The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my humble opinion if they ain't sure about a release date they shouldn't be making statements like it will release next month, especially when a product has been delayed so many times. It was to release after Chinese New year and that didn't happen. Then they said Q2 and there was a post specifically mentioning June and honestly by the way things are looking this isn't happening either. I know it's a difficult period due to Covid and everything, but the communication part could be better.
This month still has two weeks left, complain after that.

In my humble opinion if they ain't sure about a release date they shouldn't be making statements like it will release next month, especially when a product has been delayed so many times. It was to release after Chinese New year and that didn't happen. Then they said Q2 and there was a post specifically mentioning June and honestly by the way things are looking this isn't happening either. I know it's a difficult period due to Covid and everything, but the communication part could be better.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you haven't been a sixth scale collector for very long. Everything you just said is normal in this hobby. Figures are delayed ALL THE TIME. This is not an isolated incident.

If you're not new to this, you're being incredibly dramatic. If it's not out by the end of July then you can panic. But the delays mean they are working hard on making it as good as it can be. That's a good thing in this hobby. Trust me.

LOL, the original release date was estimated between Q4 2019 to Q1 2020. By that logic, every complaint over the past 13 months is valid.
That was before Rockstar got involved and almost shut the project down. Then when they got things back up and running, covid happened.

Everyone needs to calm down. This hasn't been an ordinary production cycle by any stretch.

That was before Rockstar got involved and almost shut the project down. Then when they got things back up and running, covid happened.

Everyone needs to calm down. This hasn't been an ordinary production cycle by any stretch.

Rockstar didn't do ****. LIM pulled the listing because they got scared, or to generate hype. VTS announced theirs after and delivered theirs before. Stop making excuses.

I mean we’ll all get it eventually here shortly so it doesn’t matter if it’s instantaneously, but deep down we all would like it to be here but it is what it is, i suppose.

VTS also looks like ****, I wouldn't consider that the standard to compare the LIM version again.

Oof! That's harsh!

If I could guarantee that all figures were going to be as "****" as VTS, I'd be pretty happy. lol

50958889993_13dfed5068_z.jpg

50959853611_fc82854442_o.jpg

50997842146_815f8f8a85_o.jpg

It would be fairer to say that LiM are shaping up to be the winning option.

The Colt .45 SAAs are the nicest I've seen in sculpt and paint application, and the same with the Winchester Yellowboy. The Spencer carbine is also a rarity in 1/6.

VTS has rarely disappointed me since earlier days when some of the work produced under the DAM brand left a bit to be desired. Such as the infuriating situation of weapon attachments that wouldn't stay attached because there wasn't enough friction, and pieces not staying attached to the figure. By contrast, their Arthur/John is a solid figure giving the confidence of quality.

However, I'm in a different boat if it's with reference to sculpt accuracy since I have no attachment to the game itself. It's about building a collection of western characters that appeal, and it was LiM's outstanding promotional photos that sent me down the RDR road. I don't mind who they look like.

Same story with The Hateful Eight. I didn't really like the film, and downright hated some it, but Asmus' first two figures were very appealing. Again, there was a rare weapon with The Hangman's Remington 1858 'Cattleman's Carbine'.

Receiving the VTS and creating figures from it was a fun experience, and I look forward to more of the same when the LiM pair arrive.

RandomHero said:
Everyone is so impatient.

I can agree with that.

The global pandemic has impacted on everything for such a long time, causing slow downs to complete shut downs in China where employees were prohibited from returning to work in the factories. Not to mention the uncertainty of predicting the future, which was, of course, never 100% in normal times.

I’ve got the VTS as well. Really a nice figure with lots of accessories and clothing options for display. Not in the least disappointed.

Would agree “****” is WAY off base.

I have the LIM as well on pre-order (years now…) and looking forward to it as well.

I usually try to keep my mouth shut but I feel like I have to chime in and say my piece.

First of all the making of this figure has been a constant uphill battle, from the moment it was announced until this year there has always been things that slowed us down, and yes one of those things was [redacted], and on top of it all we decided to do an overhaul of pretty much the entire figure, because we wanted to deliver something truly special and honor the source material which we love so much, but sometimes I think we should've just released the prototype and moved on because the ammount of negativity and toxic messages and comments thrown our way is staggering, so much so that I had to close my inbox, for the few here that give us support there's a hundred others that take the time out of their day to let us know just how much they hate us for the long delays, it's easy to forget there's people just like you all behind a brand, not just me and the others of the team, but hundreds of factory workers who have suffered personal loss in the past year due to the difficult times we find ourselves in.

As far as the whole VTS vs LIM thing, we know they announced after and released before us but respectfully, the figures aren't even comparable, I'm extremely confident in my work and the work of the team, because we did this figure as passionate fans and we've all spent countless hours making sure it lives up to the expectations that've been set, wether someone likes one better than the other is a matter of personal taste.

That's what I have to say, I don't care what's anyones personal opinion of me and the brand, we have one goal and we're gonna stick to it, our estimates have been wrong but one thing is certain, the release has never been this close and everyone's patience will be rewarded, so please be kind to each other here and stay safe.

I usually try to keep my mouth shut but I feel like I have to chime in and say my piece.

First of all the making of this figure has been a constant uphill battle, from the moment it was announced until this year there has always been things that slowed us down, and yes one of those things was [redacted], and on top of it all we decided to do an overhaul of pretty much the entire figure, because we wanted to deliver something truly special and honor the source material which we love so much, but sometimes I think we should've just released the prototype and moved on because the ammount of negativity and toxic messages and comments thrown our way is staggering, so much so that I had to close my inbox, for the few here that give us support there's a hundred others that take the time out of their day to let us know just how much they hate us for the long delays, it's easy to forget there's people just like you all behind a brand, not just me and the others of the team, but hundreds of factory workers who have suffered personal loss in the past year due to the difficult times we find ourselves in.

As far as the whole VTS vs LIM thing, we know they announced after and released before us but respectfully, the figures aren't even comparable, I'm extremely confident in my work and the work of the team, because we did this figure as passionate fans and we've all spent countless hours making sure it lives up to the expectations that've been set, wether someone likes one better than the other is a matter of personal taste.

That's what I have to say, I don't care what's anyones personal opinion of me and the brand, we have one goal and we're gonna stick to it, our estimates have been wrong but one thing is certain, the release has never been this close and everyone's patience will be rewarded, so please be kind to each other here and stay safe.

I don't think [redacted] ever has any true love for their subject matter. The source is just an opportunity for profit, and sometimes, even when it's a good, well made figure, there will be something that's glaringly off. Either because they didn't spend enough time on research, or because they saw a more economical alternative. e.g., the reversed holsters on the Revenger, which they repeated on the Ultimate version; the tiny body on Furiosa.

Regardless, they're good figures in their own right, but not true to their sources.

Since I don't care about RDR as such, the deviations here don't bother me as it would somebody who actually got into the games.

However, because you have a passion for the subject matter, and have gone the extra mile or two, it will without a doubt make for a better figure.

I don't think [redacted] ever has any true love for their subject matter. The source is just an opportunity for profit, and sometimes, even when it's a good, well made figure, there will be something that's glaringly off. Either because they didn't spend enough time on research, or because they saw a more economical alternative. e.g., the reversed holsters on the Revenger; the tiny body on Furiosa.

Regardless, they're good figures in their own right, but not true to their sources.

Since I don't care about RDR as such, the deviations here don't bother me as it would somebody who actually got into the games.

However, because you have a passion for the subject matter, and have gone the extra mile or two, it will without a doubt make for a better figure.
[redacted] is something else haha, but thank you for the support, as always!

[redacted] is something else haha, but thank you for the support, as always!

:lol

Now I understand what you meant.

I conflated [redacted] with the "overhaul" you did, and skipped the bit where you wrote "and on top of it all". :slap

[redacted] refers to something I wrote in my post - as you can see, even the company rep is taking precautions by not mentioning their name still. They were a big problem in the production of the figure as they're very protective of their IP. I'm just glad LIM is still able to get it out. Yeah, communication on their end could have been better at times, but it's not like you get more out of Hot Toys or Damtoys or whoever else. Very few sixth scale companies actually update the customers along the way.

I think it would do LIM a lot of good to make sure this figure does release within the next two weeks but ultimately they're putting pride and their best effort into a beloved figure and that matters more to me.

[redacted] refers to something I wrote in my post - as you can see, even the company rep is taking precautions by not mentioning their name still. They were a big problem in the production of the figure as they're very protective of their IP.

Yes, that became apparent on going back and re-reading R_R_X's post with less haste. :lol

There was that issue, and there was also the issue when VTS promoted their version in such a way it looked like they were trying to steal LiM's thunder.

The style and layout of their promo photos mimicked LiM's, and there was brand confusion on Facebook pages, especially from people who'd heard of the 'fabled figure' but never got to order because it swiftly went underground due to the first issue.

Hence there wasn't much information available to those who hadn't been paying attention - as in not every buyer is so involved that they know the various company names. Even when the VTS released and photos were posted some assumed it was the 'fabled figure' they'd missed out on.

It's been a rocky road...

I'm just glad LIM is still able to get it out. Yeah, communication on their end could have been better at times, but it's not like you get more out of Hot Toys or Damtoys or whoever else. Very few sixth scale companies actually update the customers along the way.

Sometimes it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. A toss up between a silence that leaves customers (and often the retailers) in the dark; or news that doesn't bear fruit due to unforeseen circumstances, which ends up making some feel as though they were lied to.

RandomHero said:
I think it would do LIM a lot of good to make sure this figure does release within the next two weeks but ultimately they're putting pride and their best effort into a beloved figure and that matters more to me.

And that's the other toss up. I'm with you on the latter position: later and better is preferable to earlier and not so good.

For the sake of those that got into the game I want it to be as accurate as possible, and while that isn't important to me as such, it will mean that a lot of care will have gone into the production of it, which should make it a better figure.

You have support here! Make your figures the best they can be! As someone who loves the character, I decided to get this figure, because it was the closest to Arthur. And to have it look even better than the prototype is amazing! Hopefully there isn't as many setbacks next time!

Rockstar didn't do ****. LIM pulled the listing because they got scared, or to generate hype. VTS announced theirs after and delivered theirs before. Stop making excuses.
No, dude. They did receive, as I remember, a C&D order because someone shared the pics on twitter and asking the actors of the characters about it and also "that company". That's why we are like this. Why they didn't go after the other company? I don't know!

Last edited:
Back