The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the accessories and heads are DONE, now final tweaks are being done to the clothes and then everything will be checked one final time, it will very, very likely release this month, we're already starting to shift production focus to our other figures.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! So I’m guessing final product pics will be in a few days?

Hey R_R_X, I know posting pictures of the figure and tagging RS is bad, but if Rodger Clark is going to be at a convention or something is it okay if we ask him to sign the packaging?

Hey R_R_X, I know posting pictures of the figure and tagging RS is bad, but if Rodger Clark is going to be at a convention or something is it okay if we ask him to sign the packaging?
Drawing the attention of people affiliated with Rockstar is probably not a good idea. It may impact future releases like John Marston.

It sounds like you don't understand the morally gray area these figures operate in.

Roger Clark should be getting paid for these figures. That's what licensing is. That's why other licensed figures are more expensive.

Showing him this thing is essentially rubbing it in his face that people are stealing from him.

Since you seem pretty committed to being a ******** about this topic, let me explain a sequence of events that could play out to be very real.

1. You, despite MANY people telling you not to, bring the figure to show Roger and get autographed
2. Roger takes it one of three ways.
----1. He's incredibly flattered, thinks it's cool and praises the Red Dead community
----2. He's incredibly annoyed that he's not getting paid royalties on a character he played and complains to R*
----3. He likes it and innocently says something to someone at R* and a previously forgotten issue becomes a problem for the second time, which is the most likely scenario.
3. R* begins to research this figure getting out and someone making money on their IP
4. R* finds out it's Limtoys
5. R* sues Limtoys
6. Limtoys takes a financial beating, and never makes a Marston or other RDR figure
7. It's entirely your fault and you've impacted an incredible amount of people because you were selfish.

Seriously, stop it. EVERYONE is telling you to leave it alone. Get a copy of the game or picture signed. Leave this at home.

There's other ways you can steer fan enthusiasm without stomping on it. And honestly, if someone shows up to a convention with a figure to sign, I don't think Roger is going to remember the details after 100s of fans have him sign other stuff to go out of his way to tell Rockstar (despite what he's done in the past).

If someone parades it around Twitter with "@Roger please like this", then yeah that's being dumb and sabotaging future possibilities.

This figure has been advertised for awhile and VT's Red Death has been out in the wild for months. Rockstar already knows about it. There's also those GTA figures and GTA makes a crap load more $$ than RDR. So Rockstar won't do much unless it's a mass of people asking. And I don't think the 10s not 100s of people who're on this board are wise enough not to amass some campaign for Roger to sign their figure at a specific convention.

I'm simply happy the figure is almost done, it's top quality, everyone's going to want one who doesn't have one pre-ordered (sadly I didn't pre-order it).

:)

Would Roger Clark even receive royalties for any RDR2 figures? I'm not sure he would.

Since you seem pretty committed to being a ******** about this topic, let me explain a sequence of events that could play out to be very real.

1. You, despite MANY people telling you not to, bring the figure to show Roger and get autographed
2. Roger takes it one of three ways.
----1. He's incredibly flattered, thinks it's cool and praises the Red Dead community
----2. He's incredibly annoyed that he's not getting paid royalties on a character he played and complains to R*
----3. He likes it and innocently says something to someone at R* and a previously forgotten issue becomes a problem for the second time, which is the most likely scenario.
3. R* begins to research this figure getting out and someone making money on their IP
4. R* finds out it's Limtoys
5. R* sues Limtoys
6. Limtoys takes a financial beating, and never makes a Marston or other RDR figure
7. It's entirely your fault and you've impacted an incredible amount of people because you were selfish.

Seriously, stop it. EVERYONE is telling you to leave it alone. Get a copy of the game or picture signed. Leave this at home.
I never said I was going to do it. I’m asking him if it would be ok to do IF Rodger is at a convention. If R_R_X says not to do it then I won’t. Calm down.

Would Roger Clark even receive royalties for any RDR2 figures? I'm not sure he would.
I think it varies. Sometimes actors get royalties for the use of their likeness but I wouldn’t know.

There's other ways you can steer fan enthusiasm without stomping on it. And honestly, if someone shows up to a convention with a figure to sign, I don't think Roger is going to remember the details after 100s of fans have him sign other stuff to go out of his way to tell Rockstar (despite what he's done in the past).

If someone parades it around Twitter with "@Roger please like this", then yeah that's being dumb and sabotaging future possibilities.

This figure has been advertised for awhile and VT's Red Death has been out in the wild for months. Rockstar already knows about it. There's also those GTA figures and GTA makes a crap load more $$ than RDR. So Rockstar won't do much unless it's a mass of people asking. And I don't think the 10s not 100s of people who're on this board are wise enough not to amass some campaign for Roger to sign their figure at a specific convention.

I'm simply happy the figure is almost done, it's top quality, everyone's going to want one who doesn't have one pre-ordered (sadly I didn't pre-order it).

:)
I think there was one officially licensed GTA figure like 10 years ago

I’m afraid it’s only inevitable until someone does. I just hope it doesn’t impact future releases
I think a few people will say something. I know people have sent Rodger pictures of figures that they’ve made themselves and he’s commented on them. So unless someone directly tags LIMTOYS and RS then he could think it’s just another custom.

I never said I was going to do it. I’m asking him if it would be ok to do IF Rodger is at a convention. If R_R_X says not to do it then I won’t. Calm down.
You’ve been explicitly told by both RRX and at least ten members of this group not to do it. Yet you brought it up again. The answer is still going to be no. Just knock it off.

And his name is ROGER. We’re not talking about the Packers QB.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! So I’m guessing final product pics will be in a few days?
I didn't say that but they'll very likely be out this month.
I think it's best to just avoid any kind of interaction since RC himself has already tried to shut us down once, I understand the enthusiasm but I don't think he would appreciate it the way you think he will, but I can't force you to do anything and I won't be able to control anyone from tweeting or sharing the fig with other parties when it's out.

Back