1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they used the clear plastic socket joints for the shoulders, hips, neck, etc. that would be very very stupid on their part.

Who am I kidding, it’s Hot Toys. Look what they handled poor ED-209.

I swear they do that stuff on purpose too. Give their figures an expiration. Oh your Batman/Terminator/Robocop/Darth Vader is detoriating and falling apart!? Here’s the NEW 6.0 to fix it! You buy now!
So is the clear plastic joint just universally bad? I have several JL Superman figures, which originally had clear plastic sockets for the ankles. One by one, they all started to crack apart until I finally just replaced them all with standard black plastic sockets. Must just be too brittle a material for those joints.

So is the clear plastic joint just universally bad? I have several JL Superman figures, which originally had clear plastic sockets for the ankles. One by one, they all started to crack apart until I finally just replaced them all with standard black plastic sockets. Must just be too brittle a material for those joints.
Clear plastic has a reputation for being brittle, yes. It's a common complaint in the Transformers community.

Yup, the ones used on Robo have cracked before and will eventually fail. Ditto with other HT using clear plastic connectors. The limbs are also partially die cast, which only cause more stress on the joints.

There are also some people with cracked rubber sleeves, although that's far less common.

Yup, the ones used on Robo have cracked before and will eventually fail. Ditto with other HT using clear plastic connectors. The limbs are also partially die cast, which only cause more stress on the joints.

There are also some people with cracked rubber sleeves, although that's far less common.
So do all the HT diecast Iron Man figures also have these plastic joints? Never owned any IM figure. The new IM Mark 3 2.0 will be my very first.

So do all the HT diecast Iron Man figures also have these plastic joints? Never owned any IM figure. The new IM Mark 3 2.0 will be my very first.

Me neither, never owned an IM figure but I PO'ed the MK3 so I don't know if they have that stupid joint. The ones I have for my old Spider-Man, DX Batman ect all eventually broke tough.

Me neither, never owned an IM figure but I PO'ed the MK3 so I don't know if they have that stupid joint. The ones I have for my old Spider-Man, DX Batman ect all eventually broke tough.
That doesn't sound so good brother :( anyone here own any latest IM figure? Does it also have these plastic joints?

Still no photos. Hot Toys really are sticking it to Robocop fans.

On another note, if there are QC issues indeed, notice they only exist for BTTF, Robocop, and such licenses. You won't see prominent QC issues with anything Marvel for example.

I was also thinking, if they are intentionally holding it off and only want to release it when the Inart's Gandalf starts shipping? To take away (if not full) most of the attention?

What's with that brother?
The battle damaged shoulder came out really soft so they pushed the release date back while they fixed it. Then there's the Stark head sculpt recall and exchange program.

The battle damaged shoulder came out really soft so they pushed the release date back while they fixed it. Then there's the Stark head sculpt recall and exchange program.
Thanks for explaining this to me my friend, as a new collector I didn't know about all this stuff.

What exactly it was my friend? Did they mention that as well?
That is all I know from what I was told. I don't think there were any specifics given to exactly what the issue is. I'm sure it will come out eventually what the issue was. But again, don't understand why they didn't catch that in the factory unless they were trying to rush this out to make room for more Disney toys.

That is all I know from what I was told. I don't think there were any specifics given to exactly what the issue is. I'm sure it will come out eventually what the issue was. But again, don't understand why they didn't catch that in the factory unless they were trying to rush this out to make room for more Disney toys.
That's more likely brother. But glad they found that qc issue before shipping. That would have been a mess if they had already shipped it.

Could be as simply as the instructions not being packed in the box, or any other number of issues.

Back