1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know everyone is hyped that they got the colour right, and that's fair enough (personally wish it was more blue like the Robocop it's pretending to be) but given Hot Toys stellar reputation for ***** up the production releases (wrong paint) I'm a bit more hesitant that it'll look like that in-hand.

I mean the original prototype was accurate too.

Absolutely. I'm not hyped till in-hand pics of the final product show the correct colour or at least close to it.

ChromoCop doesn't bother me though. It's honestly not THAT bad so long as you don't shine a torch at it.

Ehhh, I dunno. It's painfully noticeable to me in my own particular lighting conditions.

I bet it’s the same color as the original for the final production piece.

That and the clear plastic sockets. Hot Toys is cheap.

Is the battle-damaged chest (Special Edition bonus) the same mold as the accessory from the old diecast MMS Robocop?

Debating whether to order the Special Edition from SSC or save $70 from elsewhere like Timewalker (free shipping, not tax), and forgo the chest accessory.

I guess the color scheme would be different on the new chest armor compared to the old - i need to dig it out of storage, I have the diecast Robocop and also the 2-Pack with Murphy in the cop outfit.
Yes it’s the same mold but no the old one absolutely will not match the new one because of the paint.

I bet it’s the same color as the original for the final production piece.

That and the clear plastic sockets. Hot Toys is cheap.
It's hard not to be cynical about them after the ED-209 debacle, isn't it. How many years of documentable cases of rubber-rot on the first release did they completely ignore to repeat the same damn mistake on the 2.0. How could they fail to notice literally every discussion about ED-209 become dominated by talk of deterioration and protectant oils. After the reveal of the 2.0 how many pleas for a plastic dome fell on deaf ears. Because Hot Toys knows best.

Looks much better there than in the promo pics, they've really been doing an awful job with those lately. Either poor lighting or bad photoshopping.

I’ve been bringing this up but glad to see others are talking about it.

I keep saying it almost feels like they fired their photographer and someone’s cousin is taking these photos now.

The lighting is flat and terrible and washes out all the details. They look more like government ID or driver’s license photos than product beauty shots.

If this thing is $400+ then I’m passing. Just like I’ve done with the die cast Iron Man figures. At some point it’s just not worth it for for me for a 1/6 scale figure.

On the fence with this one. I'd like a Robocop in my collection, but the 3rd movie was horrible and it doesn't come with a head sculpt.

At least they're using Peter Weller's mouth and the stand doesn't say Robocop 3. I guess it'll depend on price and when it's scheduled to come out.

On the fence with this one. I'd like a Robocop in my collection, but the 3rd movie was horrible and it doesn't come with a head sculpt.

At least they're using Peter Weller's mouth and the stand doesn't say Robocop 3. I guess it'll depend on price and when it's scheduled to come out.

I’m sooooo glad their using Peter Weller’s mouth. He is the one and only true Robocop.

It would suck though if after everyone bought this and he begins to ship, they rerelease a Robocop 1 figure at a cheaper rate because he wouldn’t come with that nonsense jet pack.

I’m also on the fence… I may wait it out for a while and see if they follow up with any additional Robocop announcements.

I’ve been bringing this up but glad to see others are talking about it.

I keep saying it almost feels like they fired their photographer and someone’s cousin is taking these photos now.

The lighting is flat and terrible and washes out all the details. They look more like government ID or driver’s license photos than product beauty shots.
Look at any figure with shiny armour like the black chrome death trooper, its overly photoshopped to get rid of the reflection so you can't even see what the bloody figure actually looks like.

Look at any figure with shiny armour like the black chrome death trooper, its overly photoshopped to get rid of the reflection so you can't even see what the bloody figure actually looks like.

Yeah for sure, they’ve been really bad with every step of the photos over the last several releases.

Really unfortunate and a weird step backwards.

Must just be me because I feel like the paintjob is still lacking in those recent photos. Honestly hard pressed to even tell that this is the newest version going off of these photos. Still seems way too silver. Gonna wait for this to actually release before deciding anything for sure.

296554054_2637450129723541_2860213986381207818_n.jpg

Good to see Robo back but man, that price is a joke.

That’s not going to sell well either. I got the 1/4 QUARTER SCALE Enterbay figure for less than that.

Seriously, what is Hot Toys thinking. I mean in a surprising twist, it’s nice to see Robocop again, but this is 90% reuse, he doesn’t even have the electronics anymore. The last Robocop was even too expensive for what it was. Same with that first A New Hope Darth Vader.

What they should have done is drop the diecast and rubber bits and focus on, I dunno, ACTUALLY MAKING BALL AND SOCKET JOINTS THAT DON’T CRACK AND FALL APART.

The last Robo was a QC nightmare, no reason to believe this one will be any different, just like ED-209. Best thing to do is wait and get it on deep discount, that way you’re not paying $300+ for a dud. Hot Toys aren’t selling out like they used to and you get figures on the cheap with a little patience.

Weird company. Nobody cares about a diecast Robocop. Make it all plastic and durable like the Battle Damaged one, drop the price $100 and I would have bought multiples.
I always hate agreeing with Difabio….it feels dirty but hes 100% correct.

Glad to see the license, but the price….

Like the Obi Vader…..350+

Must just be me because I feel like the paintjob is still lacking in those recent photos. Honestly hard pressed to even tell that this is the newest version going off of these photos. Still seems way too silver. Gonna wait for this to actually release before deciding anything for sure.

296554054_2637450129723541_2860213986381207818_n.jpg

It comes with two guns?

The only downside is that I'll have to destroy the box it comes in since I don't want any evidence around that this figure is from Robocop 3, but I'll know the truth every time I look at myself in the mirror. How long will I be able to lie to myself? Will it consume me? I'll cry in the shower like a real man and tell myself that my doll is from the first film. Maybe I'll put the DVD next to the figure or something.

N9IM1UT.gif

When someone comes to my place and sees my fake Robocop 1 doll on display next to the DVD.

Friend -"Cool Robocop figure. I love that film!!" :)

"Yeah, it's from the 1987 Robocop film starring Peter Weller, not the sequels." 😉👍

Friend - Oh yeah, the sequels, I didn't mind those, except for the silly jetpack in one of them. Do you remember that?😄

Ha! 😬 I wouldn't know about that, because MY figure is from the first film....🥺 As you can clearly see if you look closely at the likeness of the mouth. Peter Weller.😣

Friend - "Right, anyway, does this figure come with any other accessories beside the Auto 9 gun?

Th...the...they're in the..🤢...box...🤮

Last edited:
Back