• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/6 scale battery powered light saber (3rd batch arrived)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 scale battery powered light saber (2nd batch arrived, 12/31/14)

I was able to hollow out a 1/6 SSC Vader hilt and insert the cathode inside. This was a real pain in the butt to do, FYI and will test your patience! In the end it worked out pretty well. Sorry the pics are little fuzzy...cell phone camera :dunno Vader saber 2.jpgVader saber 1 (2).jpgVader saber 3.jpgVader saber 4.jpgVader saber 5.jpg

Great work!:)

It's something I have in mind too, but made differently.

I want to take the imprint of two halves of the hilt in silicon, then cast each hollow. Just have to find the damn time!

That would make things much easier. I literally spent 20 minutes with a pin vise then dremel slowly increasing the drill bit diameter. The silver part of Vaders hilt in the center is nearly the same diameter as the aluminum hilt on the cathode saber. You will need to widen it here. Or you can just make the top half and bottom section and attach it to the aluminum hilt and it will look just as good. Middle part is hidden in Vader's hand anyway.

Saber looks awesome. Definitely wanna try it out with mine. Casting two halves is a good idea too but my skills at that are nill lol. Got my force lightening today and they look pretty awesome. Now I just need an Emperor :)

Wow! That's amazing. Looks incredible.

I talked to guys at Echobase Toys last Saturday. They say they plan to scan 1:1 vader light saber and use 3D printer to print 1:6 hilt so that the battery light saber can fit right in. However, the hilt will be unpainted though.

This would be great!! The one who build those 1/6 hilts will see a lot of $$$$

:拍手 改得好good

LOL, ANYTHING is better than trying to drill one of these (hilts) out! I get a lot of compliments on this when lit up, though, so it was worth the effort.

I got mine yesterday. Ther'ye amazing!

im still waiting on the 3rd batch, im on that waiting list. any updates?

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side"

DSC_0233 resized.jpg

These are brilliant! Thanks Triton!! :hi5:

im still waiting on the 3rd batch, im on that waiting list. any updates?

There are few people who did not pay. I'll wait until Thursday and start to allocate the remaining light sabers to people on the waiting list.

Thanks.

Re: 1/6 scale battery powered light saber (Deadline to pay 2nd batch, 1/15/15)

It's time to move to the waiting list. For those who are on the waiting list (except for lightning force). I'll send you the payment request after I receive your Paypal info. The order can be shipped on Monday.

Back