Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Backstage Pass - TF Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Backstage Pass

The figures look great in that teaser pic. Sure hope the movie lives up to the expectations!

I do think we will get the whole team but if the movie really, really tanks you think they will still release all of those? Again, I am super exited about this one but stranger things have happened. I know it's a Marvel Studios movie but it's not The Avengers or even Captain America and I bet if Cap had tanked there would be no Falcon figure. That was confirmed after the movie went big, until then it was just a teaser. I hope it kicks a$$ though and the whole team ends up in my display case. I'm really pumped about getting a awesome Gamora figure myself.

Just hoping they do a groot and RR pack together so I may save a little money.

Just hoping they do a groot and RR pack together so I may save a little money.

A two-pack Rocket & Groot would be the obvious thing but I just can't see Hot Toys doing it. Rocket will be the biggest seller from the line so I expect Hot Toys to hopefully pad him out with a decent selection of outfits and accessories and charge as much as possible for him as a single release.

Definitely getting Gamora. I can't believe I was excited to see this reveal lol.

Been crossing my fingers and waiting for any info about figures from this movie so I'm glad they released this pic. I'm in for the whole team.

I'll be getting the set. I'm also hoping There are extra Gamora bodies floating around ebay because I'll need one or two for customs. Same with Nebula if that one ends up getting released. These are going to be a fantastic line of figs. Really hoping the movie is a hit and is good.

So RR comes with two portraits and at least two outfits (although the team outfit isn't shown on the deck but looks to be in the photo). I wonder if it means two bodies. I also wonder if all of the figs will get their individual and team looks. That would be great, but probably way too much to hope for.

Last edited:

A two-pack Rocket & Groot would be the obvious thing but I just can't see Hot Toys doing it. Rocket will be the biggest seller from the line so I expect Hot Toys to hopefully pad him out with a decent selection of outfits and accessories and charge as much as possible for him as a single release.

This is what I suspect, too. Maybe they'll even follow Hasbro and pack him in with the big chest weapon thingy for Star Lord to use.

Very excited for this group....hopefully the film will be good.

Dammit, I will probably end up will all of these.

But I need an unmasked Chris Pratt sculpt!

Man, Probably getting them all if I can pull of the $1K it's going to cost. But I will at least be getting Starlord and Rocket and Groot without question.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines

These guys are going to look great together on a shelf. Such diversity! :D

Agreed! The diversity makes it very very appealing!!

anchorman-diversity.gif

Rocket likely has two head sculpts...there is two pictures on the table (closed mouth and open growl mouth)

Yeah I'd like them to put everything in one box for Rocket. Two sculpts, two guns and two costumes. Charge around 180-190. But I suspect they will try to put out a 2nd separate figure.

Yeah I'd like them to put everything in one box for Rocket. Two sculpts, two guns and two costumes. Charge around 180-190. But I suspect they will try to put out a 2nd separate figure.

that's an awful price for such a small guy.

I think they will stuff rockets box with accessories, or stick him with Groot, they wont do 2 rockets separate I don't think

I could see them doing something similar to the Cap double pack. Make a stand alone Rocket in his orange suit with the neutral sculpt and price it cheap. Then make a combo with the angry sculpt and prison outfit for the higher price

Welp there goes my dream of getting the Prometheus or X-Men figures.

I would STILL buy that Loki though.

Back