1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a rollercoaster of emotions this thread is, and I'm not even getting this figure!
Hot Toys always had issues with their Robocop releases that it borders on OCP levels of stupidity. From the cracking dome of ED-209 in 2009 to repeating the same mistake in 2014 to the wildly inaccurate colors on the V2 Robocop and the poor choice of using brittle plastic to support die cast parts, it's not difficult to see why people are trepidatios, they somehow can find new ways to screw a non Star Wars/DC/Marvel release.

This figure will either FINALLY get it right or will again join the "close but no cigar" of the previous figures.

For sure, and sorry, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I agree though, there isn't any reason why these issues shouldn't be fixed considering the cost and the refinements in manufacturing tech since the release of V1. I admit, I'd be tempted to pick this up if I had spare cash and if the final figure actually turns out to be good.

I just meant in terms of this figure almost getting released, to then discover there is a QC issue and now there's no sign of Robo anywhere!

Hopefully they get it right--but even if they do, the black parts of the suit will still probably be glossy black. I much prefer the more satin finish of the first film.
You raise another good point. The previous version did have black glossy parts and they attract dust like crazy if you don't have it in a detolf or something. Didn't even think about it till i had in hand and just hated it. The battle damaged version had matte finish at least.

The QC can't be clear joints. I mean, that takes time to happen with those. I'm absolutely sure we're getting clear joints again tho. Because why not.

I can't think of a single, solitary reason they'd change anything regarding that. Certainly not a wave of online complaints. Because that generally doesn't change anything, ever.

I do fear the QC issue that paused distribution to the customers is far, far more serious. Otherwise they wouldn't give a crap.

It really doesn't boad well imo and I'm ready to demand my refund based on this, depending on what they give me. This wasn't a cheap figure.

Last edited:
The QC can't be clear joints. I mean, that takes time to happen with those. I'm absolutely sure we're getting clear joints again tho. Because why not.

I can't think of a single, solitary reason they'd change anything regarding that. Certainly not a wave of online complaints. Because that generally doesn't change anything, ever.

I do fear the QC issue that paused distribution to the customers is far, far more serious. Otherwise they wouldn't give a crap.

It really doesn't boad well imo and I'm ready to demand my refund based on this, depending on what they give me. This wasn't a cheap figure.
They would absolutely care. They are a business, not a cartoon supervillain--processing a wave of returns is expensive, and no business wants to do that. It is less expensive to address an issue before hand than it is to deliver items to customers and THEN be forced to address it.

Been eyeballing this for a while. Hopefully this turns out well. Could careless about the rocket pack, my focus is all on da Robo :)

I don’t think they’re a cartoon supervillain, but I do think they don’t care anymore, especially for these miscellaneous licenses. This was a quick cash grab to capitalize on an existing mold to them, nothing more. They cheap out on everything. Box design, art boxes, the materials on the figures.

Hot Toys look good but they aren’t manufactured with quality. Like someone said above, $375-$400 ain’t chump change.

Hot Toys always had issues with their Robocop releases that it borders on OCP levels of stupidity. From the cracking dome of ED-209 in 2009 to repeating the same mistake in 2014 to the wildly inaccurate colors on the V2 Robocop and the poor choice of using brittle plastic to support die cast parts, it's not difficult to see why people are trepidatios, they somehow can find new ways to screw a non Star Wars/DC/Marvel release.

This figure will either FINALLY get it right or will again join the "close but no cigar" of the previous figures.
TBH for me that was part of the appeal back then when I bought into the HT line.

As a new collector my question is, did they get the colour scheme right on the prototype/ in the promo pics? Please let me know thanks :)

As a new collector my question is, did they get the colour scheme right on the prototype/ in the promo pics? Please let me know thanks :)
The promo and convention pics of their V2 release looked terrific, it was only when everyone received their figures that we realized we got ChromoCop: The Future of Glow Enforcement.

They’re curtaining taking their effing time showing off this bloody thing.
I think that’s a typo but it’s hilarious to imagine HT using “curtaining” tactics to hide the alleged QC issues:
0C2A4283-DD93-42E4-AB25-FB832EEBEFBF.jpeg

Back