ZSJL “Knightmare” League - assembling the team

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a “scooper” -ish rumor (i.e., someone that knows industry insiders claiming what he’s hearing) recently circulating that Discovery will announce on March 18 (they officially assume control of WB March 17) that Snyder will return to make ZSJL 2 and 3 as a tv series for HBO Max. March 18 is the anniversary of ZSJL‘s release last year. Obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, although Snyder did originally pitch ZSJL as a HBO Max series, with the Tom Waits “Time” mother box trailer intended as the intro for the series. That’s why ZSJL was edited into six chapters. At the end of the day they went with the feature film release instead because paying all the actors and crew twice was a dealbreaker.

Also, Clay Stab, assistant director for ZSJL, posted this on 2/14:

Personally I doubt they would announce it that quick after the merger. But if it is true and happens it'll seriously break the internet !!!

Rumor has it that after the Discovery merger on the 17th, the new guy in charge will be announcing the release of “Batman Triumphant” starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Marlon Wayans as Robin to be immediately followed by the announcement of “Superman Lives,” directed by Tim Burton and starring Nic Cage as Superman.
I’ve also heard reports that they will have two more big announcements the following week…”Justice League: Mortal” directed by the great George Miller and Wolfgang Petersen’s epic - “Batman Vs Superman!” Not to be confused with Zack Snyder’s “Batman V Superman.”
Once this merger is complete all of our dreams and hopes of the last thirty years will be made a glorious reality!

02.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg
10.jpg

OK all, seems there is a massive global Twitter trend event for #RestoreTheSnyderverse this week on the 18th March.

As many of you may know the merger of Discovery and Warner Bros Media is moving along and will soon be in place. David Zaslav (new CEO) is a fan of the DC trinity, and Zack Snyder has said many times he would be open to returning under the right conditions.

The last Twitter event for RestoreTheSnyderVerse this time last year racked up 1,5 Million tweets, a Twitter record. More than Endgame and the biggest number of all WB properties.

If you are interested in helping to increase the chances of the final Justice League 2 + 3 story completion and perhaps a stand alone Batfleck film/series then join the event. I simply re-tweet all I can at the time. Below are also some guidelines for times in your region.

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 14.19.51.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 14.23.19.jpg

For those that just like to retweet, I have Snyderverse gifs plus the hashtag scheduled via Tweetdeck on the 10s throughout the day tomorrow starting at 10AM EST US. Handle is @The_Snyderverse.

Over the last couple of days seeing on the Soosoo Fans FB posts saying that retailers in China now stating that mid May is what Flash Point Studio is now aiming for to ship “Doomsday Lightning Man.”

TNS Figures is now sending out emails with invoices to collect payment and advising that “Doomsday Lightning Man” will ship soon.

Queen Studios/InArt is reportedly making Mera.

Maybe this Mera will be from Aquaman versus ZSJL? I would think this most likely.

If it’s Aquaman Mera then no gas can to carry water, and no Arthur’s trident. But otherwise the same suit. Maybe a trident knockoff will get made by a third party company. Or the STL file will be out there to 3D print and paint ourselves, etc.

2B79F7E2-6608-46BF-A258-640D5FF37411.jpeg

Queen Studios/InArt is reportedly making Mera.

Maybe this Mera will be from Aquaman versus ZSJL? I would think this most likely.

If it’s Aquaman Mera then no gas can to carry water, and no Arthur’s trident. But otherwise the same suit. Maybe a trident knockoff will get made by a third party company. Or the STL file will be out there to 3D print and paint ourselves, etc.

View attachment 577163
Yep, it's a decent list. I'd consider a Mera representation from the Snyderverse, but would need to be good. I want to try and keep my DC display clean and relatively well spaced out.

I hope it's a BvS Superman, only because I missed that one from HT, and a superior Cavill sculpt (if that eventuates) would be good to have. Wonder if it InArt heads are compatible with HT bodies and vice versa ?

Ideal setup would be using my red-laser eyes Superman sculpt for the blacksuit version next to Darkseid. An improved Cavill sculpt from InArt to go on the clean vibrant Josstice League Hot Toys figure. And the HT sculpt to go on a BvS Supes with my BvS Batfleck.

By the way here is a better translated list.

inart.png

Thanks for the improved list!

Btw, (and I’m sure you already know) HT Black Suit Superman from the two-pack comes with a heat vision head sculpt (looks like the same one for blue suit JL Superman). So it looks like those of us that have JL Superman are going to have two heat vision head sculpts.

I’m not too keen on any of the versions of the laser eyed Superman head sculpt I’ve seen thus far... I think I’d prefer a more neutral one like in the scene in BvS where he first calmly destroys Batman’s machine guns.

63D49060-020C-496D-A137-B8BE7E2CA4F5.jpeg

I do get the effort at creating this image from ZSJL, and it is a very cool scene for sure:

DE1E04E0-4F9A-4BB6-BDB9-4C791E93C815.jpeg

But tbh I’m not thrilled at how it appears in the in-hand photos I’ve seen. But that’s just a matter personal taste, for sure.

I guess if I ever had a mind to use the heat vision sculpt at all it would be the HT one. But overall I much prefer the stock head sculpt for the JL version.

My guess is that the odds that HT updates either figure in the two-pack in any way is about 0.0001% lol.

I too hope that BvS Superman becomes available. I missed out on him also.

I wonder if the Batfleck will be from The Flash?

Thanks for the improved list!

Btw, (and I’m sure you already know) HT Black Suit Superman from the two-pack comes with a heat vision head sculpt (looks like the same one for blue suit JL Superman). So it looks like those of us that have JL Superman are going to have two heat vision head sculpts.

I’m not too keen on any of the versions of the laser eyed Superman head sculpt I’ve seen thus far... I think I’d prefer a more neutral one like in the scene in BvS where he first calmly destroys Batman’s machine guns.

View attachment 577172

I do get the effort at creating this image from ZSJL, and it is a very cool scene for sure:

View attachment 577173

But tbh I’m not thrilled at how it appears in the in-hand photos I’ve seen. But that’s just a matter personal taste, for sure.

I guess if I ever had a mind to use the heat vision sculpt at all it would be the HT one. But overall I much prefer the stock head sculpt for the JL version.

My guess is that the odds that HT updates either figure in the two-pack in any way is about 0.0001% lol.

I too hope that BvS Superman becomes available. I missed out on him also.

I wonder if the Batfleck will be from The Flash?
I think I read somewhere it was BvS Batman. But perhaps that was speculation as well. Who knows, but Flash Batfleck will be a while out. And they'd be going up against Hot Toys on that one too I guess.

Back