1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to trash the fact that there is open pegs on his back, but noticed the tray of 3 rounds pieces to cover them. Nice.

The fact they prioritized this for a quick release means a Venom 2 version is coming. Been waiting to see if he ends up with the spider emblem or not. Probably is if they didn’t make this figure wait the typical 2+ year wait to release.

How does it mean that? It just means they are being smart and getting it released in time for the movie opening for once. Sony will most likely make a crossover movie with Spider-man in the next couple of years. Either Venom 3 or Spider-man 4. And in that movie the Symbiote will bond with Peter and then go back to Eddie, and he will get the Spider symbol.

Even if Spider-man appears in Let There Be Carnage, it will only be a cameo. What are they gonna do? Have it bond with Spidey for 20 seconds and then run back to Eddie? If they didn't give a crap about how he gets the spider symbol in the movies, they would have just given it to him in the first movie. There will clearly be a proper crossover at some point. But i don't see any logical way that Venom 2 will be it.

How does it mean that? It just means they are being smart and getting it released in time for the movie opening for once. Sony will most likely make a crossover movie with Spider-man in the next couple of years. Either Venom 3 or Spider-man 4. And in that movie the Symbiote will bond with Peter and then go back to Eddie, and he will get the Spider symbol.

Even if Spider-man appears in Let There Be Carnage, it will only be a cameo. What are they gonna do? Have it bond with Spidey for 20 seconds and then run back to Eddie? If they didn't give a crap about how he gets the spider symbol in the movies, they would have just given it to him in the first movie. There will clearly be a proper crossover at some point. But i don't see any logical way that Venom 2 will be it.
Don't ever underestimated the stupidity of Sony and Avi Arad.

The fact they prioritized this for a quick release means a Venom 2 version is coming. Been waiting to see if he ends up with the spider emblem or not. Probably is if they didn’t make this figure wait the typical 2+ year wait to release.
I agree and also think they tried that weird vinyl venom a couple of years back as a bit of a test for this figure.

Kickass as that Venom is, he still looks like a literal toy while the Iron Boy Jr. in front of him looks marginally more lifelike, even in that pose.

To be fair, it looks about as lifelike as the CGI cartoon character in the movie.

At no point does Venom ever appear onscreen to be in any way "real" or physical as anything other than just a rubbery cartoon that clearly isn't actual on the movie set. CGI characters look as "lifelike" as Roger Rabbit. At least the toy is a real physical object with weight that reflect light and cast shadows.

To be fair, it looks about as lifelike as the CGI cartoon character in the movie.

At no point does Venom ever appear onscreen to be in any way "real" or physical as anything other than just a rubbery cartoon that clearly isn't actual on the movie set. CGI characters look as "lifelike" as Roger Rabbit. At least the toy is a real physical object with weight that reflect light and cast shadows.
You're right in that regard, but I guess I just can't get over it. I don't see it as being worth near half a grand. Characters like Venom, Hulk and the such just look like actual toys. Maybe it's because I got into this scale/line because I liked the lifelike sculpts and soft-goods clothing but they do nothing for me. Obviously they look better than the cheaper versions which are just plastic, but it just goes to show that you can't make them completely lifelike and hide their toy-ness, like you can do with the human characters. The armoured ones don't have that problem, but these big "fleshy" ones just come off as not being worth it unless you're an uberfan of the character. TBH, I prefer the more clothed figures in general. The more tailoring the better.

It still looks great, and it's as accurate to the movie as it gets, it's by no means a bad execution. I'm just glad I'm not enough of a Venom (or Hulk, since it's a similar case) fan to feel the need to buy such a figure. However I'm enough of an F4 fan that I'll want them all (assumming good casting) so I hope their Thing will come off as more lifelike. The real trick will be if they ever attempt a Dragon Man and I feel the need to get him for my FF display. That'll always look like a toy and cost a ton as well. But there's no chance of that happening, so I'm good. I wonder about an Annihilus though...

I am curious to see how Carnage will turn out, if they make him. He's typically more slender so maybe the shoulders won't stick out as much compared to the torso and he could potentially look more immersive.

Last edited:

Your forgot to say your opinion.

a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.gif

You're right in that regard, but I guess I just can't get over it. I don't see it as being worth near half a grand. Characters like Venom, Hulk and the such just look like actual toys. Maybe it's because I got into this scale/line because I liked the lifelike sculpts and soft-goods clothing but they do nothing for me. Obviously they look better than the cheaper versions which are just plastic, but it just goes to show that you can't make them completely lifelike and hide their toy-ness, like you can do with the human characters. The armoured ones don't have that problem, but these big "fleshy" ones just come off as not being worth it unless you're an uberfan of the character. TBH, I prefer the more clothed figures in general. The more tailoring the better.

It still looks great, and it's as accurate to the movie as it gets, it's by no means a bad execution. I'm just glad I'm not enough of a Venom (or Hulk, since it's a similar case) fan to feel the need to buy such a figure. However I'm enough of an F4 fan that I'll want them all (assumming good casting) so I hope their Thing will come off as more lifelike. The real trick will be if they ever attempt a Dragon Man and I feel the need to get him for my FF display. That'll always look like a toy and cost a ton as well. But there's no chance of that happening, so I'm good. I wonder about an Annihilus though...

I am curious to see how Carnage will turn out, if they make him. He's typically more slender so maybe the shoulders won't stick out as much compared to the torso and he could potentially look more immersive.
He looked a little weird in that shot because his arms were straight down, when you actually pose them in a more life-like stance he looks AMAZING, as does the Hulk. The Avengers Hulk is one of the standouts in my collection, as Venom will most certainly be too. He does not look anymore of a toy than the others do.

I don't know how anyone can say anything negative about this figure, it looks absolutley stunning. It's going to look beautiful on the shelf in my Spider-man collection.

He looked a little weird in that shot because his arms were straight down, when you actually pose them in a more life-like stance he looks AMAZING, as does the Hulk. The Avengers Hulk is one of the standouts in my collection, as Venom will most certainly be too. He does not look anymore of a toy than the others do.

I don't know how anyone can say anything negative about this figure, it looks absolutley stunning. It's going to look beautiful on the shelf in my Spider-man collection.
It still looks too much like a toy to me. The shoulders just ruin it. Even in those posed pics from a few pages back he looks off. I guess I'm just a fan of the clothed human figures. Too much plastic/vinyl ruins the illusion for me.

I'm mostly here to see how he turned out because I was debating a Carnage, as I prefer him on a purely aesthetical basis; I'm not looking to rain on anyone's parade. But with what I see, I'll be passing on one, even if they make him. Still, I'm glad for anyone who was excited for it and finds it to their satisfaction. Being dissapointed with a figure you were looking forward to is sometimes worse than not even getting it in the first place.

I like my big baby Gladiator Hulk. I think King Shark will look great next to other figures too. Others don't mind, but I just hate the white veins. It is like he has been eating too many marshmallows. :lol

I like my Venom with a spider symbol and the black like a black hole. They could have had a touch of blue or blue highlighting in scenes to contrast the black with a black background. He had veins here too, but they blend well with the black.

4bba1ed59ce27dfbd2b6793961fdc251.jpg

Back