The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we can't assume anything. I'm sure the retailer will let people know when their stock arrives. If you just paid a deposit, they'll invoice you for the rest when they get the figure in. That's what Kit does.

About that Gunslinger 1/6 figure...

200 (13).gif

I did spot the Limtoys company boat though...

leonardo-di-caprio-cocaine.gif

I can only guess that LIM Toys and R_R_X has VTS' Red Death for comparison. I wonder how different in the smaller details they are. Aside from VTS' not-so-hot head sculpts, I'm curious about the articulation and clothing quality comparisons.

I'm half on the fence to try and grab a re-release of Red Death in case I'm not able to track down a Gunslinger. One could cross-share parts to uplift the quality to Red Death to have a winter and summer scene for Arthur, as well.

I can only guess that LIM Toys and R_R_X has VTS' Red Death for comparison. I wonder how different in the smaller details they are. Aside from VTS' not-so-hot head sculpts, I'm curious about the articulation and clothing quality comparisons.

I'm half on the fence to try and grab a re-release of Red Death in case I'm not able to track down a Gunslinger. One could cross-share parts to uplift the quality to Red Death to have a winter and summer scene for Arthur, as well.

Based on the prototype photos and the update photos we've gotten since then, I think that LIM's clothes are tailored a bit better. VTS' clothes look very "1:6", while LIM's looks a bit more realistic, if that makes sense. The details also look nicer on LIM's, with the clothes looking more weathered and the colors (especially on the shirt) look more accurate. I think LIM said that they were updating the clothes as well, so if that's the case then this could change, but considering the quality of everything else we've seen, I doubt the clothes would be any different.

In terms of articulation, we don't really know what the comparison would be, since LIM sculpted a new torso piece for Arthur's bulky physique. Judging from the photos we've gotten, it looks to be one piece, so that might hinder the ab crunch.

In terms of the heads, I don't think it's any contest. Not only is LIM's sculpt and paint far more accurate, but they're also including an extra head with a long beard (and a separate short beard head if you ordered that), and additional hair pieces for different lengths. VTS may have a John Marston head, but since LIM has teased a John figure, I really don't think that's a major plus for the VTS figure.

One thing the VTS figure has going for it in comparison are the amount of accessories. LIM certainly aren't skimping, but the VTS figure has a few things that LIM doesn't have:
- a Carbine Repeater
- a detonator box
- a bundle of dynamite
- a raccoon hat
- a money bag
- a fish
- an additional green Shotgun coat

Of course, these aren't dealbreakers, but they're nice if you value having a multitude of accessories for your figures.

VTS vs LIM.png
121163396_817556149013804_4750396788516028103_o.jpg
121167193_817556405680445_3407491283641912175_o.jpg

Last edited:
Might be the first 1/6 body that wasn’t a TrueType to have sculpted nipples. :rotfl

The TrueType wasn't even the first body to have sculpted nipples. The ill-fated Triad Toys EVA/EVA bodies had sculpted nipples. To be fair, those bodies were ahead of their time, but that's another discussion. Apart from that, I think all of the World Box and Phicen/TBLeague bodies have sculpted details all over ...

Last edited:
I hope Lim Toys can do Rockstar GTA figures of a Tommy Vercetti and CJ since the Definitive Edition is coming out next month, though I know it would take some time.
Good luck finding one of those gta III Claude 1/6 figures that where limited edition licensed by actual RS.

The whole 'pleather' phenomenon is simply a meme at this point. It happens to a handful of people. I'm not denying it happens, but it happens to such a small minority of people, based on how many figures are produced, that it's just a joke that it's become such a big deal.

People in the FB groups act like it's a 100% guarantee. I had the original Winter Soldier since release up until a month ago, and he was still pristine.
I ended up getting about a year ago the hot toys aldo raine figure that was released back In 2011 everything was in great condition except the pleather satchel as soon as I took It out of the box it turned to bits and pieces thankfully I haven't had any other problems with pleather material yet

Back