TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stumbled across this pic. There wasnt a helmet less 12" Sam from Spinmaster released right? I'm guessing it's a proto that he's holding that was unfortunately never released

439x.jpg

Nah, it's a one of a kind for himself only.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjN006dpjYY"]TRON: Legacy takes on Comic-Con - YouTube[/ame]

Yah, eff it. I don't want that spinmasters crap anyway. They really dropped the ball on these toys. Cheap plastic and even worse sculpts.

Yah, eff it. I don't want that spinmasters crap anyway. They really dropped the ball on these toys. Cheap plastic and even worse sculpts.

I agree. Spin-masters could have polished em' up a bit. But, then again I don't collect anything but higher-end figures. So for somebody else these might be perfect for em'.

I didn't find the spinmaster toys anymore cheap (in terms of durability) than say a transformer. mine seem to be doing fine with nothing broken :dunno

I didn't find the spinmaster toys anymore cheap (in terms of durability) than say a transformer. mine seem to be doing fine with nothing broken :dunno

I guess "cheap" is a pretty generic term and can mean different things to folks. Transformers LOOK cheap nowadays because they're unpainted but are in fact very durable and reasonably priced... and well engineered and generally well sculpted.

TRON Legacy Spinmaster figures have cheap plastic, poor sculpts, so-so articulation, pretty lousy paint jobs, and yes.... they fall apart pretty easy for the price you're paying.

At least that was my experience. I really enjoyed the light cycles but the figures were the worst.

i guess we've just had different experience with the spinmaster figures. My figures have nice clean paint apps and have yet to show any signs of breakage. I've taken the heads off and posed them quite a bit and they seem to be holding up pretty well.

I know there's a lot of work that go into transformers as I've been collecting those for years ever since I was little, but for me transformers have gotten considerably more cheap in look and feel and I personally don't like the constant up in price especially with the replacement of paint apps for colored plastic. I bought all of my Spinmaster Tron figures on sale and clearance so for me, the price was just right

i guess we've just had different experience with the spinmaster figures. My figures have nice clean paint apps and have yet to show any signs of breakage. I've taken the heads off and posed them quite a bit and they seem to be holding up pretty well.

I know there's a lot of work that go into transformers as I've been collecting those for years ever since I was little, but for me transformers have gotten considerably more cheap in look and feel and I personally don't like the constant up in price especially with the replacement of paint apps for colored plastic. I bought all of my Spinmaster Tron figures on sale and clearance so for me, the price was just right

I agree with you for the most part. I've found some nice clean paint jobs on some but I've seen a lot of bad ones also. I have a 7" Clu that I exchanged twice and all of them had longer legs on the left side. So they have some that are good and their bad. I also got all of mine n clearance. Got the 7" ones for $3 and the 12" for $9. You can't beat that. :yess:

SNSGUY

Was surprised to see this lying around at a department store today for $14.65! :yess:It was the only disc they have though.

Not sure if I should keep it or sell it though, since I'll be missing Kevin's for the set. Guess I'll wait for my Flynn figure to arrive to see if it'll work as part of the display. Or be hopeful that HT will release a Rinzler eventually...

Picked up the BD today too!

Was surprised to see this lying around at a department store today for $14.65! :yess:It was the only disc they have though.

Not sure if I should keep it or sell it though, since I'll be missing Kevin's for the set. Guess I'll wait for my Flynn figure to arrive to see if it'll work as part of the display. Or be hopeful that HT will release a Rinzler eventually...

Picked up the BD today too!

Keep it and buy a retro fit light kit and turn it into this!

DSC_0091.jpg

Back