1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know everything is way more expensive than 10 years ago.
The previous release was what 220-230$?
Honestly I was expecting 280-300$ but not 430-450… 🙁
I remember I paid $300 CAN for my Battle Damaged Robocop. I then went and purchased the HS with mouth plates from the regular version on ebay. Very happy with my decision!
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this more accurate to Robocop 1 than the original Hot Toys release? What are the differences between Robocop 1 and 3?

Is this more accurate to Robocop 1 than the original Hot Toys release? What are the differences between Robocop 1 and 3?
Robocop 1 release was all silver. It lacked the blue and purple hues of the screen. Robocop 3 didn't have Peter Weller as Murphy, Robert John Burke stepped into the role. While this release looks to have no (Weller) Murphy head sculpt for the mentioned reasons, it does appear to have, or reuse, Peter Weller's swap in mouth plates and does have the correct paint scheme. In essence, minus the Weller sculpt, it's a proper Robocop as seen on screen.

I was excited for a minute knowing the price was going to be a bit steep. Once the price was actually posted the excitement died. No way they would have sold this without the jetpack. I would never use it. I've never seen Robocop 3. To my shame I did see the series...well some of it. I don't think I'm jumping on this.

I'm happy with my plastic one.
:)View attachment 591395

Here is a comparison pic of the Diecast MMS202D04 and the original plastic MMS10.

609_robocop.jpg

The one shown in the first pic, looks like a custom repainted MMS202D04. The plastic MMS10 had a rubber torso and non articulated hands.

OSK includes shipping on all prices, so I don't know what the cost would be from sideshow once / if they carry it. Wait until you see other retailers prices, I guess.

I had (still have) the plastic one with the god-awful head sculpt. Haven't seen that since the Peter Weller likeness was approved and don't think I ever displayed the old one longer than a month XD

Good to see Robo back but man, that price is a joke.

That’s not going to sell well either. I got the 1/4 QUARTER SCALE Enterbay figure for less than that.

Seriously, what is Hot Toys thinking. I mean in a surprising twist, it’s nice to see Robocop again, but this is 90% reuse, he doesn’t even have the electronics anymore. The last Robocop was even too expensive for what it was. Same with that first A New Hope Darth Vader.

What they should have done is drop the diecast and rubber bits and focus on, I dunno, ACTUALLY MAKING BALL AND SOCKET JOINTS THAT DON’T CRACK AND FALL APART.

The last Robo was a QC nightmare, no reason to believe this one will be any different, just like ED-209. Best thing to do is wait and get it on deep discount, that way you’re not paying $300+ for a dud. Hot Toys aren’t selling out like they used to and you get figures on the cheap with a little patience.

Weird company. Nobody cares about a diecast Robocop. Make it all plastic and durable like the Battle Damaged one, drop the price $100 and I would have bought multiples.

Yeah, that's one thing about the EB one, it still holds up great. I actually kept it and even the electronics work, have never changed batteries.

To me, best Robo ever made behind the BD one that HT did.

Darn, at that price I'd have to pass. Already bought two figures of the previous release plus the two pack Murphy and Battle Damage set and I think that asking price is a bit too much considering the potential joint and body issues down the line.

That said if this is your first Robo I'd say get it without hesitation, there's really not much to complain here and you get the upgraded paint without paying the current market price for the figure.

Back