1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. Regarding 1st issue, so the cape is sewn to the undervest and adjusting chest armor won't do any harm to that. However, doesn't the gun strap make it difficult to futz the chest armor?

The belt has velcro too at the middle on the back. The whole thing comes off easily (or just loosens so you can adjust the chest).

Question to whoever bought it directly from Sideshow -
Did you get him in a Sideshow/Hot toys shipper, or a blank shipper with no markings?
Some pics surfaced on facebook of him being shipped in plain boxes with tan color tape, and many think Sideshow may be shipping out returned items repackaged because the original shipper can't be used due to previous owners mailing labels on it.

Did you get him in a Sideshow/Hot toys shipper, or a blank shipper with no markings?
Some pics surfaced on facebook of him being shipped in plain boxes with tan color tape, and many think Sideshow may be shipping out returned items repackaged because the original shipper can't be used due to previous owners mailing labels on it.

I got mine in the hot toys shipper, and it was bagged inside.

Same I ordered at SSC since everyone else was sold out and got a new in shipper box figure.

The belt has velcro too at the middle on the back. The whole thing comes off easily (or just loosens so you can adjust the chest).

Thank you.

Mine came in shipper box with a huge HT logo on it. However, it was significantly thinner compared to previous boxes.

BTW, I found this. It can help those who want to remove fat suit:

It's not like that happening is new to this figure. That seems to happen extremely rarely but it does. I've only seen a few posts about it here.

Usually people will jump in and say it's probably a return. But I'm inclined to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt. If they wanted to sneak someone a returned item, they could probably muster up another shipper to send it in.

I'm not sure what the explanation would be. They technically consider the shipper to be just packing material and don't guarantee its condition, or the art box for that matter. I don't think they technically even guarantee getting a shipper, but that's how they show up.

Maybe they occasionally get shippers that are beyond saving or some units without them and they don't have any extras. Seems more likely than Sideshow shipping out opened products.

It's not like that happening is new to this figure. That seems to happen extremely rarely but it does. I've only seen a few posts about it here.

Usually people will jump in and say it's probably a return. But I'm inclined to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt. If they wanted to sneak someone a returned item, they could probably muster up another shipper to send it in.

I'm not sure what the explanation would be. They technically consider the shipper to be just packing material and don't guarantee its condition, or the art box for that matter. I don't think they technically even guarantee getting a shipper, but that's how they show up.

Maybe they occasionally get shippers that are beyond saving or some units without them and they don't have any extras. Seems more likely than Sideshow shipping out opened products.

But the shippers are not universal, they have the items code number.

Nice pic and Happy Birthday!
The wait for PC to get this in is starting to frustrate me. As is the search for an Oz retailer that stocks that particular BY ornament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tha ks my friend!
I can't vouch for this release, as mine was definitely factory sealed, but SS is very well known for doing this. They've claimed it's been because the shippers were damaged or that they had recieved cases from HT and had to part them out, even when the figure was clearly opened on the inside. It happened with the Infinity War Iron Man a few times from what I saw.

But the shippers are not universal, they have the items code number.

I am aware, as I live in a sea of like a hundred shippers.

I meant muster up another shipper of the same figure. I imagine they would have them lying around from figures that actually get returned or damaged out or broken down for spare parts.

Got Mando a couple days ago. I'm so glad I decided not to cancel after ordering the Beskar Mando. The mismatch armor looks great, as does the base with the Stormtrooper helmet on the pike.

Got Mando a couple days ago. I'm so glad I decided not to cancel after ordering the Beskar Mando. The mismatch armor looks great, as does the base with the Stormtrooper helmet on the pike.

Congrats! Got shipping notice for my second one. One of the favs in the collection. Really wanted to display with rifle; and another with blaster and of course alternate pauldrons.

gk6NmAY.jpg

I love the figure, but I hate this particular area out of the box. I do plan to remove the fat suit at some point, but either way on the leg you have his thigh armor, then the hip armor, and then the holster. It just doesn't look good. I know I can move the armor down but moving the velcro, but I have to say at that point, what's accurate? There's rectangles of velcro on the pants that seem to match the size exactly to the panels, so I assume they should match up and I get this result.

Got mine from AE today and love him. The only real complaint I have is the stand reuse. A reused stand isn’t bad by default but it is when the footprints are too small for the boots of the figure. That shouldn’t ever happen at this price point. Ruins an otherwise perfect score for the figure.

Back