1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b7596fadaa2d888917dde0cac69c75fb.jpg

On one hand: Immediate devaluation of the original release (though I still think the "bright" silver looks fine under less harsh lights)
On the other: a Robocop 2 version of Weller is a bit of a win.

Torn whether to buy it or not given I have the original, the battle damaged and the Peter Weller/Murphy (in uniform) ones.

I'll probably get it though. Damn it.

Well displaying without the jetpack etc is basically a Robocop 2 release. I'm getting this to go with the other Robo releases.

@chrisstbh I know what you mean. There's kinda too many blue/purple accents and not enough green patches for R1/R3 and it's not blue enough for R2. It's still a vast improvement over the first diecast though. I wish it was a 1/4 scale as well.

Well, it's another Robocop in a market that has been fairly saturated by Robocops over the last 10 years....but holy hot damn that looks beautiful. Gorgeous prototype pics. What would the final figure look like is the question. Will it actually turn out to be another chromo-cop. Will they have addressed the joints issues that have since materialized with the MMS202. Quite possibly not. Complaints about ED-209's rubber were far more commonplace and yet they did nothing about that when it came to the 2.0.

Very interesting.
Yeah, it looks great, but the original one also looked fing amazing. Then we got Chromocop.

Having said that, if the paint is this good, easy buy.

As someone who missed out on the other Robocop releases I may have to get this. Yeah, it’s not the best film but the overall look (other than color) is pretty similar.

I'll get this one also I guess. Bunch of good reveals this week for HT.

Yeah, it looks great, but the original one also looked fing amazing. Then we got Chromocop.

Having said that, if the paint is this good, easy buy.
Who knows if it counts for anything but here's what the specs for the MMS202 said about merely the colour of the armour

The movie-accurate RoboCop Collectible Figure is highly-detailed. It features a new sculpted body, black, light grey and silver armor

compared to what it says in the specs for this new one more specifically about the paint

specially applied iridescent colored painting in purplish blue scheme

Man if only they had also included the battle-damaged helmet with exposed eye, I’d change out my current Robocop figure for this newly-painted one. I bet the paint apps on the skin will be improved too (original skintone looked like he had a heavy tan).

Back