ZSJL “Knightmare” League - assembling the team

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm no. He didn’t complete his movie till 2020 when they gave the ok for him to release it. He was just using us to gain traction.

Can we not set ourselves up for disappointment?

Ummm no. He didn’t complete his movie till 2020 when they gave the ok for him to release it. He was just using us to gain traction.

Can we not set ourselves up for disappointment?

Hey if we don't get it will anyone actually be surprised? I won't. But I find it noteworthy that he keeps referencing the grail myth. He definitely did use that for ZSJL. He is fostering hope when he posts something like that reference to Excalibur. I really doubt that he does things like place Final Crisis (of all things) behind the Thanksgiving turkey, and again references that grail myth in connection to ZSJL, just to string his fandom along endlessly. But we'll find out before long. We'll know on about May or June if there's anything coming or whether JL 2 and 3 is really and truly dead because Discovery backs WB's position on all this. It may very well go that way. But I don't think Zack Snyder is a narissistic sociopath that's just stringing fans along at this point. Everyone that knows him seems to vouche for his character that he is genuinely a good person, a good soul.

Why do I get the feeling that making a sequel to ZSJL is the last thing on the mind of ANYONE involved with this multi-billion dollar corporate merger…

Why do I get the feeling that making a sequel to ZSJL is the last thing on the mind of ANYONE involved with this multi-billion dollar corporate merger…

We have no idea what they’re thinking. But…

There’s indications that ZSJL performed extremely well. We really don’t know how well. It might have been exceptionally well. Clearly anything WB hints about it having mediocre performance can’t be trusted. The company that was hired to create a social media strategy—mind you, with ZSJL getting zero promotion from WB!—said it did phenomenally well. On a side note I actually don‘t know what to believe about Peacemaker because companies do lie about these sorts of things all the time. But Discovery does have the actual numbers. There’s clearly a strong and extremely loyal fan base out there for Zack Snyder. The market for completion of JL 2 and 3 is well established. The DC fandom is definitely divided and that can be substantially healed by simply including JL 2 and 3 among the other many offerings within the DC multiverse. There would be tremendous hype for it it they announce it. Snyder haters are always going to hate, so that is never going away. But if we do get JL 2 and 3 at least we don’t have Snyder fans ******** all over the other non-Snyder DC films in resentment anywhere nearly as much.

We have no idea what they’re thinking. But…

There’s indications that ZSJL performed extremely well. We really don’t know how well. It might have been exceptionally well. Clearly anything WB hints about it having mediocre performance can’t be trusted. The company that was hired to create a social media strategy—mind you, with ZSJL getting zero promotion from WB!—said it did phenomenally well. On a side note I actually don‘t know what to believe about Peacemaker because companies do lie about these sorts of things all the time. But Discovery does have the actual numbers. There’s clearly a strong and extremely loyal fan base out there for Zack Snyder. The market for completion of JL 2 and 3 is well established. The DC fandom is definitely divided and that can be substantially healed by simply including JL 2 and 3 among the other many offerings within the DC multiverse. There would be tremendous hype for it it they announce it. Snyder haters are always going to hate, so that is never going away. But if we do get JL 2 and 3 at least we don’t have Snyder fans ******** all over the other non-Snyder DC films in resentment anywhere nearly as much.
Yep…I get this…but sometimes we have to consider that we are in our own echo chamber and that none of this is really resonating on a macro level with this company that is buying this other company. They may simply be thinking about owning this other huge corporate entity and simply allowing whatever long range plans are already in place to unfold and line their pockets whenever they yield results.

Isn't the rumor that The Flash is pretty much setting up a new timeline and Affleck and Cavill are completely out. None of Snyder's stuff will "exist" in the new continuity.

Think it's time to stop holding on.

I'm actually fine with it if there's no more Snyder DC movies. I love his stuff, and it'd be great to see Cavill, Affleck and the rest finish their character arcs. And it sure would be interesting to see Affleck and Leto duke it out.
It could be pretty interesting to see a movie in two separate timelines, like the Godfather Part 2, where you have the story of Vito Corleone's arrival in America and Michael's fall intertwined. So we'd have the future timeline with Batman and his ragtag team trying to find a way to revert what happened while hiding from Superman, and on the other hand we'd have the present timeline inexorably leading to the death of Lois, and the fall of Superman.
It could be pretty cool if both stories rushed to the climax where present and future converge.

Isn't the rumor that The Flash is pretty much setting up a new timeline and Affleck and Cavill are completely out. None of Snyder's stuff will "exist" in the new continuity.

Think it's time to stop holding on.

The new universe that the Flash is setting up does indeed ”erase” certain aspects that were established by Snyder’s films. But only in that universe.

We need to understand what a multiverse is. The Flash movie will make this clear: The concept of a multiverse is that there are infinite possible futures fanning out from every moment in time. Each becomes it’s own universe. There are infinite multiple parallel timelines. Everything that could possibly exist does indeed exist somewhere in the multiverse.

MoS, BvS, and ZSJL exist in a discreet universe. That will continue in JL 2 and 3. It has nothing to do with the other continuities.

The MCU is currently exploring the same concept, essentially.

The al iglesias coat takes this figure to another level! It’s a absolute beast

Attachments

• 9EE16AF1-40AF-46F2-A75A-B6237C0BF2A0.jpeg
    9EE16AF1-40AF-46F2-A75A-B6237C0BF2A0.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 29
  • A7E37B5A-0F86-4706-BD2D-576A385082CE.jpeg
    A7E37B5A-0F86-4706-BD2D-576A385082CE.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 32
  • C11B8256-B4F8-41BD-8532-AC60F445FE5F.jpeg
    C11B8256-B4F8-41BD-8532-AC60F445FE5F.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 32
If you don’t have the al iglesias coat it’s a significant improvement over stock 😉
I had the one sixth kit one-it was the worst/stock was better than that. Daftoys was okay but al iglesias is pure fire

There’s a “scooper” -ish rumor (i.e., someone that knows industry insiders claiming what he’s hearing) recently circulating that Discovery will announce on March 18 (they officially assume control of WB March 17) that Snyder will return to make ZSJL 2 and 3 as a tv series for HBO Max. March 18 is the anniversary of ZSJL‘s release last year. Obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, although Snyder did originally pitch ZSJL as a HBO Max series, with the Tom Waits “Time” mother box trailer intended as the intro for the series. That’s why ZSJL was edited into six chapters. At the end of the day they went with the feature film release instead because paying all the actors and crew twice was a dealbreaker.

Also, Clay Stab, assistant director for ZSJL, posted this on 2/14:

Last edited:
I really hope Hot Toys adds the brown cloak for Cyborg. Such a simple thing to do. Not expecting it, though. And if not I’ve little doubt that there’ll be a third party version of it, e.g., Unreal Customs, Jaxon, One Sixth Kit, Daftoys, etc.

Back