1/4 Hot Toys - QS004 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this from Ebay from a seller here in the USA. It was $39.90 shipped BIN. The description said he got two, and this one is from overseas. After seeing the post from Anx10us now I am getting weary that this may be a fake. Can anyone tell if it's real or fake?

Ready Hot Toys Guardians of The Galaxy 1 4 Little Groot Collectible Figure NIB | eBay

From what I luckily noticed with other Ebay offerings, I think it's fake. That's just MY opinion though. I think you'll definitely be able to tell once it's in hand.

The clue is by looking at the eyes, but once you have it, you'll see from the detail.

That seller's description is misleading:

"This figure was just delivered and is New in the Box! This was packaged for sale outside the US, but I purchased both the US and the Overseas version and both have the same item number and are almost identical!"

It just doesn't seem to have THIS level of detail. I hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am - the prices are too good to be true.
Don't panic though, as Ebay has a policy on fake items! I'm 99% sure they'll have your back.

Can you please post pictures if it's fake? That way, other people here can see.

-- At least THIS seller is honest!

From what I luckily noticed with other Ebay offerings, I think it's fake. That's just MY opinion though. I think you'll definitely be able to tell once it's in hand.

The clue is by looking at the eyes, but once you have it, you'll see from the detail.

That seller's description is misleading:

"This figure was just delivered and is New in the Box! This was packaged for sale outside the US, but I purchased both the US and the Overseas version and both have the same item number and are almost identical!"

It just doesn't seem to have THIS level of detail. I hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am - the prices are too good to be true.
Don't panic though, as Ebay has a policy on fake items! I'm 99% sure they'll have your back.

Can you please post pictures if it's fake? That way, other people here can see.

-- At least THIS seller is honest!
Thanks I think it's a fake as well. Based on what the description says as you mentioned and I noticed on the pic of back of the box, the barcode is just printed right on there with no white box behind it. All of the legit pics I saw have the white box behind it. Unless they made that change at some point in production possibly.

As far as the description, I noticed the "almost idetical" blurb too. I just thought it meant something to do with maybe the box with some Chinese printing or something. The seller has 100% positive feedback and have 500+ feedbacks. I read the description over and over and it only says it's Hot Toys. I did send him a message asking him if he knows if it's a fake or not. I'll let you know what he says. I said in the message that if it's a fake I do not want it and want a refund. If I get it I'll be able to tell in hand and I will immediately contact the seller for a refund and then I'll file with ebay/paypal when they allow it. I know they say that we have to wait for the sellers for a certain amount of days for them to try to work it out first though.

I'm sure Ebay will cover you and I'm sorry you've been caught out - I VERY NEARLY was too.

I've created a separate thread in the hope some people will see it HERE.

Would you post your findings in there too, to help others?

I'm sure Ebay will cover you and I'm sorry you've been caught out - I VERY NEARLY was too.

I've created a separate thread in the hope some people will see it HERE.

Would you post your findings in there too, to help others?

I know the would cover me but I'd rather not go through the hassle of all that so I canceled it after hearing back from the seller. I believe he did not try and pass on a fake as a legit item on purpose though but I thnk he go ripped off himself. Here's what he said:

"Thank you for your purchase! I purchased Multiple Lil Groot for gifts. I ordered two from Sideshow Collectibles in January with a scheduled delivery date for February. When I did not receive the item I contacted Sideshow and they informed me because of the Longshoreman Strike in Long Beach, California the figures were sitting in a container waiting for the strike to end to be unloaded and delivered. Since I ordered these for gifts and I needed them timely, I reordered one from Overseas to be delivered not through the Port of Long Beach. I ultimately received the Sideshow order and the Overseas order. The boxes and figures were almost identical and has the same part number. The difference I could see was the eyes were smaller on the Overseas version, possible due to ethnicity, and there were were small vines and leaves on the Overseas version similar to Groot growing in the movie. The Overseas seller presented this as authentic and having both versions I would agree. I have no reason to believe it is not authentic. The reason I have an extra to sell is due to the shipping delays and needing the items by a certain date. I hope this helps, please let me know if I should ship or refund this?"

Well, I wouldn't take the chance. HT are very good on quality control and I'm sure he would've noticed a lot more than just the eyes.

No doubt, some people here may not agree, but they look fake to me.

Glad you cancelled before he shipped, and I'd rather not go through the hassle either, just thought it was on it's way to you.

Well, I wouldn't take the chance. HT are very good on quality control and I'm sure he would've noticed a lot more than just the eyes.

No doubt, some people here may not agree, but they look fake to me.

Glad you cancelled before he shipped, and I'd rather not go through the hassle either, just thought it was on it's way to you.
He refunded it right away. He seems like a good seller that got ripped off from a China ebay seller. I just told him to be careful because he's got 100% feedback and if it's a fake and someone gets it they can ruin that for him.

You may want to update your other post and put on there one of the other signs of it being a fake is the barcode on the bottom rear of the box being directly printed on the box on the fake rather then it having a white box around it on the legit one.

Even if it is not a fake, it looks no where near as good as the one from Sideshow. Eyes are a small black dot. Sculpt is soft, green paint seems a bit sloppy and too bright, etc.

Ordered this as part of a Mother's Day gift....looking back at previous pages I almost regret it ha
That''s what I did. I wanted to get it for my wife for Mothers Day. She collects Groot and some other various things. She would love it but no way am I giving her a fake.

By the way looks like you never got to finish your post.

That''s what I did. I wanted to get it for my wife for Mothers Day. She collects Groot and some other various things. She would love it but no way am I giving her a fake.

By the way looks like you never got to finish your post.
Nope...I finished. Hope your wife likes it. My girlfriend collects Ninja Turtles but she has this and a Daryl Dixon coming her way....also for her birthday in December, I picked up Dark World Loki since she loves the character as many women do. Actually .... just popped in my head that i should replace her childhoof Go bot that our 4 year old broke.

It's awesome having a significant other who is into collecting as well, isn't it?

It's awesome having a significant other who is into collecting as well, isn't it?

Not for me! My GF likes them, but my mother actually collects. She's in her 70s! The reason it is no way freaking awesome is because birthdays and Christmas now cost ME a fortune too! :)

Nope...I finished. Hope your wife likes it. My girlfriend collects Ninja Turtles but she has this and a Daryl Dixon coming her way....also for her birthday in December, I picked up Dark World Loki since she loves the character as many women do. Actually .... just popped in my head that i should replace her childhoof Go bot that our 4 year old broke.

Yes it is. :)

Thats an awesome birthday gift by the way. :duff I bet she loved it

Back