1/4 Hot Toys - QS004 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the little guy today. He's tiny but I still like it--just wish they'd have gone ahead and made a 1:1 scale though.

lil groot 2.JPG

I got Little Groot today and he is absolutely adorable, but less than two minutes out of the box, he was broken:( I tried to adjust the angle of the head (I wasn't even trying to switch the heads) and the ball post snapped off. I am *heartbroken*.

Crazy how long it took this guy to get to SS. I got him from HK first week of January. Port backup was brutal.

It says shipping is $9.83/ea. I ordered two which should be a total shipping price of $19.66 but my invoice says $35.00? That doesn't even make sense!

Mine said the same (I ordered two as well) but when it shipped, the total was much lower.

I got Little Groot today and he is absolutely adorable, but less than two minutes out of the box, he was broken:( I tried to adjust the angle of the head (I wasn't even trying to switch the heads) and the ball post snapped off. I am *heartbroken*.

ouch! sorry to hear that :thud:

Im not really sure what I was thinking when I ordered this. I won't ever get any 1/4 scale guardian stuff other then baby root. It doesn't look right with the 1/6 scale stuff. I don't care that much for baby groot. I got it yesterday it does look nice and exponentially better then the other baby groots that are out. I just don't really care for it.

Got mine today, and I'm surprised this didn't happen to me. I was able to remove the default sculpt, but putting on one of the other two was far to difficult, and I had a feeling something was about to go horribly wrong, so I put the original head back on.

I have to say, I didn't know what to expect, but I'm pleased with it. :)
- Not harsh on the wallet and all in all a nice little piece for us who liked the little guy.

That should not happen, sounds like a faulty joint.. contact your supplier and ask for a replacement.

..and welcome to the forum! :duff

This doesn't make any sense... I called Sideshow to add this to my Gamora order which they said I could still do. However they still want $10.43 shipping which is the same if I add it to the order or not. The rep said it's because Gamora is $10 flat rate shipping. One would think it would be less shipping adding to an order rather then have it shipped separately. Oh well I guess I'll just go the ebay route. Saw a couple on there for $45 w/free expedited shipping.

I decided to order this little guy. Looks really cool and I don't think I'll be getting any of the Guardians so I might as well have this little guy to support my love for the film.

Got this little guy in today and me and my girlfriend love it! He's so adorable and just awesome. Very nicely detailed and can't go wrong for the price. Took a quick pic and a review will be coming soon so stay tune!

Ryan

2rcwhld.jpg

Just got this guy in and tried to swap heads for the first time. He was cute while he lasted. :monkey2

IMG_4579.JPG

Is there a proper way of removing the head then? This can't be right breaking so easily.

I still haven't taken mine out if the box. I want to switch the head when I do but hearing that some are breaking is making me nervous.

He's extremely tiny but the wife loves hers. I was under the impression that this was the same one you got with the set but now reading through this, I'm guessing he is not. Which makes me wonder...do I go ahead and wait list the set, or should I not risk it, and get Rocket and Groot separate.

He's extremely tiny but the wife loves hers. I was under the impression that this was the same one you got with the set but now reading through this, I'm guessing he is not. Which makes me wonder...do I go ahead and wait list the set, or should I not risk it, and get Rocket and Groot separate.

No this is a separate 1/4 scale figure...
I think I read about some conversions lately, but idk if you have a good chance this late :dunno

I preordered mine here in the UK. Thought is was on the expensive side, but now seeing it was VERY expensive. PreOrdered from Direct Collectables a long time ago for £55 ($82)! Now I'm seeing them pop up on Ebay for under £45!

Also, anyone know what this is about: EBAY ITEM Does that mean there's fakes about? This one looks terrible! Also says down the page about Chinese and Japanese versions too.

This one is cheap here in the UK, but I gather it's a fake too - Just look at the eyes! UK EBAY ITEM It just doesn't look detailed enough either.

Also, when you look at the boxes compared to HT, they're awful!

Sorry if this has already been covered - I had a flick through the thread, but couldn't find mention of it.

Back