1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a hardcore Star Wars guy, I'd say that wasn't accurate. All it boils down to is that Episode 7 was the "safe" movie to get the fans back into the SW Universe and it pretty much worked. It was a generally satisfying movie that just set up enough questions that Episodes 8 and subsequently 9, should have been able to answer. Rogue One was just a really great movie with zero expectations so that movie was in the right place, at the right time. If anything, that movie just set up the bar for Episode 8.

What happened was due to the lack of someone having a plan, episode 8 decided to crap on everything story-wise that came before it just to subvert expectations." It's as simple as that. That's where this whole "toxic fandom" thing really got took to another level. How does Episode 7 set up questions that Episode 8 says doesn't matter anyway but then turn around and blame angry fans that it's their fault for coming up with theories. Most people don't care if they're theories are right or wrong but don't set things up if you're just gonna pull the rug up from under them just to be "bold".

Solo was just collateral damage since it came out so soon after Episode 8. Ask anybody unbiased and they'll say Solo was also a pretty satisfying movie. Unfortunately, Episode 8 was the biggest let down to fans, so Episode 7 and Solo are just dragged down with it.

Over-saturation is the laziest excuse and is just a buzzword. You can't tell me Star Wars fan suffer over-saturation from 4 movies in 3.5 years while Marvel knocked out like 22 in a decade and are still breaking records with each new one and the fans are generally very happy. The closest thing to how episode 8 alienated the fans was this last season of Game of Thrones. All people want is a coherent story that they can enjoy and a story ending with a good payoff for all the time wasted watching said story. SW/GOT fans watched seven movies/seasons worth of material and then Episode/Season 8 just made everything that led up to it moot so those are two cases where. I don't blame the fans for being angry for wasting all those hours watching and then being told just kidding, none of it really matters.

The Mandalorian is working because fans aren't feeling like Favreau/Filoni are just checking boxes to satisfy any demographics. There's already been way more character shown by The Mandalorian/Ugnolte/Baby Yoda in 2 episodes than any main character has shown in the the sequel trilogies so far. This show has competent writers/directors and is how it "should" be. I wouldn't worry about this show disappointing.

That's a perfect analysis. Particularly the bit about Episode VIII unfairly dragging down TFA and Solo by association.

As a hardcore Star Wars guy, I'd say that wasn't accurate. All it boils down to is that Episode 7 was the "safe" movie to get the fans back into the SW Universe and it pretty much worked. It was a generally satisfying movie that just set up enough questions that Episodes 8 and subsequently 9, should have been able to answer. Rogue One was just a really great movie with zero expectations so that movie was in the right place, at the right time. If anything, that movie just set up the bar for Episode 8.

What happened was due to the lack of someone having a plan, episode 8 decided to crap on everything story-wise that came before it just to subvert expectations." It's as simple as that. That's where this whole "toxic fandom" thing really got took to another level. How does Episode 7 set up questions that Episode 8 says doesn't matter anyway but then turn around and blame angry fans that it's their fault for coming up with theories. Most people don't care if they're theories are right or wrong but don't set things up if you're just gonna pull the rug up from under them just to be "bold".

Solo was just collateral damage since it came out so soon after Episode 8. Ask anybody unbiased and they'll say Solo was also a pretty satisfying movie. Unfortunately, Episode 8 was the biggest let down to fans, so Episode 7 and Solo are just dragged down with it.

Over-saturation is the laziest excuse and is just a buzzword. You can't tell me Star Wars fan suffer over-saturation from 4 movies in 3.5 years while Marvel knocked out like 22 in a decade and are still breaking records with each new one and the fans are generally very happy. The closest thing to how episode 8 alienated the fans was this last season of Game of Thrones. All people want is a coherent story that they can enjoy and a story ending with a good payoff for all the time wasted watching said story. SW/GOT fans watched seven movies/seasons worth of material and then Episode/Season 8 just made everything that led up to it moot so those are two cases where. I don't blame the fans for being angry for wasting all those hours watching and then being told just kidding, none of it really matters.

The Mandalorian is working because fans aren't feeling like Favreau/Filoni are just checking boxes to satisfy any demographics. There's already been way more character shown by The Mandalorian/Ugnolte/Baby Yoda in 2 episodes than any main character has shown in the the sequel trilogies so far. This show has competent writers/directors and is how it "should" be. I wouldn't worry about this show disappointing.

You have spoken very well.

Severely lack of transparent, coherent and technical knowledge...all of the essential prerequisites that required in a competent leader. Sadly, KK possesses not a tiny bit of those traits. Her days at Lucasfilm have officialy numbered. "The Rise of Skywalker" - "The Fall of KK's regime" :wave, bye bye ST toxic fanatics.

So anyway, back to the Mandalorian... we can basically count out any accessories being added at this point right? I'll be grabbing this guy and the beskar armor version when that comes out, just hope one of them comes with Baby Yoda. Undecided on IG-11... assume he'll be back in the show. If he's in it more and as good as he is in the first ep, I'll get him too. Wish Cara Dune had a more "star warsy" outfit. Kinda wish she wore parts of her old Shocktrooper armor

So anyway, back to the Mandalorian... we can basically count out any accessories being added at this point right? I'll be grabbing this guy and the beskar armor version when that comes out, just hope one of them comes with Baby Yoda. Undecided on IG-11... assume he'll be back in the show. If he's in it more and as good as he is in the first ep, I'll get him too. Wish Cara Dune had a more "star warsy" outfit. Kinda wish she wore parts of her old Shocktrooper armor

Haha, my bad for going off track but yeah, back to this figure. Yes, what you see is probably all you’ll get get with this release. The way they know people want baby Yoda, he might just come with Ugnolte or something not a lot of people would normally spring for:lol

And I agree on Cara Dune, I’m not too sold on her design. I’d much rather they make the other Mando’s already shown on the show like the Armorer or the “Heavy” who’s Black Series you leaked last week.

Haha, my bad for going off track but yeah, back to this figure. Yes, what you see is probably all you’ll get get with this release. The way they know people want baby Yoda, he might just come with Ugnolte or something not a lot of people would normally spring for:lol

And I agree on Cara Dune, I’m not too sold on her design. I’d much rather they make the other Mando’s already shown on the show like the Armorer or the “Heavy” who’s Black Series you leaked last week.

Yes totally agree here that they'll probably put Yodle with another character to boost sales. Which is fine with me, as I'll be getting all of them anyway at this point. :lol

Only thing is I'm a single chaaracter representation type of collector. So it could be tough to try and determine which version of the Mando to keep.

Well the full Beskar armor is definitely the one I want. I want the asset too so wont order this one unless lots of changes are made.

Aesthetically I like the used look of the original armor better... more of that used universe look.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I?m pretty much down for all the Mando versions they release from this show. Go Iron Man!

I really thought I was just going to get the current version of the Mando even seeing the previous leaked images of the full Beskar armor. However, seeing the armor in action, I guess I'll have two Mandos on the shelf. One better come with the asset!

I chose to wait for full beskar. Though this outfit is also good HT iteration has baggy upper legs. I hope full beskar won't be like this.

Man Episode 3 was some of the best Star Wars I’ve seen since the end of Rogue One.

I wonder if we will get the Mandalorian’s big friend and his big gun. Now THAT would be a heck of a shelf piece.

I'm definitely getting both Mando versions now, love this show. Ideally the Mando up for order now would include the space box with beskar bars inside and the beskar armor version should be a deluxe with the asset.

Man Episode 3 was some of the best Star Wars I’ve seen since the end of Rogue One.

I wonder if we will get the Mandalorian’s big friend and his big gun. Now THAT would be a heck of a shelf piece.

It's Jon Favreau's character, I'm sure it'll be high on the to-do list:lol I'm actually anticipating that more than I am full beskar Mando.

I would buy a HT Favreau Fett.
I know HT won?t do it but could see a Hasbro exclusive Heavy Mando with Favreau sculpt in a few yrs - kinda like how they did a Lucas Trooper - also depending on how the show does over the years.

...this is the way.

McHaleyArt also posted Yoda Baby STL?s in the morning customs thread for those who want to print one.

Definitely holding out for a deluxe now that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way, I hope HT takes it easy on the beskar weathering; it always appears very well kept on the show.

I'm definitely getting both Mando versions now, love this show. Ideally the Mando up for order now would include the space box with beskar bars inside and the beskar armor version should be a deluxe with the asset.

Best bit is that the Beskar box is actually an ice-cream making machine from the 70's, which they originally used as a prop for a guy running through Bespin in ESB.....deep cut there !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxesxhCbWA

I don't want to derail this thread further but I want to respond to the point about TLJ doing a disservice to plot elements set up in TFA.

I understand why many were disappointed that the questions around characters like Rey and Snoke did not ultimately connect back to the mythology. However, it's my belief that TLJ did an admirable job taking the extremely sloppy table-setting of TFA and transforming it into an actual story that builds up interesting characters.

Lets look at Snoke as an example. TFA gives us two pieces of information about Snoke: he rules the first order, and he's ugly.

That's not even a character. That's certainly not a mystery. In the absence of any interesting mystery around him, TLJ uses him to build Kylo's character. This is a really smart move: it positions Kylo as our main villain, but what it really does is move Kylo from being the loyal (and boring) apprentice to someone who has taken back the power in his own life--but unlike we've seen before, the choice he's made is driving him further down the dark path, not back to the light. That's great stuff. I am very happy to trade a nothing-character like Snoke in order to build Kylo Ren into a credible villain and reveal more about his character.

When we look back on the revelation that Vader and Luke were related, the most important thing it did was reframe the conflict between Luke and Vader from very simplistic (he killed my mentor) to very personal and challenging (he is my father, he has offered me the greater life I have always craved, but I cannot reconcile that with the evil he has done).

This is exactly what TLJ needed to do, and succeeded at. It's most important task was to take Kylo and Rey from flat, simplistic characters into more interesting figures with a more compelling conflict. It's really quite deft; half the film is about convincing Rey that Kylo deserves sympathy and is worth saving--a belief further reinforced when he saves Rey from the nothing-character Snoke. Then, the twist that makes the whole thing work is that yes, he values Rey and wants her partnership, but not in the way that Rey expected or wanted. And to complicate matters further, he reveals the answer to the biggest question in her life, and the answer leaves her even more confused as to her place, and vulnerable to his offer.

My reading of the films is that TLJ succeeded where TFA came up short: building credible new characters and conflicts instead of relying on aimless, poorly formed "mystery." The most exciting part of walking into TLJ was looking forward to seeing Luke. I wasnt evening thinking about Rey and Kylo Ren. The most exciting part about walking into TROS will be seeing what happens between Rey and Kylo.

I see that as a huge win. I walked into TLJ not giving a **** about the lead characters, and walked out excited to see more from them. That is an effective sequel.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Given HT's recent track record on delivery, we've got over a year to see which Mando armor set best captures the character. I think this red-white-and-blue armor will be quickly forgotten.

Back