1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party on this series as I’m in the U.K but just watched it and IMO this is the best thing since the OT. Really gave me those OT feels. Can’t wait for the next episode!

Late to the party on this series as I?m in the U.K but just watched it and IMO this is the best thing since the OT. Really gave me those OT feels. Can?t wait for the next episode!

Definitely nice to have Star Wars content that is enjoyable to watch again! I really hope it continues this way.

Me too. I love 1/4 scale figures and I prefer to get them over 1/6 due to the wow factor the quarter scales give. Lets hope they give us a Mandalorian in 1/4 if there is enough demand. It will be glorious!

I feel like there's literally no way they'll ever make a 1/4 Mandalorian. They've done so few 1/4's, I don't see this as being one of them unless the series is the best thing ever, has many awesome seasons and a movie. Then maybe in 5 years we'll get one.

I feel like there's literally no way they'll ever make a 1/4 Mandalorian. They've done so few 1/4's, I don't see this as being one of them unless the series is the best thing ever, has many awesome seasons and a movie. Then maybe in 5 years we'll get one.

That’s exactly the reason I’m picking up one of MYC Sulptures. I just don’t think we’ll be getting an officially licensed one soon enough.

I don't care if they Iron Man this guy out. I will buy every version. I haven't been this into a Star Wars project since I was a kid. Instantly watching this made me feel seven again.

I don't care if they Iron Man this guy out. I will buy every version. I haven't been this into a Star Wars project since I was a kid. Instantly watching this made me feel seven again.

Agreed, same here! I can't get enough of Mandalorian. It's a nice refresher from the movies.

I was initially a bit skeptical when the first episode started with so many obvious "remember this???" moments and attempts at comedy that felt flat to me (the blue creature with the bounty and Brian Posehn with his prequel-like comedic ship falling apart). But it grew on me pretty quickly, and after two episodes I'm loving this more than any other Star Wars property post-Return of the Jedi. All the cool things I imagined about Boba Fett are really there, and the way they tie this into the Star Wars universe doesn't overdo it on nostalgia. If this figure gets baby Yoda I might have to buy.

I am all in for this show and figures. The blue guy and the human at the bar speaking alien dialect like Ani ?...choppa-chowa? from ep.1 are the only 2 things I disliked. Aliens speaking with perfect human accents just is odd to me like the worm lady from Solo. Imagine if Jabba, or Jawas spoke basic? That would?ve been terrible. But it works for me with UgNolte?s character so... :dunno

I think what's made me fall in love with the show is that it isn't "Ultra Badass Space Batman wins easily." Its more like "Tired man deals with unending ridiculous crap as best he can."

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I was initially a bit skeptical when the first episode started with so many obvious "remember this???" moments and attempts at comedy that felt flat to me (the blue creature with the bounty and Brian Posehn with his prequel-like comedic ship falling apart). But it grew on me pretty quickly, and after two episodes I'm loving this more than any other Star Wars property post-Return of the Jedi. All the cool things I imagined about Boba Fett are really there, and the way they tie this into the Star Wars universe doesn't overdo it on nostalgia. If this figure gets baby Yoda I might have to buy.

Why is it that people bitches endlessly about the fan-service in the non-episodic Star Wars stuff but The Farts Awakens (Ep. VII) is just great with all of the little nuggets of nostalgia. There's an outright prejudice against anything that isn't the episodes. Blu-ray.com and originaltrilogy.com forums is some of the worst at this crap. There's this one bozo who is on both of those forums that complained about how the people in the various trailers of The Mandalorian are standing around, looking important. You heard that right.

Why is it that people bitches endlessly about the fan-service in the non-episodic Star Wars stuff but The Farts Awakens (Ep. VII) is just great with all of the little nuggets of nostalgia. There's an outright prejudice against anything that isn't the episodes. Blu-ray.com and originaltrilogy.com forums is some of the worst at this crap. There's this one bozo who is on both of those forums that complained about how the people in the various trailers of The Mandalorian are standing around, looking important. You heard that right.

This just in: "People" isn't one person. And most likely it's just confirmation bias, noticing more people complain about non-episodic nostalgia than you notice people complaining about episodic nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy anything related to SW: OT, PT, ST, anthology movies, animation series, live action series. And I am looking forward for TROS, Mandalorian, Kenobi and Cassian series, Clone Wars season 7.
I have spoken.

This just in: "People" isn't one person. And most likely it's just confirmation bias, noticing more people complain about non-episodic nostalgia than you notice people complaining about episodic nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one person that I included in my last message was just one example of non-episodic bias. This just in: You sir don't know what an example is.

I'm not a hardcore Star Wars guy, and can't speak to what's happening in the fandom in general. But I would suspect that it was more acceptable when Episode 7 came along because up to that point all we had post-Jedi was Ewok TV movies, cartoons, and the horrific prequels. Ep. 7 was nothing more than a glorified love letter to the original films, but fans nostalgic for the original were ready for that when it happened. Since then, the lesson learned from Disney was to do more of the same, so we had Rogue One, Solo, etc., which were so concerned with references to the original films that they forgot that they needed to create something new and interesting in the process (in my opinion). And it's like anything--over-saturation will cause a backlash.

With Mandolorian, there were very obvious homages to the original films, including how they edit scenes, the scene where Mando enters the bar to meet with Apollo Creed, carbonite, etc. And for me, that was concerning initially because we've seen how that goes bad (e.g., Rogue One), but I think they've found a nice balance. Ultimately, the story feels new and the characters seem fresh and interesting. That will trump an eye roll-inducing shot of the ice cream dude from Empire showing up. We'll see how well they can maintain that balance moving forward, though.

I'm not a hardcore Star Wars guy, and can't speak to what's happening in the fandom in general. But I would suspect that it was more acceptable when Episode 7 came along because up to that point all we had post-Jedi was Ewok TV movies, cartoons, and the horrific prequels. Ep. 7 was nothing more than a glorified love letter to the original films, but fans nostalgic for the original were ready for that when it happened. Since then, the lesson learned from Disney was to do more of the same, so we had Rogue One, Solo, etc., which were so concerned with references to the original films that they forgot that they needed to create something new and interesting in the process (in my opinion). And it's like anything--over-saturation will cause a backlash.

As a hardcore Star Wars guy, I'd say that wasn't accurate. All it boils down to is that Episode 7 was the "safe" movie to get the fans back into the SW Universe and it pretty much worked. It was a generally satisfying movie that just set up enough questions that Episodes 8 and subsequently 9, should have been able to answer. Rogue One was just a really great movie with zero expectations so that movie was in the right place, at the right time. If anything, that movie just set up the bar for Episode 8.

What happened was due to the lack of someone having a plan, episode 8 decided to crap on everything story-wise that came before it just to subvert expectations." It's as simple as that. That's where this whole "toxic fandom" thing really got took to another level. How does Episode 7 set up questions that Episode 8 says doesn't matter anyway but then turn around and blame angry fans that it's their fault for coming up with theories. Most people don't care if they're theories are right or wrong but don't set things up if you're just gonna pull the rug up from under them just to be "bold".

Solo was just collateral damage since it came out so soon after Episode 8. Ask anybody unbiased and they'll say Solo was also a pretty satisfying movie. Unfortunately, Episode 8 was the biggest let down to fans, so Episode 7 and Solo are just dragged down with it.

Over-saturation is the laziest excuse and is just a buzzword. You can't tell me Star Wars fan suffer over-saturation from 4 movies in 3.5 years while Marvel knocked out like 22 in a decade and are still breaking records with each new one and the fans are generally very happy. The closest thing to how episode 8 alienated the fans was this last season of Game of Thrones. All people want is a coherent story that they can enjoy and a story ending with a good payoff for all the time wasted watching said story. SW/GOT fans watched seven movies/seasons worth of material and then Episode/Season 8 just made everything that led up to it moot so those are two cases where. I don't blame the fans for being angry for wasting all those hours watching and then being told just kidding, none of it really matters.

The Mandalorian is working because fans aren't feeling like Favreau/Filoni are just checking boxes to satisfy any demographics. There's already been way more character shown by The Mandalorian/Ugnolte/Baby Yoda in 2 episodes than any main character has shown in the the sequel trilogies so far. This show has competent writers/directors and is how it "should" be. I wouldn't worry about this show disappointing.

Back