The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe some?

On the topic of JM as you all know we had a poll and the response was pretty much 50/50 regarding which version people preferred, with a tiny difference in favor for the first game version, I'm a huge fan of the character and his look in the frst game is instantly iconic, I found his design in the second game to be lackluster and even lazy in some areas (reusing Arthur's hair) but thankfully with mods you can restore his appearance to make him look like a current gen version of the character, that's what we would base our work off, not the actual epilogue design with Arthur's hair.

Now I don't know when this will be announced but I can say he will have the iconic outfit everyone knows and loves, he will have two heads to represent both games with their respective hair styles and there will be cool accessories exclusive to the character, he's been my most wanted figure since 2010, so make of that what you will.
Phew, was scared all this talk about JM was gonna lead to you saying that we were only getting RDR2 John.

I've been on team RDR1 John for a long time. It does shock me that so many wanted RDR2 John when his RDR1 is more iconic and better looking. Glad that you guys are going the 2 sculpt and separate outfit route.

I just want John in his RDR1 outfit with his rifle slung behind his back. It's distinctive and not just a copy of what Arthur wore.

quDa2Bw.jpg

Back when I created my “Jim Milton” i used a hot toys slim body for the main purpose of layering, because JM has a lot of layers to his outfit if you really dissect everything, plus I’ve made the duster coat from a 90s 1/6 gi-joe figure, and the Mexican poncho from weathered canvas just as accessories.
I’m really looking forward to getting the game accurate gloves from this gunslinger figure to really complete my JMs look.

I wonder how his rifle stayed on his back in the first one. Because it looks like it just hangs in that slot.

The real John Marston from RDR2 is the NPC character model and not the playable version. The playable version was just a cheap way Rockstar found to re-use almost everything from Arthur and not do things from scratch. It looks horrible.

Yeah, but no one wants a figure of the NPC version of John, and if they do, they are ... ahem ... 'misguided' :monkey3

I don't think he means NPC John in terms of the whole model (including the outfit), just the face. NPC John's face is much more accurate than playable John since they modified John so much to reuse Arthur's animations, hair, weight stats, etc.

And if for whatever reason, if some people actually like Johns rdr2 ****** design, you can just always grab a sharpie and paint this Arthur figures hair and beard black and call it a day.

I don't think he means NPC John in terms of the whole model (including the outfit), just the face. NPC John's face is much more accurate than playable John since they modified John so much to reuse Arthur's animations, hair, weight stats, etc.

View attachment 541698

That's a bingo!

His NPC face looks accurate for what a younger John would look like.

Where do you think I could get the material to replicate Arthur’s Guarma outfit? (Including the rifle?

I’ve been to the rdr2 midnight release on 2018 October 26, but it would be a full circle thing if i can get my hands on this figure by then. 🙏

Maybe, whatever, I expect the only way you'll know now is when your retailer tells you he's shipped.
Well at this point it seems as though I’ll need to change the address since I’m moving in 2 weeks. Which means this will be the first figure for the new house!!

Back