1/4 Hot Toys - QS004 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said several times, Marvel could have make a bazillion dollars if they'd had a really good dancing baby Groot ready right when the movie came out. I've seen several people doing them now, but something is wrong with all of them.

Heck if they'd made one like those dashboard solar powered dancing flower things, and sold it for $10-20 they would have sold soooo many of them.

They've said they didn't want to risk spoiling the ending by preparing dancing baby Groot merchandise beforehand and having it leaked. I applaud the studio's decision to defend artistic integrity and keep the scene a surprise instead of moving to capitalize on it to maximize merchandizing profit.

Even James Gunn himself did the mo cap for baby Groot.

They've said they didn't want to risk spoiling the ending by preparing dancing baby Groot merchandise beforehand and having it leaked. I applaud the studio's decision to defend artistic integrity and keep the scene a surprise instead of moving to capitalize on it to maximize merchandizing profit.

Even James Gunn himself did the mo cap for baby Groot.

Yea I saw Gunn reenact it on his Instagram today. It was great. Even Michael Rooker joined in!

I got the processing notice for Little Groot. Looks like he will be billed April 2nd.

Shipping 1/6 Hot Toys figures to me from SSC is around $40 (used to be $25 not so long ago :thud:). But shipping this little figure is around $30. I wanted it, but the total price adds up to too much for what this is, plus it didn't accept this months coupon code. Cancelled, but I'm interested in seeing 'in hand' pics.

If it's still available later, maybe I can bundle it together with another figure to save on shipping costs.

It says shipping is $9.83/ea. I ordered two which should be a total shipping price of $19.66 but my invoice says $35.00? That doesn't even make sense!

Back