1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Scout Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only interested in OT Troopers so this is a pass for me. I hope they will release the ROTJ Scout with bike too

You could always use it for the Hasbro OT Hoth/Endor mash-up.:dunno:lol

sw07TSblizzardrt.jpg

Way cheaper than I would have expected.

Here are Timcent prices,

Scout : about $190 USD shipped !!
Scout + Bike : $385 USD shipped !!

Pretty damn good prices ! Plus he has some discount codes on the first page.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/prod...-scout-trooper

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/prod...d-speeder-bike

Those links aren't working for me.

I'm no scout expert and I haven't compared the Mandalorian one to the RotJ one in any detail, but does this helmet look pretty off to anyone else?

It does look a bit stretched out to me...

Yeah, I would say it's a decent sculpt and a definite improvement over the SSC abomination but the HT helmet is:

- too narrow overall (which throws off the proportions on a few things like the dome) giving it that "stretched"/squeezed look
- the "mouth" is not quite long enough and wide enough
- the key problem is that the upturned "U" visor doesn't curve enough - both on the sides but more noticeably on the top (the top is basically flat)

I just googled the Mando Biker Scout helmets to see if maybe they are different but they seem - within reason - to be much the same as the ROTJ versions.

Yeah, I would say it's a decent sculpt and a definite improvement over the SSC abomination but the HT helmet is:

- too narrow overall (which throws off the proportions on a few things like the dome) giving it that "stretched"/squeezed look
- the "mouth" is not quite long enough and wide enough
- the key problem is that the upturned "U" visor doesn't curve enough - both on the sides but more noticeably on the top (the top is basically flat)

I just googled the Mando Biker Scout helmets to see if maybe they are different but they seem - within reason - to be much the same as the ROTJ versions.

Very quick and dirty screen capture. So yeah, it's off. Not catastrophically so, but enough to frustrate me. There's no reason they couldn't have made a faithful replica:

scout_comp2.jpg

Attachments

• scout_comp.jpg
    scout_comp.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 201
Looks really off. Particularly the full body shot :(

The bike looks great though - absolutely destroys the SSC, detail wise.

But yeah, I'll wait for the ROTJ version.

Iconic. But not enough for me to drop coin.
That extra baby Yoda that's included. Thats ICONIC. :p

If this was a ROTJ Scout Trooper it would've been an instant PO for me the minute it went up. My 2nd favorite SW Trooper design (behind the regular Troopers & Clone Troopers). So, not sure now. May wait it out, or just wait till it's released to decide if I want a dirty Mando trooper or wait to see the eventual ROTJ version.

As far as the set with the bike & The Child, as much as it would be cool to have a 1/6 Speeder Bike, I certainly wouldn't want it to be white. Plus due to size, not sure I could even display it. Same reason I got Maul without the Speeder. Plus, I have the Hasbro I could use if needed. And Baby Yoda is cool, but I seen him going the way of the Ewoks one day, with future fans arguing he was dumb and unnecessary... :lol

Yes! Endor version is on the horizon! Waiting for cleaner ROTJ scout. Very nice set though. Love the child expression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that helmet really IS off. Strange how neither company go the upper curve of the visor right. And in fact it almost looks like HT relied more on the Sideshow as a reference than the screen version.

Back