ZSJL “Knightmare” League - assembling the team

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm being real, I'd prefer the the regular version of Slade, but if I'm still being real, I would totally buy both.

Yeah, I'm just saying if they only make one or the other. Again, for the purpose of completing the set. But for sure, actually the slick looking one on the yacht is cooler looking.

I hear ya. I'm hoping they end up doing both. I know the suits aren't exactly the same, but I wouldn't complain about a simple repaint.

Clay Staub tweeted this yesterday. Concept art for JL2, evidently.

I’m assuming top right and bottom left are both Flash, bottom row third from left is Diana (versus Mera).

Joker wearing some sort of armor, apparently.

I hope Hot Toys gives us the brown cloak for Cyborg. If not it should be easy enough to find something to represent it on eBay. Also, there will be third party companies that’ll probably make a version of it I’d imagine.

And of course John Stewart!

Last edited:
I hear ya. I'm hoping they end up doing both. I know the suits aren't exactly the same, but I wouldn't complain about a simple repaint.

I dunno, in one pic that Zack had posted, which is also what we saw him wearing in the movie, Knightmare Deathstroke is mainly wearing military fatigues plus a bit of armor and he’s sporting a mohawk. And there’s also the heavily weathered concept suit with unpainted metal plates that went on display at the museum in Texas which is a full suit. Both are completely different from the clean classic modular orange and blue suit he’s wearing on Luthor’s yacht.

Some new fan created (I assume) artwork for the “Knightmare League.” Really neat. Makes me hype to assemble the team.

2BBBC441-AF35-4C49-ABD0-1AEAC3861236.jpeg

93931E7C-0714-42F2-AEC4-9D9CB0D8316A.jpeg

I've been out of the info loop for about a month or more. Anything new on this ? When it was clear Affleck was saying he was out, I lost faith quite a bit.

Not a fan of the Flash movie at the moment either. Maybe I need to get back on the horse ?

I've been out of the info loop for about a month or more. Anything new on this ? When it was clear Affleck was saying he was out, I lost faith quite a bit.

Not a fan of the Flash movie at the moment either. Maybe I need to get back on the horse ?

Okay, here's my fantasy about this:

I firmly believe that IF (!) Discovery brings Zack back to complete JL 2 and 3 Ben would agree to return for one last film wearing the suit. I do believe that the best storytelling would be to kill Batman off at the end of JL2. The Knightmare future is experienced but they find a way to go back and prevent it.

JL3 would be an all-out glorious comic book-y superhero extravaganza pulling out all the stops when the Apololiptians return with Darkseid's family leading them, to avenge his death and to try to capture the anti-life equation that Darkseid let slip through his fingers. This would be the ultimate world war. On the Apokoliptian side some of the villains we might see could include:

Granny Goodness
Desaad
Kalibak
Lashina
Mantis
Amazing Grace
Glorious Godfrey
Knockout
Doctor Bedlam
The Furies

JL3 would draw some inspiration from Flashpoint: Paradox in terms of strange partnerships, which we will have already seen in JL 2 but here it gets developed more. Because here human villains will be forced to join forces with the JL in order to save the planet. Defending earth will be:

fully realized Superman that Henry Cavill always wanted to play
rest of the League minus Batman but probably Carrie Kelly carrying the mantle of the Bat
Ryan Choi's Atom
Harry Lennix's Martian Manhunter
Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke
Jared Leto's Joker
Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn
Will Smith's Deadshot
Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor in his purple and green mech suit
Amazons
Atlanteans
Thangarians
Lanterns

And I would imagine that we'd see also see from New Genesis Orion, Big Barda, Lightray, Black Racer, and so on.

Whereas MoS and BvS deconstructed superhero mythology Watchmen style, the final chapter, JL 3, is unabashedly full comic book and exalts in super powers and the fantastic. A love letter to everything fantastic and idealistic about comics.

What we would actually get God only knows. But that's what I'd love to see.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my fantasy about this:

I firmly believe that IF (!) Discovery brings Zack back to complete JL 2 and 3 Ben would agree to return for one last film wearing the suit. I do believe that the best storytelling would be to kill Batman off at the end of JL2. The Knightmare future is experienced but they find a way to go back and prevent it.

JL3 would be an all-out glorious comic book-y superhero extravaganza pulling out all the stops when the Apololiptians return with Darkseid's family leading them, to avenge his death and to try to capture the anti-life equation that Darkseid let slip through his fingers. This would be the ultimate world war. On the Apokoliptian side some of the villains we might see could include:

Granny Goodness
Desaad
Kalibak
Lashina
Mantis
Amazing Grace
Glorious Godfrey
Knockout
Doctor Bedlam
The Furies

JL3 would draw some inspiration from Flashpoint: Paradox in terms of strange partnerships, which we will have already seen in JL 2 but here it gets developed more. Because here human villains will be forced to join forces with the JL in order to save the planet. Defending earth will be:

fully realized Superman that Henry Cavill always wanted to play
rest of the League minus Batman but probably Carrie Kelly carrying the mantle of the Bat
Ryan Choi's Atom
Harry Lennix's Martian Manhunter
Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke
Jared Leto's Joker
Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn
Will Smith's Deadshot
Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor in his purple and green mech suit
Amazons
Atlanteans
Thangarians
Lanterns

And I would imagine that we'd see also see from New Genesis Orion, Big Barda, Lightray, Black Racer, and so on.

Whereas MoS and BvS deconstructed superhero mythology Watchmen style, the final chapter, JL 3, is unabashedly full comic book and exalts in super powers and the fantastic. A love letter to everything fantastic and idealistic about comics.

What we would actually get God only knows. But that's what I'd love to see.
Yep, that would be very cool. So OK it still hinges on Discovery and Zaslav this summer and the changes he could/should make to exec management etc.

I too agree Batfleck would put on the suit one least time for Zack to complete the arc. However only if the few execs are gone who created all the crap originally, however that is also a condition that I heard Zack has before going back.

I guess all eyes on the Flash movie and it's success or failure.

This would all be awesome! Unfortunately, we will not be seeing anymore Justice League movies from Zack Snyder any time soon…I can’t speak for twenty years from now, but nothing is happening on that front any time soon, but more likely, ever.

I appreciated this VERO post from Snyder on 2/14. He’s had an Arthurian legend theme going on with this since the beginning. I recall when he posted the series of cryptic Arthurian knights images on Christmas Day 2019 (?) prior to the announcement (to the shock of many) in the following year that completion and release of ZSJL was actually green lit by AT&T.

201C591A-DDE1-4B18-B63D-3E6DACFD235A.jpeg

This would all be awesome! Unfortunately, we will not be seeing anymore Justice League movies from Zack Snyder any time soon…I can’t speak for twenty years from now, but nothing is happening on that front any time soon, but more likely, ever.
I always marvel at how some people can write with such authority, when they have no more idea on the topic that any one else. :lol

I always marvel at how some people can write with such authority, when they have no more idea on the topic that any one else. :lol
Yep…comes from a lifetime of…well…common sense…amazing how much authority that one little thing can allow you to command! :lol

Yep…comes from a lifetime of…well…common sense…amazing how much authority that one little thing can allow you to command! :lol
Well "common sense" a couple of years ago would have said we'd never get the Snyder Cut, but yet here we are......

Well "common sense" a couple of years ago would have said we'd never get the Snyder Cut, but yet here we are......
Hey, don’t get me wrong…I hope that you are right and that I end up being one hundred percent wrong! Sadly I don’t think it will work out that way though.

I’m surprised one of the third party companies haven’t made a Deathstroke yet.

Soosoo has indicated that they will but they're still deciding whether they're going to make the version on Luthor's yacht or the Knightmare future one. The thread on it at Soosoo Fans FB page is roughly evenly split, although I think slightly favoring the Knightmare one.

57273200-4FFA-4CC5-B50C-BD25EF6CC779.jpeg

Last edited:
Soosoo has indicated that they will but they're still deciding whether they're going to make the version on Luthor's yacht or the Knightmare future one. The thread on it at Soosoo Fans FB page is roughly evenly split, although I think slightly favoring the Knightmare one.
I would probably prefer the one from Luthor’s yacht personally.

Back