1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Just resculpting the lower half of a HT head to make the smile makes the whole thing look dumb and creepy.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys ? MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

7442306.jpg

I would not want that even if it was free.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Mainly I wanted everyone to know it’s out there in case the clothing turns out decent, and all they need to add a Yondu to the collection is find a HTs head. Unless this get a major sculpt tweak before it’s made.

This outfit seems like it'd be challenging for a thirty party company to produce. Photos definitely seem like the HT outfit.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys ? MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

That figure being called "Galactic Predator" doesn't do the already creepy head sculpt any favors. :lol

Yondu is still one of my very favorite HT figures. So happy he was released ahead of Vol 2 Gamora and Drax...can't imagine still waiting on him.

It's dumb for a 3P to release a Yondu that isn't knocking off the HT sculpt. That's 99% of the reason people want the figure is because of the sculpt.

Managed to grab a brand new Yondu Deluxe for about ?100 over the original retail price, got incredibly lucky with the price considering what he?s selling for on the secondary market, last few on eBay went for like ?600-750 and some of those where pre-owned, so feeling pretty lucky.

Just one thing for owners of the figure, is your head/neck joint a little loose? Is this normal? Thanks

Managed to grab a brand new Yondu Deluxe for about ?100 over the original retail price, got incredibly lucky with the price considering what he?s selling for on the secondary market, last few on eBay went for like ?600-750 and some of those where pre-owned, so feeling pretty lucky.

Just one thing for owners of the figure, is your head/neck joint a little loose? Is this normal? Thanks

Yeah not overly loose, or "Sideshow floppy" but it is relatively easy to move.

Not really an issue so long as it stays in place.

Hopefully there's a good flashback sequence in either vol.3 or the Holiday Special involving Yondu that makes Hot Toys consider re-releasing this.

Seems "re-release" generally is the talk of the town at the moment.

Fair enough. Everyone has their "one that got away" or it was released before you started collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point HT should start from the beginning and rerelease everything and forget doing anything new :lol

Yeah not overly loose, or "Sideshow floppy" but it is relatively easy to move.

Not really an issue so long as it stays in place.

Thank you that’s good to know, I was probably too accustomed to the stiff/locked in place feel of the diecast Ironman armours I started collecting.

My first thought at seeing this thread revived was "re-release?". :panic:

Yeah sorry about that!

Grail figure finally in the house!
VrWvip5l.jpg
uBlmaN3.jpg

Last edited:

Congrats!

Only a matter of time before this bad boy gets re-released!

Dunno why people would think this one is a contender for a re-release?

He's not Iron Man or Batman. Hell the reissued Iron Mans are still sitting in stock, Yondu would sit even longer. And there is no Guardians 2 hype.

Only hope I could see is if he appears in later movies somehow through multiverse or flashbacks.

Back