The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my extra Arthur, opened but something happened with this 3rd batch... skin is glossy and less detailed and it's really noticeable and he has a real big color difference from his head to body... Has anyone here who had the other batches notice the same thing? I'll buy another if it's just a fluke on mine. Doesn't hurt to have a third one ....

Last edited:
Just got my extra Arthur, opened but something happened with this 3rd batch... skin is glossy and less detailed and it's really noticeable and he has a real big color difference from his head to body... Has anyone here who had the other batches notice the same thing? I'll buy another if it's just a fluke on mine. Doesn't hurt to have a third one ....
Haven't noticed gloss on mine or any significant differences, just in general all the copies look different for me lol. Out of city rn gonna check when I'm back. I have two in this city from the third batch and 2 in my hometown from the second batch. Lets see if 2 from the third batch look the same. I briefly inspected to see if everything was alright.

Well, I'm real sad about the 3rd batch release, the differences are huge especially in hand... The one I have is the one with long hair though I don't need to explain cause you can clearly see the differences and btw as you all know it's even MORE obvious in person compared to pictures.
arthur.png

The scar on the cheek, chin, nose, wrinkles, lips resolution, and overall skin texture is so much softer.... :cry:

arthgurskin.png

And here's the difference between the body color and head, the one on the right, the body is completely white while the head is tanned and on the left it's perfectly matched.. (these are taken with the phone that's why the quality dropped first ones I used my camera but battery was dead)

You can see it better on the video here

I also bought an Arthur as a gift for my friend and that one is exactly the same so it's not just my figure with these issues. I was really excited about this and I still am but idk what happened with the third batch..

I wont lie I'm very disappointed right now.

Yeah seems more subtle in detail and lighter in skin tone. The first batch figures seemed more redish in skin and details a bit obvious. I was thinking it was more glossy like certain bodies fresh out the factory. This could also be lighting in your room as it seems very bright.

I compared head and body of my first batch Gunslinger with those from the third batch and could only see marginal differences. They look almost identical.

Well, I'm real sad about the 3rd batch release, the differences are huge especially in hand... The one I have is the one with long hair though I don't need to explain cause you can clearly see the differences and btw as you all know it's even MORE obvious in person compared to pictures.View attachment 665039

The scar on the cheek, chin, nose, wrinkles, lips resolution, and overall skin texture is so much softer.... :cry:

View attachment 665040

And here's the difference between the body color and head, the one on the right, the body is completely white while the head is tanned and on the left it's perfectly matched.. (these are taken with the phone that's why the quality dropped first ones I used my camera but battery was dead)

You can see it better on the video here
View attachment 665041

I also bought an Arthur as a gift for my friend and that one is exactly the same so it's not just my figure with these issues. I was really excited about this and I still am but idk what happened with the third batch..

I wont lie I'm very disappointed right now.
I should be getting mine today, curious to see if it will look any different.
I might add some more details using chalk pastels anyhow, so not really a big deal to me. Still, kinda odd batch #3 would have less details. It's usually the other way around.

Looks good to me. The scar might be a little less detailed overall but otherwise I think any differences between them are negligible - I can hardly tell what you are be seeing.

Scars always varies on my figires I have 4 of middle beard sculpt and they are all different. But yes I can see the softened sculpt on the picture.

Young Arthur unlocked? :monkey1

He is under the sun all day of course his face would be more tanned and body lighter as he is wearing clothes. So realistic daaamn. :monkey1

The first batch came out just nearly 2 years ago, in the meantime lots of things changed... After that long it's impossible to make anything exactly the same even if we do try but some things are bound to be different methods factories evolve and change equipment, workers, paint and materials.

And like others said every figure will have differences from each other, you are more likely to notice those differences with your third batch version if you compare it directly with your first batch but from what I've seen it seems like everyone receiving their third batch is happy, even chinese collectors who are the toughest crowd.

Just keep in mind the purpose of these batches is so people who still haven't gotten him have a reliable and affordable option as opposed to paying the ridiculous after market prices for the first batch version.

At the risk of sounding like some self indulged enlightened asshat, the instantaneous group gaslighting whenever someone makes observations, with proof, for a contrarian opinion is making every thread on this forum feel really old really fast lol.
Especially considering that beard stippling, there’s an obvious subtle downgrade even if it’s pretty damn inconsequential. It’s fine if you’re personally okay with it, but telling someone they’re wrong about what they’re seeing just comes off as white knighting for a product you like…
Makes perfect sense that there are factors contributing to inconsistencies since the original release which are out of LIMs’ control, but that would still be disappointing

At the risk of sounding like some self indulged enlightened asshat, the instantaneous group gaslighting whenever someone makes observations, with proof, for a contrarian opinion is making every thread on this forum feel really old really fast lol.
Especially considering that beard stippling, there’s an obvious subtle downgrade even if it’s pretty damn inconsequential. It’s fine if you’re personally okay with it, but telling someone they’re wrong about what they’re seeing just comes off as white knighting for a product you like…
Makes perfect sense that there are factors contributing to inconsistencies since the original release which are out of LIMs’ control, but that would still be disappointing
I wouldn't call you an asshat but you obviously have an issue with Lim, be it because of the delays, recent lack of communication or just personal preference, I've seen you even bringing Lim up in other threads to defend and compare to other products/brands and I don't see anybody gaslighting or coming to anybody's aid there , you're just sharing your opinion like people shared theirs here.

Anyway the stubble and skin tone are in fact lighter but the rest is pretty much the same, paint details vary from head to head, all my first batch heads have varying levels of shades on the scars, some darker, lighter, etc. Certain materials will also probably look different because the ones used for the first batch are no longer in production.

Here's some better pictures of a third batch sculpt and a comparison with the first batch head, it's not a 100% match but that would only be possible if we went back in time and took all the first batch sculpts for this run. I understand why @Klornamafern would be unhappy with these changes if they preferred the first batch head but I wouldn't consider this a massive donwgrade.
1695846605499.png

1695846612708.png

1695846622983.png

1695847186315.png

Very subtle difference I got mine and compared and tbf very subtle.

I've only ever had 2 minor gripes with this figure and that's the jacket being so dam tight and how the hat sits. As far as craftsmanship and value this is probably one of the best figures in 1:6! Detail is stunning and opening the 2nd one I found my self saying " ooooo" alot. 😂😂

I wouldn't call you an asshat but you obviously have an issue with Lim, be it because of the delays, recent lack of communication or just personal preference, I've seen you even bringing Lim up in other threads to defend and compare to other products/brands and I don't see anybody gaslighting or coming to anybody's aid there , you're just sharing your opinion like people shared theirs here.
Not that you really asked or really should care about my take, and I didn’t mean that happens every time, but it’s strangely more prevalent in InArt and LIM threads than elsewhere. Frustration at companies presenting without any communication and the rampant and uninformed fanboyism justifying them is my primary reason for being more snarky / hostile / facetious. I just don’t get it, even if the company’s are allegedly making these things out of “dedication to their favourite franchises” or whatever.
Obviously, I am definitely not a huge fan of the current LIM; as much as I respect or appreciate some of the end result products, but it’s also nothing too personal past that when I namedrop them and not personal against you, either.

I get there are multifaceted issues plaguing the industry as a whole right now, especially for third parties declaring to prioritise quality (I think also of Mars, SooSoo, and even Present Toys which instead took the easy way out and released a few rubbish figures to get the waits over with) which limits some of that. Conversely, the recent trend of InArt quickly addressing early proto issues loud and clear has made them be seen as a much more efficient manufacturer—even if it’s mainly to drum up more hype to spend that much money on their products. But not to draw comparisons or anything; I clearly understand that third party companies can’t loudly proclaim every update.

But I digress. I apologise for helping create this circular topic in a LIM thread yet again. Though I’ll also admit a lot of your more recent posts offering some explanations for factory/production issues and getting the releases out for this and the 1/12 tlou duo have definitely been more than enough reasons to encourage asshats to stop whining like I have.

Not that you really asked or really should care about my take, and I didn’t mean that happens every time, but it’s strangely more prevalent in InArt and LIM threads than elsewhere. Frustration at companies presenting without any communication and the rampant and uninformed fanboyism justifying them is my primary reason for being more snarky / hostile / facetious. I just don’t get it, even if the company’s are allegedly making these things out of “dedication to their favourite franchises” or whatever.
Obviously, I am definitely not a huge fan of the current LIM; as much as I respect or appreciate some of the end result products, but it’s also nothing too personal past that when I namedrop them and not personal against you, either.

I get there are multifaceted issues plaguing the industry as a whole right now, especially for third parties declaring to prioritise quality (I think also of Mars, SooSoo, and even Present Toys which instead took the easy way out and released a few rubbish figures to get the waits over with) which limits some of that. Conversely, the recent trend of InArt quickly addressing early proto issues loud and clear has made them be seen as a much more efficient manufacturer—even if it’s mainly to drum up more hype to spend that much money on their products. But not to draw comparisons or anything; I clearly understand that third party companies can’t loudly proclaim every update.

But I digress. I apologise for helping create this circular topic in a LIM thread yet again. Though I’ll also admit a lot of your more recent posts offering some explanations for factory/production issues and getting the releases out for this and the 1/12 tlou duo have definitely been more than enough reasons to encourage asshats to stop whining like I have.
Can't say about InArt but I've definitely seen lots of criticism thrown Lim's away, especially since I went dark and every thread basically turned into a complaint central with one or two people trying to justify the delays. Call it fanboysim if you want but for every 1 fanboy there was 1 "hostile" and "facetious" person like yourself (as you proclaimed yourself to be) just pouring salt in the wound bringing up the same things over and over.
You made it clear you aren't a fan and that is why I also don't understand why you "care" about other people's opinions regarding these products, be those opinions negative or positive, all I know is you are here when it comes to the negative side as usual, "playing devil's advocate", I'm sure it's not personal but you clearly get something out of it, be it to prove the fanboys wrong or just find another reason to further dislike LIM. Of course I'm not the thought police and I can't stop you from sharing your negative opinions and I'm not mad at you for sharing them, I just don't understand why you don't see the hypocrisy here when it comes to letting others share their positive thoughts?

You might think you do but you don't, none of you really do. Everything, sculpts, accessories, clothes, whatever, it all requires multiple steps where it's easy to make mistakes, I wouldn't say those brands release trash it's just that the manufacturing process is a very complex and gruelling process that requires constant attention and appraisal, not to mention the thousands of dollars that have to be poured into production just to fix any issues that might occur which is why sometimes certain brands don't do it because it would come at a loss, especially for self funded third party operations working alongside multiple other brands like them. InArt is the same in this regard they aren't special, they falter too, I've read many posts on chinese forums and here detailing the QC issues and differences between their Joker batches, they share factories with third party brands, the factory that roots hair on their figures is open to other companies I think what sets them apart is that they like LIM are have a clear "dedication to their favourite franchises" and of course they have license which will always elevate them third parties but I suppose that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of it all, only the final product's quality matters.

The "whining" is why I post more frequently, I could've saved my time instead of wasting it writing paragraphs to a stranger on the internet but I do understand there's folks who still believe in LIM and have felt my lack of activity and engagement is a bad sign but I just do not have the same energy anymore and when there's so much skepticism and criticism not just here but everywhere else there's no point in talking about "dedication to favourite franchises" or how we are doing our best to release a good figure as you pointed out. I'd rather let the final products speak for themselves and hope their wait is worth it in the end because these words are meaningless to most until they are holding something in their hand that can corroborate them.

FWIW, I'm in an industry that people criticize and wonder why we didn't just do that thing, feature, or request because to them it's so simple in their head. So I understand the challenges LIM has. At the end of the day, LIM is doing some wonderful things other companies don't do. Sure there's always room for improvement, however without LIM trying to find exciting ideas that go beyond the typical Hot Toys topic, I'm glad they are doing what they do and I'm willing to wait to make sure it's done right. I'll always support creators and crafters who are dedicated to quality and thoughtfulness as fans themselves.

I do love seeing the little updates R_R_X and other LIM people share to help readers here understand the progress and get glimpses at the product.

Can't say about InArt but I've definitely seen lots of criticism thrown Lim's away, especially since I went dark and every thread basically turned into a complaint central with one or two people trying to justify the delays. Call it fanboysim if you want but for every 1 fanboy there was 1 "hostile" and "facetious" person like yourself (as you proclaimed yourself to be) just pouring salt in the wound bringing up the same things over and over.
You made it clear you aren't a fan and that is why I also don't understand why you "care" about other people's opinions regarding these products, be those opinions negative or positive, all I know is you are here when it comes to the negative side as usual, "playing devil's advocate", I'm sure it's not personal but you clearly get something out of it, be it to prove the fanboys wrong or just find another reason to further dislike LIM. Of course I'm not the thought police and I can't stop you from sharing your negative opinions and I'm not mad at you for sharing them, I just don't understand why you don't see the hypocrisy here when it comes to letting others share their positive thoughts?

You might think you do but you don't, none of you really do. Everything, sculpts, accessories, clothes, whatever, it all requires multiple steps where it's easy to make mistakes, I wouldn't say those brands release trash it's just that the manufacturing process is a very complex and gruelling process that requires constant attention and appraisal, not to mention the thousands of dollars that have to be poured into production just to fix any issues that might occur which is why sometimes certain brands don't do it because it would come at a loss, especially for self funded third party operations working alongside multiple other brands like them. InArt is the same in this regard they aren't special, they falter too, I've read many posts on chinese forums and here detailing the QC issues and differences between their Joker batches, they share factories with third party brands, the factory that roots hair on their figures is open to other companies I think what sets them apart is that they like LIM are have a clear "dedication to their favourite franchises" and of course they have license which will always elevate them third parties but I suppose that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of it all, only the final product's quality matters.

The "whining" is why I post more frequently, I could've saved my time instead of wasting it writing paragraphs to a stranger on the internet but I do understand there's folks who still believe in LIM and have felt my lack of activity and engagement is a bad sign but I just do not have the same energy anymore and when there's so much skepticism and criticism not just here but everywhere else there's no point in talking about "dedication to favourite franchises" or how we are doing our best to release a good figure as you pointed out. I'd rather let the final products speak for themselves and hope their wait is worth it in the end because these words are meaningless to most until they are holding something in their hand that can corroborate them.
Thank you for what you and your colleagues have done and continue to do.

Can't say about InArt but I've definitely seen lots of criticism thrown Lim's away
I didn’t mean the criticism there, I was talking more the frequency of opposition to it.
Lol, no, that’s not my angle whatsoever. I’ll whine but don’t throw things out of proportion. It’s also not being hypocritical because I’m not telling everyone and everything is wrong if opinions rooted in actual facts are being offered. I don’t entertain the blind faith opposite end of the conversation, but I’m not disingenuously gaslighting directly against anyone for it.

Anyway, I happen to like most of the games that LIM figures are based on, and I’m not adamantly against buying anything from LIM like others here might be; I’ve mostly only criticised—again, admittedly facetiously—the “business decision” side of things and gauge responses. I genuinely don’t think I’ve only played devil’s advocate when I’ve also inserted genuine observation and discussion pertaining to products I may or may not be interested in purchasing.

That’s why I “care” about people’s opinions here; so that my own perspective and willingness to purchase products I want to want to buy can evolve based on the discussions… but only when the production and any factory QC issues are ironed out—which is the prevailing issue I have and only the aforementioned results and releases can convince that resolution.

Also, the “I trust LIM and everything is so good!!!” and “OMG this place is full of toxic crybabies!!!” replies whenever an iota of perceived negativity occurs, dismissing possible introspective as simple blind hate, proves my point and serves only to further the environment I mentioned in my original post.

Last edited:
Back