Hot Toys - Groot - 1/6 Figure - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that after Endgame, the bar was set pretty high and it was a difficult target to hit for most movies. Guardians 3 really ended on a great note, but as TimespliTT mentioned, it COULD be better, but its still a shining example of how good directing and writing can make any comic book character shine!
Fingers crossed we get more announcements soon!
Every movie could be better tbf.

This one wanted to end on a high note and pulling all of the heartstrings. I think that it succeeded.

I do agree with some previous posts that it could have been edited up some. I found the beginning, in particular, to be a little slow.

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan but I do enjoy the levity of these Guardian films over the other Marvel movies. I haven't seen this one yet, but I was curious to why Groot was so yoked now? I'll wait till this hits Disney+ before I watch it, I seldom go to theaters.

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan but I do enjoy the levity of these Guardian films over the other Marvel movies. I haven't seen this one yet, but I was curious to why Groot was so yoked now? I'll wait till this hits Disney+ before I watch it, I seldom go to theaters.
He’s just more grown-up now. A toddler in Vol. 2, a teenager in Infinity War, and now a young adult. According to James Gunn the original Groot died at the end of the first GOTG and this version of Groot is essentially like the son of the original Groot. It’s not the same original Groot regrown, hence why he looks so different.

And spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler:

He’s just more grown-up now. A toddler in Vol. 2, a teenager in Infinity War, and now a young adult. According to James Gunn the original Groot died at the end of the first GOTG and this version of Groot is essentially like the son of the original Groot. It’s not the same original Groot regrown, hence why he looks so different.

And spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler:
Wait fr? I just thought he regrew himself and just bulked up cause he’s now on a team.

Wow. Don’t know what movie you people all saw but imo it was a dumpster fire. Visually liked like it was made for TV. Story was all over the place. Acting was terrible. Adam Warlock didn’t fit in at all. Terrible imo.

Easily worst of the 3 and I loved the other two. Marvel has clearly gone off the rails.
What a wild take. I mean I do agree that it's the worst of the 3-- but in no way is that an insult, it's an amazing near perfect trilogy.

Thanks for the explanation, I too originally thought that this Groot was the same Groot from the first movie but was just regenerating itself from a sapling. For the aesthetic, I just figured they were intentionally making Groot look more like his voice actor physique.

What a wild take. I mean I do agree that it's the worst of the 3-- but in no way is that an insult, it's an amazing near perfect trilogy.
Bro is a Snyder fan. They hate James Gunn cause he is taking over the dc universe. Silly I know. His “opnion” is pretty much hatred cause his little director is being replaced. It was evident when he said it felt like a tv movie. If I’m wrong well I’m wrong but his take seemed very biased as all hell
Can’t wait for the heel turn when Superman legacy comes out

Last edited:
Back