1/4 Hot Toys - QS004 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Baby Groot - Hot Toys 1:4

“We are Groot.” Marvel Studios’ blockbuster, Guardians of the Galaxy, has taken the world by storm earlier this year. Groot has become many fans’ favorite character and the special scene of Little Groot dancing to The Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back” has been one of the most memorable and cutest scenes from the movie!

Now Hot Toys is excited to present one of the cutest 1/4 scale collectible you’ll ever see - Little Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy! The movie-accurate Little Groot Collectible features 3 interchangeable head sculpts, special paint application to reflect his distinctive appearance, and movable arms and body to recreate Little Groot’s dancing scene.

This Little Groot collectible will be a great addition to your display that will bring smiles to people!

Fans in Hong Kong can firstly purchase it directly at Hot Toys’ booth (F01-12) in Toy Soul 2014 from Dec 19 – 21. Please visit Hot Toys-Secret Base Facebook Page for details.

The 1/4 scale Little Groot Collectible specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Little Groot in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Three (3) interchangeable head sculpts with movie-accurate facial expressions
- Special paint application reflecting Little Groot’s unique appearance
- Approximately 12 cm tall
- Unique body with movable arms and body

Artists:
- Collectible Sculpted by Joseph Tsang
- Collectible Painted by JC. Hong & Lok Ho
- Collectible Art Directed by JC. Hong

bg.jpg

10363855_10152479627442344_4542122167586979751_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/4 Little Groot Collectible

Hey! Cool, will definitely buy :woo I wish it was 1/1 scale but this is good enough for me. I hope its not like $120+

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

I was under the impression Id be getting this with the rocket/Groot EX pack lol

Not sure why they didn't just make it 1/1. Odd decision to go with 1/4 when it's not going to even be in scale with the figures.

I like it but I really wish it was 1/1. What's the point of making it so small?

Very cool, but very lame that it's < 5 inches tall. Boo.

I was under the impression Id be getting this with the rocket/Groot EX pack lol

Same here. I actually ordered it as soon as I heard it would include one of these.

It looks nice! Great little present for Christmas time.
Would be cool if it's 1:1, but HT probably doesn't have that license to make it. Don't think they ever did life-size stuff

How tall it could be at 1/1 scale...12 inches at the most? Lame HT....lame...

1/4 Scale is just weird. I would totally be up for that in 1/1. It's not that big, anyway.

Yeah this is 4.75" tall and Groot himself is barely half of it. Someone said $260 HKD? Let me see thats......$33.50USD. Well heck that's not terrible. I'd be more likely to buy a 10" tall one for $100, personally. Especially with the flexibility that it appears to have.

Not sure why they didn't just make it 1/1. Odd decision to go with 1/4 when it's not going to even be in scale with the figures.

Probably because they only have the license to do 1/6 and 1/4. Someone else has the 1/1 license.

1/1 would have been an instant-buy. Not sure about 1/4.

Probably because they only have the license to do 1/6 and 1/4. Someone else has the 1/1 license.

T'is a shame. Life-size, and with all of those features? It would've been the Baby Groot to end all Baby Groots.

Ah forgot about that. I believe Marvel is doing their own 1/1 scale of this. It's a shame since Hot Toys looks the best and has the best flexibility.

This will look nice propped up on a desk though.

Marvel could have made a kajillion dollars if they had a 10" tall baby Groot that actually danced to music ready when the movie came out in theaters.

Damn, was hoping this would finally be the Hot Toys item that would get the wife on board with buying them, but at 1/4 scale, whats the point?

Anyone know what the price translates to?

10838275_739779629423981_5707623928017954201_o.jpg

Back