The Wait is Over: Modern Thing has arrived....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i originally got my first Thing from ssc, really only because i was getting something else, so i could save on shipping and brokerage, which was before they took the huge drop in price.:(
then i had the chance to get the same exclusive 2 headed Thing that was a Marvel Sample, at a good price from a fellow freak.

the funny thing was that when i originally ordered my first Thing i actually ordered the international exclusive first, but then changed my mind and ordered the 2 headed version instead, so i always had it in the back of my mind that i would like to get the modern version, but damned if i was going to pay retail from ssc like i did with the first one.
well i finally got one from p!tu at a good price shipped and that's pretty much the whole story.:cool:

oh yeah the Marvel Sample is basically saved for statues that are specifically sent to marvel for final approval of the production of the statue. for some that means nothing, but for others such as myself i feel that they have a rather unique history to them and a touch more valueable.
but i'm sure to others that they would rather have a numbered version and would pay more for a numbered version also.
i guess i'm just different that way.:D

Thanks for the sample explanation, very cool indeed.

At the end of the day, who doesn't want more Things in their life!

Cheers...

:rock Make mine a Rum and Coke and we'll have a blast! :rock Are you going to SDCC this year?

I'm in the same boat as Quad....way too much going on!

I've never been to SDCC but hope to go one day especially since my sis lives in LA (she works for disney in burbank, that's if she doesn't get layed off) BUT:

Had my first kid
New Furnace needed
Plumbing work in the bathroom needed
Bad Economy making my hobbies take a back seat!

Beer for me, just like Thor would want (lol) but by all means please enjoy your vodka and rum....:)

So I say Cheers from my home to yours......

Not me I'm going and I'm holdn all u guys accountable, drinks on me!!!! I have hella stuff coming as well, again DRINKS ON ME!!!!!

I'll be renting a bus and picking up each and every one of yah! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Not me I'm going and I'm holdn all u guys accountable, drinks on me!!!! I have hella stuff coming as well, again DRINKS ON ME!!!!!

I'll be renting a bus and picking up each and every one of yah! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Holy crap, I forgot to add you to my list of saluting our collections and new found friendships! Blasphemy!

Skiman....my apologies.....

To the Ski......excelsior!

well that would be one hell of a road trip, of course if you hire a driver also then it wouldn't seem that bad. it's about 28 hrs straight driving from my place to LA. let's just say i did it once and wouldn't want to do it again.:cool:

well that would be one hell of a road trip, of course if you hire a driver also then it wouldn't seem that bad. it's about 28 hrs straight driving from my place to LA. let's just say i did it once and wouldn't want to do it again.:cool:

Hey Ski,

Don't forget me!!! :wave If someone else is driving AND picking me up, then count me in. When you're done picking up Quad, in Canada, I'm over on the east coast. I'll start packing my bags. Thanks man! :rock :lol

I better get started!!!

And I'm just a hop skip and a jump from Chap!

There you go!!! I think it's settled then. Skiman, I hope you renting a van!!!! And if you could, I prefer the seats to have heating/AC. And if it's not too much to ask, a DVD player/TV on board? :joy

There you go!!! I think it's settled then. Skiman, I hope you renting a van!!!! And if you could, I prefer the seats to have heating/AC. And if it's not too much to ask, a DVD player/TV on board? :joy

I can purchase another Hulk PF and weather proof him so that he can be mounted as a hood ornament!

You might have a little bit of trouble seeing over him but that's no biggie.

We can make a big bumper sticker that says:

"SDCC or Hulk Smash err Bust!"

I can purchase another Hulk PF and weather proof him so that he can be mounted as a hood ornament!

You might have a little bit of trouble seeing over him but that's no biggie.

We can make a big bumper sticker that says:

"SDCC or Hulk Smash err Bust!"

:rotfl I like that idea!

Now, I'm sold. :banana Skiman, the ball is in your court. Don't disappoint jye and I. :monkey3

And more thing........to keep this thread in check:

This truly is the greatest thread ever. :cool:

Long live Modern Thing.
picture.php

Ha ha sweet, so everyone is on board, gas $$$ shouldn't be a problem since I harvest $$$ trees in my back yard, it's cool dawgs!!!

Heated seats/AC? Heck dude I roll like Hugh Hefner, WE GOTS ERRRRRRYTHANG!!!!!

:duff

Back