The Wait is Over: Modern Thing has arrived....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to my good friend Adoptedscott, The Thing is here!!!:banana:banana:banana

Sorry for the crappy pics.....

CIMG0736.jpg

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0750.jpg

Thanks MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a sweet statue. Excellent pose. The Thing remains one of Marvel's best 'cause he's all personality, and the statue captures Ben Grimm's attitude all the way. Congrats.

well finally after a long wait (over 2 months almost 3) my Modern Thing has finally arrived in canada:rotfl. i will finally be a member of this exclusive club.
should have on hand pics by this weekend :banana:banana

well finally after a long wait (over 2 months almost 3) my Modern Thing has finally arrived in canada:rotfl. i will finally be a member of this exclusive club.
should have on hand pics by this weekend :banana:banana

You, my friend, have just revived one of the greatest threads this board has ever seen. :cool: And for that I say, "Thank you." :rock :rock :rock

Welcome to the club!

Hmm... still not entirely sold on this piece - although now I kinda regret not buying it for £140 shipped when I could; even if I had the space, I dont think I could Ol' Blue-eye when the rest of the team aren't available :confused:

@Cap - congrats though!!! great addition to your collection :D

Last edited:
I've been considering using my reward points to get this. It'd take forty dollars off. Maybe I will if they offer free or reduced shipping during Toy Fair...

well here he is 153/250

nns935.jpg

1z36plg.jpg

and here he is with some other freshly arrived pieces (well kinda fresh, arrived sometime ago just got around to unpacking them)
marvel sample grey hulk and marvel sample spidey vs hulk reg version.

15wo5qv.jpg

yep, just waiting for abomination now to complete the trio.

and here's a couple of him with his cousins

nygytj.jpg

14bqjhu.jpg

Last edited:
Love the baby boots.....I want those for my baby.

Nice collection, that Hulk vs Spidey always tempts the hell out of me because truth be told, i'm so not into the Vs line......except that one!

Umm, why the 2 non internationl Things?....(go ahead, you can answer "Why not")

What does the "sample" refer to?

Very nice Quad...

Hey,

I want to get together with Chapter, Quad, 915stag and El for a frothy beer...

Were are we meeting?

How about Quad's house....

:)

Last edited:

Nice collection, that Hulk vs Spidey always tempts the hell out of me because truth be told, i'm so not into the Vs line......except that one!

Very nice Quad...

There's only one Vs I'm interesed in - The X-Men vs Sentinel #1... I'd pay $1200 + shipping for the EX :monkey2

Oops.. wrong thread :D

Umm, why the 2 non internationl Things?....(go ahead, you can answer "Why not")

What does the "sample" refer to?

Very nice Quad...

well i originally got my first Thing from ssc, really only because i was getting something else, so i could save on shipping and brokerage, which was before they took the huge drop in price.:(
then i had the chance to get the same exclusive 2 headed Thing that was a Marvel Sample, at a good price from a fellow freak.

the funny thing was that when i originally ordered my first Thing i actually ordered the international exclusive first, but then changed my mind and ordered the 2 headed version instead, so i always had it in the back of my mind that i would like to get the modern version, but damned if i was going to pay retail from ssc like i did with the first one.
well i finally got one from p!tu at a good price shipped and that's pretty much the whole story.:cool:

oh yeah the Marvel Sample is basically saved for statues that are specifically sent to marvel for final approval of the production of the statue. for some that means nothing, but for others such as myself i feel that they have a rather unique history to them and a touch more valueable.
but i'm sure to others that they would rather have a numbered version and would pay more for a numbered version also.
i guess i'm just different that way.:D

Back