1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Needle nose pliers, or what worked for me before is sticking a pin in and just jimmying it out :)

Absolutely no need to cut anything :panic:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Yeah, a small screw. You might want to dip the forearm into some really hot water for 20 seconds before trying to pull it out. It will soften the plastic and make it easier to pull out.

I just had a closer look at my Yondu and found this stitching on the arm. Almost freaked out !! Some reviews don't have it so prominently. i.e can slip around and be hidden a bit depending on the jacket and undergarment position.

I guess his jacket and clothing are a sort of patched together look anway.

IMG_5226.jpg

So I was able to get the peg out. Just bored a little hole into the center of it and screwed in a small screw, the used the pliers to yank it out. After putting the new peg in, it seems the socket on the arm is a bit small because the new peg sits in there pretty tight, tighter than usual. Eh, whatever though. I don’t plan on taking it out, and if it does break, worst case scenario I’ll just perform the same procedure again. :lol

DF592284-D722-4FB4-80A7-3EFDDF76DF57.jpg

tumblr_oshalqIK2K1rag7yao2_540.gif

Glad it worked easy. Maybe lube those pegs. :lol

Nice picture!

I have an order at BBTS... I hope its not another 2-3 months before I too can see this magnificent beast. No imminent arrival notice yet.

Thanks! :duff

I did actually lube it. I put some soap on the plug of the ball joint, but it had minimal effect. Went in far enough though. He looks great in hand, requires very minimal futzing really. I would just be careful with the straps on the coat that hold his knife on the left wrist. They feel a little flimsy and the knife requires a little force to slide in. He overall feels pretty sturdy though.

I don’t have any of the GotG v2 figures, but I would say he’s overall a better figure than any of the v1 figures, narrowly edging out Gamora. So that makes him the best GotG figure in my collection.

Thanks! :duff

I did actually lube it. I put some soap on the plug of the ball joint, but it had minimal effect. Went in far enough though. He looks great in hand, requires very minimal futzing really. I would just be careful with the straps on the coat that hold his knife on the left wrist. They feel a little flimsy and the knife requires a little force to slide in. He overall feels pretty sturdy though.

I don’t have any of the GotG v2 figures, but I would say he’s overall a better figure than any of the v1 figures, narrowly edging out Gamora. So that makes him the best GotG figure in my collection.

Too much detail not to beat out the entire GOTG v1 line. This figure beats out a whole lot of movie characters and HT figures.

Yondu with the rest of the GotG:

2FCAB1FF-6523-4E8D-9FBC-5B456D7738B3.jpg

Isn't it kinda redundant having starlord and yondu holding the orb?

No, because Yondu is holding a troll.

Looks like the regular is completely SOLD OUT on Sideshow, DX is still on wait list, but I don't see that lasting very long...

'Daddy' turned up this morning ahead of schedule...not bad considering he left Sideshow on Wednesday. Looking forward to displaying him.

So I was able to get the peg out. Just bored a little hole into the center of it and screwed in a small screw, the used the pliers to yank it out. After putting the new peg in, it seems the socket on the arm is a bit small because the new peg sits in there pretty tight, tighter than usual. Eh, whatever though. I don’t plan on taking it out, and if it does break, worst case scenario I’ll just perform the same procedure again. :lol

View attachment 415349

tumblr_oshalqIK2K1rag7yao2_540.gif

That’s one of the greatest shots ever!

He's finally here! So worth the wait. Love the overall look, though the arrow effect takes a bit of finagling. Once you get it just right though it looks splendid! The coat is also surprisingly posable, making for some great looks. Definitely a stand out in the collection!
20180629_222857.jpg

Back