today and the sleeves are completely opened up for some reason to fully expose the arms, even though in the promo shots you don't see that at all.

Got this snazzy Nazgul (or Snazzgul) today!

I like him!

Gonna need to give the robes a good soak so they'll lay a bit more naturally, but out of the box he looks really good!

Had to do a quick repair to re-glue one of his belt loops, but that's to be expected. I think I've had to make some kind of minor repair on more than half of all the figures I've ever bought from all different companies over the last two decades. So no worries or surprises there.

Really like the different layers and textures of fabric. Gives a great feeling of depth without being too bulky. And the different grain of fabric from layer to layer really breaks up what could have been just a featureless wad of black cloth. Really helps with the silhouette.

Will probably do just the tiniest bit of trimming of the threads around the edges of the hood, but otherwise, the "head" shape looks good to me.

The armor is very nice. And heavy. He's a beefy boy, but the body seems sturdy. They're not ratchet joints, though, so I won't be putting him in any kind of long term action poses when he goes into the display. Which is fine by me, because I find the Nazgul far more menacing and ominous when they're standing still.

(Though, other than the novelty factor and the satisfyingly hefty feel of it in-hand, I'm not entirely sure what using metal accomplishes here that plastic could not, but it's all well executed and looks great.)

Minor nit: I'm not a huge fan of the figure stand redesign. Base is a bit chunky and modern looking for this line. Also, with a figure this heavy, this is one time where they probably should have gone with a waist-grabber instead of a crotch-cradle. But again, minor nit. I've got plenty of generic stands of both varieties I can easily swap in.

But all things considered, an excellent effort!
Thank you for posting comments. I usually don't do baddies, but I'd like this to go with the Twilight King and MOS. Then I would have a trio of villains. Or a variant of the Twilight King, as it were. 😁

So weird question, but isn't this guy supposed to have sleeves? I finally received mine today and the sleeves are completely opened up for some reason to fully expose the arms, even though in the promo shots you don't see that at all.
Not according to Asmus. Yes according to the films. That and the fact that the scale of the fabrics does not drop naturally is what made me cancel my preorder.

Yeah I'm really wishing now that I had cancelled mine as well. The outfit is way too stiff and doesn't drape at all, the sleeves are a mess, and the hands and armor constantly fall off every time I try to pose the thing.

Toyanxiety still has all the soft goods available from what I can tell, you can double check that you are not missing any pieces. He does come with separate sleeves, but they don't cover much of the arms I think. Toy Anxiety

I got a set of hands, feet, belt and sword from TA when the parts went up, with the goal of upgrading my current custom or building a new one from scratch. I made my own soft goods for my current custom, so those sculpted pieces and all I really needed - the arms and legs shouldn't be exposed anyway.

Finally got my two copies. One came with a broken neck attachment out of the box but I think I'll be able to glue it back. The hands are a pain to swap out and one of the feet on one figure sometimes pops off when posing but otherwise they're actually quite good figures. I had to do a bit of trimming on the robes to get rid of excess strands of cloth but that was pretty quick. I doubt InArt could beat the price or the overall look of the figure but I'd expect them to improve on the overall quality and finish. I might pick up an InArt version since I'm now thinking I need a third Nazgul for my Weathertop display

Impressive figure out of the box, but a little too clean, so I gave it some weathering. I used a metal wire brush to add some fraying to the bottom hem of the robes, and then hit it with brown splatter paint to match the weathering on the shoes. Also gave the sleeves the water treatment to get them under control. Now it looks like a proper black rider.
IMG_1988.jpg
IMG_1990.jpg
IMG_1991.JPG

Has anyone tried to fix the sleeves on this yet? Ie; stitch them back together? I still can't get my head around the decision to waste resources on making full arm armour when you only see their hands in the movie.

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-CPNNGH (1).jpg

Has anyone tried to fix the sleeves on this yet? Ie; stitch them back together? I still can't get my head around the decision to waste resources on making full arm armour when you only see their hands in the movie.
Yeah I don't get it either. A great example of overengineering IMO.

I don't have this, so I don't know if resewing the sleeves would work. But I did customize my V1 Asmus Nazgul years ago by making my own soft goods, including the sleeves. It's not that difficult to make if you get the right fabric. I sewed everything by hand and then weathered it.

I also got the hands, boots, belt and sword from this release from toyanxiety, with the intention of making another one (at some point).

Here's what I made for the V1, and the end result.

IMG_7535_small.jpg

IMG_7540_small.jpg

IMG_7572_2_small.jpg

Back