1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Scout Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is an ROTJ version all but guaranteed?

Do you think HT will pass on an easy way to make money? They might not release the ROTJ Scouts now, but in the future they will come. And they have enough time to fix the Scout helmet too.

Wow that helmet really IS off. Strange how neither company go the upper curve of the visor right. And in fact it almost looks like HT relied more on the Sideshow as a reference than the screen version.

It is not better than SSC Scout, but hopefully by the time HT releases ROTJ Scout, they will fix it

I am always prefer the weathered look on 1/6 rather than clean. Fantastic looking figure however aside from the IG droid, I was not a big fan of the The Mandalorian. However I don't imagine ROTJ version to be too weathered. Anyways no rush

I find it strange that HT would base the mid section off of the actors wearing their costumes the wrong way. I noticed when I saw the show that the mid section was sagging down, rather than it being colored differently. This figure jus looks strange. But of course, jus because it?s hot toys, everybody will give it a pass.....

So, I guess The Mando version was quite different than ROTJ. Not sure I like it.. Looks like he is wearing a diaper.

HT v SS

Scout Trooper comp ht vss.jpg

So, I guess The Mando version was quite different than ROTJ. Not sure I like it.. Looks like he is wearing a diaper.

HT v SS

View attachment 483697

Yeah, and a diaper he borrowed from a Gammy, at that. :monkey2

Now I cannot stop seeing it...order cancelled :(

Thanks for that side by side. I definitely prefer the ROTJ version.

Agreed. He looks ridiculous.

Pre-cancelled.

Will await the classic version.

HT v SS

Yes, thanks for the comparison. The Mando version is actually fine by me. Better to have two distinctly different versions on the shelf.

Those guys weren't "real" Scout Troopers anyway. I like to think of them as Remnant Scout Troopers who go their uniform from somewhere and pieced it together.

That comparison pic does dim my enthusiasm for these. Can't really incorporate these into an Endor display. Still cool if you want stuff from The Mandalorian. But as has been the case since 1983, the OT rules!!! :yess:

HT v SS

View attachment 483697

It?s like I mentioned before, it?s like the person wearing the costume put it on incorrectly.
Plus from what I?ve heard, they didn?t make any of the costumes but rather got cosplayers

Yes, thanks for the comparison. The Mando version is actually fine by me. Better to have two distinctly different versions on the shelf.

Those guys weren't "real" Scout Troopers anyway. I like to think of them as Remnant Scout Troopers who go their uniform from somewhere and pieced it together.

Yeah I got the sense those weren't even former troopers, but just random mercenaries who got their hands on some trooper armor. Or who were given the armor to wear by Gideon.

Very quick and dirty screen capture. So yeah, it's off. Not catastrophically so, but enough to frustrate me. There's no reason they couldn't have made a faithful replica:

View attachment 483659

Amazing how in this day and age with 3D scanning technology, Hot Toys STILL can?t nail an imperial helmet sculpt. This is so off, not as bad as their stormtrooper helmet attempt, but still way off IMO.

Back