1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was ready to pull the trigger on this but after watching the reviews, does this guy have no sleeves? so this promo shots is not correct?

nazgul_the-lord-of-the-rings_gallery_61c3ca15d97d8.jpg

I was ready to pull the trigger on this but after watching the reviews, does this guy have no sleeves? so this promo shots is not correct?

View attachment 627461
The sleeves are cut down the middle for some reason its super odd. Anybody know what that's about? I saw some others commenting on this above and I had no idea they made that change until I opened up the figure and thought it was torn by mistake. I guess maybe they wanted to show off the metal armor more or something? It's a really weird change to make, I don't get it.

I had to cut the fabric that was around the wrist pegs because I just could not get the hands on. I would push till my fingers bled and the hands would just pop back out each time. The fabric around the peg, no matter how much I would pull back and tighten it as to not bunch it up, just left too little room to get the hands into those pegs.

LOL I should hate ASMUS 'coz they get me buying things I normally wouldn't, and even multiples...
this bad boy came in...
I don't even do villains but what a great fig:clap. Cell pic pretty much out of the box. IMO ASMUS nailed it with having a fig that radiates menace. I've got some futzing and trimming to do - nothing major - but luv the layers of fabric that you can just pull around and looks windblown, DIECAST weapons holy *&%$ at this price point, and IMO a clever way to get that soul-less face look.

"…just as the black robes are real robes that they wear to give give shape to their nothingness when they have dealings with the living."

Far as the split robe sleeves, luv that too, haven't looked frame by frame but pretty sure I saw more armor when riding the Fell Beast, and Iron Studios picked that look up too. So I can pull the robes around to look how I want. ASMUS didn't skimp.

fell-beast_the-lord-of-the-rings_gallery_5defcbed6052a.jpg

ASMUS_Nazgul.jpg

Picked up a second one, to pair up with my Twilight King - doubt there'll be another Nazgul this good at this price point. Also can put those weapons on display. :love

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this! I personally has stopped buying asmus figures, but I think this will help many members here who originally didn’t want to purchase this item in asmus’ price, as now the bbts price is really fair for this figure! 👍🏻
IMO the original price is more than fair, tho folks hate to hear comments like that:monkey3. Not that a sale isn't nice. Basing my opinion on the detailed diecast weapons, the diecast parts, the detailed hands, and the multiple and IMO effect use of fabric layers.
There's 4 layers of fabric in back, it's tough not to overbulk plus the fabric selection and choose the different textures.

Heck I don't usually get villains but the Twilight King, MOS and now these Nazgul - the villains ended up with their own section on the shelf. Can't even imagine what it would be like to do this custom. Luv this fig. :love It will be a while before I take him off the desk and stop playing with him.:monkey5

IMO the original price is more than fair, tho folks hate to hear comments like that:monkey3. Not that a sale isn't nice. Basing my opinion on the detailed diecast weapons, the diecast parts, the detailed hands, and the multiple and IMO effect use of fabric layers.
There's 4 layers of fabric in back, it's tough not to overbulk plus the fabric selection and choose the different textures.

Heck I don't usually get villains but the Twilight King, MOS and now these Nazgul - the villains ended up with their own section on the shelf. Can't even imagine what it would be like to do this custom. Luv this fig. :love It will be a while before I take him off the desk and stop playing with him.:monkey5
Well,
We just have to agree to disagree.. again. :)

IMO, the discounted price is the fair price for this Nazgul.
And if the original price is more than fair, the piece won't be discounted after all.
Even after 40% cut, almost half price off.. you can still see it available after 3 weeks.

I think people are waiting for InArt's Nazgul, as they already announce it. Just like Aragorn and Gandalf, the real LOTR collectors will pay premium price for accuracy and just overall better figure. :)

Here's the thing.

Do I want to spend $500 on a black robed figure? Or do I want to spend $120 and make some alterations to get to a solid piece?

I'm not sure. But if InArt tries to command the prices they do on a Ringwraith, I can't see it doing bookoo numbers.

If Inart can do miracle on that sculpted hair Aragorn for $335..
I’m sure they can also do their miracle on a “black robed figure” for less than that price. 😉

Do I want to spend $500 on a black robed figure?
Point taken but they’ve already been selling two figures under $350 with tons of accessories, complex variety of materials and fabrics, and outstanding headsculpts. If they do a ringwraith like they said they would, it will probably be under $300

Curious if IA might try for a steed as an accessory ...

A steed with a great sculpt and no joints - like Asmus' Shadowfax - would definitely make me consider ordering an IA Wraith.

All that said, I've got this Asmus Wraith and he's pretty great. Seriously considered picking up another one at this phenomenal price.

Point taken but they’ve already been selling two figures under $350 with tons of accessories, complex variety of materials and fabrics, and outstanding headsculpts. If they do a ringwraith like they said they would, it will probably be under $300
Touche. (y)

Tons of accessories, great likeness, good materials and overall proportions that makes it look like a mini real life Aragorn instead of a figure or a doll.
Really can't wait to see their Nazgul, I think they will make sure those fabrics flow and drop naturally, and the armor details, weathering and proportion will be amazing.

If InArt can do ringwraith under $300, or even at $300, it will be close to asmus' nazgul original price, which is $200.. but we all know, it will be a huge difference in the quality.

Last edited:
Touche. (y)

Tons of accessories, great likeness, good materials and overall proportions that makes it look like a mini real life Aragorn instead of a figure or a doll.
Really can't wait to see their Nazgul, I think they will make sure those fabrics flow and drop naturally, and the armor details, weathering and proportion will be amazing.

If InArt can do ringwraith under $300, or even at $300, it will be close to asmus' nazgul original price, which is $200.. but we all know, it will be a huge difference in the quality.
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, I imagine spending 275-300$ for a Nazgul is worth it to some collectors - for myself I quite like ASMUS' varied textures and instant windblown look (if that's how you futz it). With that and the great set of weapons and diecast parts - I just don't need anything more. He looks great on the shelf - waiting on my second. Plus IMO the concave head was genius since it gives that empty space effect.

Meanwhile, will see, when Aragorn gets here. He's the only InArt so far was tempted to get, just because I wanted a ranger Aragorn.

Curious if IA might try for a steed as an accessory ...

A steed with a great sculpt and no joints - like Asmus' Shadowfax - would definitely make me consider ordering an IA Wraith.

All that said, I've got this Asmus Wraith and he's pretty great. Seriously considered picking up another one at this phenomenal price.

I had picked up a black horse last year that will work, if I wanted to try to do at least the reins and head tack. What gives me pause is realizing just how tall a mounted Nazgul is gonna be, on a 1/6 horse. I'll get a horse if ASMUS offers but I won't be upset if they don't.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, I imagine spending 275-300$ for a Nazgul is worth it to some collectors - for myself I quite like ASMUS' varied textures and instant windblown look (if that's how you futz it). With that and the great set of weapons and diecast parts - I just don't need anything more. He looks great on the shelf - waiting on my second. Plus IMO the concave head was genius since it gives that empty space effect.

Meanwhile, will see, when Aragorn gets here. He's the only InArt so far was tempted to get, just because I wanted a ranger Aragorn.
Sure. 👌
There are many kind of collectors here, so it's very normal to agree to disagree.
Every collectors has different standards. Some collectors strive for accuracy and overall great presentations and quality, and I think we LOTR fans are lucky to have InArt now, to cater that various standards.
InArt Aragorn, for example. Everyone here agree that their Aragorn is the best 1/6th scale Aragorn we have so far, and hopefully the actual production piece is on par with the prototype. Good to know you've preordered it as well! ;)
For those collectors, paying $75 or $100 extra to get that huge upgrade is a very good deal.
I'm sure it will be worth the extra cost.. that's why I can't wait to see their Ringwraith!

But I am happy for you that your need is fulfilled by this asmus' Nazgul.
Maybe when InArt's Ringwraith's preorder is out, BBTS will add more discount for asmus' Nazgul so you can grab more and finally complete all 9 of them! :)

I had picked up a black horse last year that will work, if I wanted to try to do at least the reins and head tack. What gives me pause is realizing just how tall a mounted Nazgul is gonna be, on a 1/6 horse. I'll get a horse if ASMUS offers but I won't be upset if they don't.
I still have my old asmus Nazgul and dark steed, from back in the old days when asmus is still relatively new and good company.
Although one of the horse's leg is broken, but well, it's asmus, so I'm not surprised. Still a good steed, though. Now I have Hot Toys Knightmare Batman riding it while waiting for InArt's Nazgul/Ringwraith:

IMG_77080EAB4F52-1.jpeg

Now if InArt offers a dark steed along with their ringwraith.. then it will be such a wonderful time to be alive! 🤘🤘

But I am happy for you that your need is fulfilled by this asmus' Nazgul.
Maybe when InArt's Ringwraith's preorder is out, BBTS will add more discount for asmus' Nazgul so you can grab more and finally complete all 9 of them! :)
Now if InArt offers a dark steed along with their ringwraith.. then it will be such a wonderful time to be alive! 🤘🤘
I'd have to talk myself out of getting nine -
"a man's got to know his limitations" 😁

No doubt nine of these across a shelf would make a spectacular display. But I figure there's collectors who can afford WETA's Master Replica pieces and Master Swords, with beautiful display rooms, and collectors of my ilk who need to talk themselves out of getting a third Nazgul😃 or ruin my plan to have the pair flanking the Twilight King.

A third is tempting tho:banghead

Asmus2Nazgul.jpg

ASMUS did such a good job + the overall creep factor. I still need to futz here and there, but these two are so much fun.

Attachments

• ASMUS_3NazgulA-OPT1.jpg
    ASMUS_3NazgulA-OPT1.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back