Hot Toys - Rocket & Cosmo 1/6 Collectible Set - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this rate I’m never gonna own any Guardians figures, even though I really want to. But the problem is there’s always at least one figure from each movie that’s either just not hitting the mark or is missing entirely. I don’t want a partial lineup and I don’t want subpar figures either.
Was really hoping they'd deliver with Vol 3 Rocket. Multiple (new) headsculpts. Lose Cosmo and give us two younger Rockets (baby, older infant).

$280?! (not surprised...)

Add tax and shipping and it is over $300+.

I hope that Hot Toys makes a ton of them and I'll pick it up in a few years from now during Sideshow's "BOGO" sale...

I feel like I’m normally less critical of HT’s pricing than others here, but damn.
I don’t buy the lower run thing, HT (and let’s not forget Sideshow) just seem to be upping the base price quite a bit like the seem to do every so often. For $280, we should at least have gotten a new Rocket sculpt, preferably something more neutral, and his jet pack.

Was really hoping they'd deliver with Vol 3 Rocket. Multiple (new) headsculpts. Lose Cosmo and give us two younger Rockets (baby, older infant).

Especially cause this is like… Rockets movie :lol.

100% A gritting head doesn't even make sense for him with this movie. It's not like Rocket's sculpts take anywhere near as much time to paint as others either, the already created other head should've definitely been included too. But a new more stoic one would've been better to include. The dog is a neat idea but she's also totally static and isn't the most pose for her.

Granted I got it on sale from bbts, but i think I paid less than $280 for the rocket and groot set from the first film.

Haven't seen the movie yet and have lost interest in Marvel movies after Spider-Man NWH and M.O.M so this wasn't really a big deal though I'd watch it out of love for the first I probably feel it will just be disappointing. Though I'm tempted to get Drax and Starlord sucks they never gave us another Drax from his other appearances.

IMG_6183.jpeg

Same thoughts. I would actually be down to have the group from Vol 3 in figure form but this reuse of a 2014 Rocket head + Star Lord also looks to be another reuse of his older sculpt..

Hot Toys laziness really hinders this line and it's a shame with it being done on the Guardians movie that's a send off for this crew.

2a0AXl0.png
Star-Lord is the only one I'm considering on picking up, right now. But only if they make a new headsculpt. The one in the teaser looks like the same old Vol. 2 / Infinity War headsculpt. I have the Vol. 1 figure and I still think that is the best sculpt for Star Lord. The Vol. 2 one might have a slightly better likeness, I think it looks too serious. The first one has a nice smirk.

I don't really like the blue teamsuit though... I liked the red duster/coat from previous versions better.

Looks like there is some articulation in Cosmo after all. I think the legs are swiveled, judging by the feet on the base.

Looks like there is some articulation in Cosmo after all. I think the legs are swiveled, judging by the feet on the base.
Yep, the Sideshow listing mentions "movable head and front legs". So 3 points of articulation.

There is, they listed it in the description:
  • Moveable head and front legs
Beat me to it!

The movie had so much Rocket related stuff that could've been put in as accessories...and they chose Cosmo?

Hot Toys...c'mon.
Ok so yeah Cosmo spent more screen time with other characters.

But as far as Rocket is concerned, what would have been a better accessory than Cosmo?

Back