The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't an update, I just want to thank those who have stuck by us through these two long years, seeing samples of the final product with so much of my work in it is a one of a kind experience that makes me feel like a kid again, there was so much passion involved in making this figure, so much hard work, countless hours of conversations, open programs, so much you guys don't know, to finally see the fruits of our labor makes me so excited to see you all finally get it in hand and hopefuly appreciate it and love it as much as we do, the wait is almost over guys!

This isn't an update, I just want to thank those who have stuck by us through these two long years, seeing samples of the final product with so much of my work in it is a one of a kind experience that makes me feel like a kid again, there was so much passion involved in making this figure, so much hard work, countless hours of conversations, open programs, so much you guys don't know, to finally see the fruits of our labor makes me so excited to see you all finally get it in hand and hopefuly appreciate it and love it as much as we do, the wait is almost over guys!

I have no doubt the wait will have been well worth it. :)

Like I said a while back, i already had a very long journey with Arthur in game when I went to the midnight release and when I had tears flowing down my face at the final ride of the game. But I will continue to work hard and have a steady income for my family and when the time comes I’ll get my boah Arthur in my hands and reunite with him even after what happened on that fateful mountain.

Would be nice if LIM could expedite shipping to their retailers as a thank you for your patience...especially Toy Origins ;):ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, I am very excited for this. The long journey with Arthur Morgan left many of us connected with the character. He felt more friend than fiction by his last ride, which like so many others, I absolutely sobbed through. I haven't been moved like that since Aloy found Elizabet Sobeck's body at the end of Horizon Zero Dawn and haven't cried from a video game since the ending of Black Flag. I can't wait to have a sixth scale figure to remind myself of all those feelings and memories Arthur provided me.

Hope the final product photos will drop any day now. And I hope there will be more from LIM...maybe with a little less production time haha. Assuming John Marston is next, but hope there will be Sadie, Dutch and Charles to follow.

I'm posting this here since it's relevant but it also applies to our daily life, as of July 1st the VAT rules will change for commerce in countries of the European Union, here is the full document:
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/modernising-vat-cross-border-ecommerce_enLong story short, if you are in the EU and you order a figure from China, US, etc, you will no longer be exempt from paying import tax if the item is below a certain value, this will prove to be a royal pain in the ass if you recieve a package from online retailers which are usually marked with a low value to avoid import tax and then have to present a receipt with the actual price you paid, I advise anyone in the EU who has ordered this figure or any others for that matter, to look into this and talk with your retailer about it as they often will mark their packages as low value as I've said before, aside from that this will cause additional delays on top of Covid related ones, which is all beyond our control, I hope this helps some of you.

I'm posting this here since it's relevant but it also applies to our daily life, as of July 1st the VAT rules will change for commerce in countries of the European Union, here is the full document:
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/modernising-vat-cross-border-ecommerce_enLong story short, if you are in the EU and you order a figure from China, US, etc, you will no longer be exempt from paying import tax if the item is below a certain value, this will prove to be a royal pain in the ass if you recieve a package from online retailers which are usually marked with a low value to avoid import tax and then have to present a receipt with the actual price you paid, I advise anyone in the EU who has ordered this figure or any others for that matter, to look into this and talk with your retailer about it as they often will mark their packages as low value as I've said before, aside from that this will cause additional delays on top of Covid related ones, which is all beyond our control, I hope this helps some of you.
So if you release the Gunslinger this month but the shipment arrives in the EU after July 4th it'll have to go to customs first. That's a bummer. Αfter all this wait we will have to wait another 2+weeks for customs inspection. This situation can be saved only if the supplier marks it as a gift. Most of the times they don't bother inspecting these packages.

This situation can be saved only if the supplier marks it as a gift. Most of the times they don't bother inspecting these packages.

This is the same for the UK. HMRC scrapped the Low Value Consignment Relief, which allowed commercial goods valued at £15 or less to pass through without VAT.

The only alternative is the Gift allowance, which is now £39.

Just good ol' Governments constantly trying to find more ways to steal your hard earned money.

It's not like we have much choice but to import a lot these items.

Just good ol' Governments constantly trying to find more ways to steal your hard earned money.

Since Covid and the disruption to deliveries I've tried to buy more from the UK, especially when the grey market price isn't too far off (or sometimes even equal to) the Hong Kong price.

But, as you wrote, there are some things you just can't source here.

It's limited the things I buy since I've written off overseas eBay sellers, who I've read have been getting bad rep recently for failing to supply product that they're listing as in stock when it isn't. eBay apparently also add the customs tax up front.

I have the trusted Hong Kong retailers I've used for years (KGH, OSK, and TNS to a lesser extent), and continue with the same arrangement as before.

So if you release the Gunslinger this month but the shipment arrives in the EU after July 4th it'll have to go to customs first. That's a bummer. Αfter all this wait we will have to wait another 2+weeks for customs inspection. This situation can be saved only if the supplier marks it as a gift. Most of the times they don't bother inspecting these packages.
Sadly so, it specifies that no matter the date of the purchase, if it arrives in your country after the given date, you will have to wait for custom inspection and be taxed accordingly.
This is the same for the UK. HMRC scrapped the Low Value Consignment Relief, which allowed commercial goods valued at £15 or less to pass through without VAT.

The only alternative is the Gift allowance, which is now £39.
Really? I thought the UK had more leeway with that now that it's out of the EU, Gift allowance doesn't work here either, it's an even bigger pain to deal with it since they will open whatever said gift is and tax whatever they deem to be the correct value, I'm not even joking.

:lectureNext we'll be paying to recieve our goddamn written mail.

Since Covid and the disruption to deliveries I've tried to buy more from the UK, especially when the grey market price isn't too far off (or sometimes even equal to) the Hong Kong price.

But, as you wrote, there are some things you just can't source here.

It's limited the things I buy since I've written off overseas eBay sellers, who I've read have been getting bad rep recently for failing to supply product that they're listing as in stock when it isn't. eBay apparently also add the customs tax up front.

I have the trusted Hong Kong retailers I've used for years (KGH, OSK, and TNS to a lesser extent), and continue with the same arrangement as before.
I've only used the retailers you listed as well with said arrangement in place but seems like that will come to an end as of July 1st since no matter what, you'll get taxed anyway, was good while it lasted I guess, I'm just saying this in the hopes people in the EU are prepared to deal with this crap and have matching receipts so they can recieve their figures.

People are reporting that they now have to pay Import Duties from Toys Wonderlands now, which I never had to do previously, so seems like it's the beginning of the end for dodging fees. May as well order official figures from Sideshow now.

Really? I thought the UK had more leeway with that now that it's out of the EU, Gift allowance doesn't work here either, it's an even bigger pain to deal with it since they will open whatever said gift is and tax whatever they deem to be the correct value, I'm not even joking.

The UK brought the new ruling into operation 1st January 2021.

They also require every company that sells to UK customers to create a VAT account with the UK to collect the tax up front for goods valued at less than £135.

For imports of goods from outside the UK in consignments not exceeding £135 in value (which aligns with the threshold for customs duty liability), we will be moving the point at which VAT is collected from the point of importation to the point of sale. This will mean that UK supply VAT, rather than import VAT, will be due on these consignments.

The new arrangements will also involve the abolition of Low Value Consignment Relief, which relieves import VAT on consignments of goods valued at £15 or less.

Online marketplaces (OMPs), where they are involved in facilitating the sale, will be responsible for collecting and accounting for the VAT.

For goods sent from overseas and sold directly to UK consumers without OMP involvement, the overseas seller will be required to register and account for the VAT to HMRC.

At present the usual sellers have made no changes and things are continuing as before.

People are reporting that they now have to pay Import Duties from Toys Wonderlands now, which I never had to do previously, so seems like it's the beginning of the end for dodging fees. May as well order official figures from Sideshow now.
That seems have something to do with the DHL service they use which I strongly recommend against since their import fees seem to be randomized and nonsensical, the last figure I got from KGHobby with EMS shipping arrived with no issues, but if you're in the EU yeah there's really no reason to keep using other sites unless you collect a lot of unlicensed stuff.

Last edited:

I read that they now value everything correctly, because they had a case where an under-valued item went missing.

Also read that people have been getting ridiculously high shipping charges - even far higher than the cost of the Hot Toys figure itself.

The UK brought the new ruling into operation 1st January 2021.

They also require every company that sells to UK customers to create a VAT account with the UK to collect the tax up front for goods valued at less than £135.

At present the usual sellers have made no changes and things are continuing as before.
Well my garbage post office/carrier here is doing things differently, they will hold on to your package until you fill out their ******** forum on which you are automatically taxed up to €15 on customs clearance and then taxed for whatever else they want, if you don't want your package then who knows what happens to them, I've sent packages to friends and vice versa which were meant to be returned to ther sender because we didn't want to pay those import fees and we never recieved them, this whole thing is one of the main reasons I stopped collecting for ages until I came back a few years ago.

Well my garbage post office/carrier here is doing things differently, they will hold on to your package until you fill out their ******** forum on which you are automatically taxed up to €15 on customs clearance and then taxed for whatever else they want, if you don't want your package then who knows what happens to them, I've sent packages to friends and vice versa which were meant to be returned to ther sender because we didn't want to pay those import fees and we never recieved them, this whole thing is one of the main reasons I stopped collecting for ages until I came back a few years ago.

That sounds like a complete nightmare. :(

That seems have something to do with the DHL service they use which I strongly recommend against since their import fees seem to be randomized and nonsensical, the last figure I got from KGHobby with EMS shipping arrived with no issues, but if you're in the EU yeah there's really no reason to keep using other sited unless you collect a lot of unlicensed stuff.
It's pretty much either DHL or FedEx and I've had nothing but trouble from FedEx in the past and refuse to use them ever again. One instance I pulled them up because they charged more fees than they should have and they wanted £50 to amend the invoice, may as well just pay the invoice which was less than that.

Collecting internationally is just ridiculously overcomplicated, especially since Sideshow is the only "official retailer" for Hot Toys etc.

Back