The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty much either DHL or FedEx and I've had nothing but trouble from FedEx in the past and refuse to use them ever again. One instance I pulled them up because they charged more fees than they should have and they wanted £50 to amend the invoice, may as well just pay the invoice which was less than that.

Collecting internationally is just ridiculously overcomplicated, especially since Sideshow is the only "official retailer" for Hot Toys etc.

I had trouble with FedEx on a number of occasions when buying from Sideshow.

FedEx tend to ignore the amount you actually paid after reward points were deducted, and calculate VAT and Duty on the retail price, even though the invoices clearly show the cash amount.

Under HMRC rules you only pay VAT on what you actually paid.

It was a struggle fighting them for the refunds, but I got all of them sorted except for one that they chose to ignore.

So is this also effecting the U.S and will this delay the figure into next month?
It won't affect the release date. It will however affect when we'll all get our hands on the figure (at least EU buyers). If every single order/item goes through customs it'll probably take more than 2 weeks to actually be done with the inspection.

That seems have something to do with the DHL service they use which I strongly recommend against since their import fees seem to be randomized and nonsensical, the last figure I got from KGHobby with EMS shipping arrived with no issues, but if you're in the EU yeah there's really no reason to keep using other sites unless you collect a lot of unlicensed stuff.
My last figure from KGHobby arrived 05.06.2021 (Europe - Poland) with no issues either (no fees). But with two customs clerance this time.

Screenshot-20210611-235753-Chrome.jpg

KGHobby always marks the packages as a gift. And I never had to pay any fees. I hope this wont change.

I do notice places such as KGHobby tend to ship the items under their real name (I assume) instead if the business name, which probably helps solidify the lie.

Here in BR we pay a lot for import taxes: 60% of the price of the package (product + shipping) plus the postal service fee of 15 reais (+-3 USD at the moment). If you choose a courier company(DHL, FEDEX...) to deliver your product then you have to pay other taxes that are specific to which state you live(For me it's 16%) and the company expenses(fuel for DHL, for example). By the end of all this you are basically paying two products to receive one!

Oh, I almost forgot: if your package is selected during customs and the guy gets suspicious about the value of the product they will either: asks you for any document to prove that what's written there is true or they will put whatever price they think it's and ask you to pay for it. Now, when the second happens you can show them documents proving the price, but, still if they think there is something fishy going on, they will ask you to pay for everything plus a fine.
I know that because I sent a keychain from the US to me here along with other itens and there was an error on the keychain price(was 10USD, but on the listing was 5). At the end I had to pay for basically 3 keychain as a fine!

There are some rules here that do exempt you from paying that(marked as gift, sent from people-to-people and not from store-to-people and everything combined under 50 USD). Lucky for me books, magazines, comics are tax free!

So yeah, it sucks if you live here and want to buy something from another country.

I do notice places such as KGHobby tend to ship the items under their real name (I assume) instead if the business name, which probably helps solidify the lie.
Yeah, I bought my two Venons from them with no charges on either one. I think they were tagged as 10 USD or something. Lots of things that come from China that are labelled like this evade taxes, from what I know. I bought my 1TB SSD from ALiexpress and payed like less than half of what is the "normal" price for one of the traditional brands such as Samsung, with no taxes.

Can we stop asking for updates? They’ll post one on Facebook when they’re ready, and then someone will share it here.

Okay fair enough I’ll shut up for now It just seems like every now and then for the past two years and the group will just flat line and doesn’t say a peep for like 3 days straight and then simultaneously blow back up with like 20 different people talking at the same time.

Folks seem to not understand how release dates work for figures. They simply release when they're done, it's only a guess until they're actually done.

It's not like video games, where stock is just held in the back until a specified release date. If they say in May, that it's releasing in June, that doesn't mean it's releasing in June. It means, "We think it will be another 6-8 weeks" ... and that's likely to be wrong.

There's a bunch of people who joined the forum this year and only have like 10-40 posts, most of which are in this thread. I don't think a lot of people understand how sixth scale collecting works and are just fans of the game and want their collectible.

Folks seem to not understand how release dates work for figures. They simply release when they're done, it's only a guess until they're actually done.

It's not like video games, where stock is just held in the back until a specified release date. If they say in May, that it's releasing in June, that doesn't mean it's releasing in June. It means, "We think it will be another 6-8 weeks" ... and that's likely to be wrong.
In my humble opinion if they ain't sure about a release date they shouldn't be making statements like it will release next month, especially when a product has been delayed so many times. It was to release after Chinese New year and that didn't happen. Then they said Q2 and there was a post specifically mentioning June and honestly by the way things are looking this isn't happening either. I know it's a difficult period due to Covid and everything, but the communication part could be better.

Back