The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts about providing the black duster with the sickly sculpt and selling as an accessories pack?

C4600DD9-8F86-4E76-A813-6FDB22D61E6E.jpeg

Attachments

• 74F3E3DE-4EB8-48C9-9968-1EED3D3C2890.jpeg
    74F3E3DE-4EB8-48C9-9968-1EED3D3C2890.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 14
It's really sad that a retailer can make out that they're Mr Joe Honest and then be a total shyster. Thankfully there are trusted retailers out there with whom it can be a pleasure to do business. Kit is one such individual and I have had nothing but good dealings with him in the past. You can pay in full for a PO if you know and trust the retailer.

Toy Origin doesn't deserve to get this figure,so it is good if they aren't. Don't need to worry about business, this gonna sell out super fast. Everyone wants one, personally I preordered 2,because he has so many amazing looks, one figure isn't enough.My friend who doesn't even know who he is preordered one too, bc figure looks just beautiful, true piece of art! Thank you everyone who worked on him! Can't wait to see him in person,I'm not worthy lol We are super lucky that we are getting second batch as most of us missed it first time! Thank you!

P.S. midbeard heads must be there next week super excited! I think it's my fav look as I wear beard like that too lol

I hope not many payed full amount in prior, losing 20$ deposit won't kill anyone, but still,I hope ppl get their money back!
I feel like such an idiot for doing so. What's so weird is that they gave me my money back, in full for another figure but for this one, they just ignored it. Alas, I was a novice during this period so I know what's sites are trusted now.

I hope not many payed full amount in prior, losing 20$ deposit won't kill anyone, but still,I hope ppl get their money back!
I paid the full amount, unfortunately.

Back when this figure came out I wasn't really collecting third party figures. The Gunslinger was the first time I wanted something unlicensed. I didn't know any better about ordering from websites that weren't Sideshow or OneSixthKit at the time and Kit had closed his pre-orders when I went to order.

Then in June/July of 2020 my wife had a serious health scare (not covid) which resulted in a miscarriage, which led to her having a total mental breakdown, and then I got laid off from my job, all in the span of about 50 days. I worked for a large insurance company doing financial analysis and they were outsourcing jobs for a while but my department seemed pretty safe, unfortunately they ended up using the pandemic to rationalize a bunch more layoffs.

I had no idea what life would turn into so I just decided to pay off my figure at Toy Origin while I had the money to do it. I figured that if nothing else, I had Arthur to look forward to when everything else was so terrible. Then that backfired haha.

At the end of the day, my wife is fine (although unready to try for kids again), I found work again after a painful few months and I'm in a position where I gained a lot of perspective about what matters in life. Losing $200 sucks, but if it mattered that much I probably shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.

At this point, it is what it is, I don't care anymore. I'm annoying, but @R_R_X did hammer through a Nate figure, so all is forgiven from LIM as far as I'm concerned. Now if we could just get Chloe, haha.

Point being of my post, sometimes things suck but life is more than some lost money. We'll all rebound, even if it is a large annoyance.

Back when this figure came out I wasn't really collecting third party figures. The Gunslinger was the first time I wanted something unlicensed. I didn't know any better about ordering from websites that weren't Sideshow or OneSixthKit at the time and Kit had closed his pre-orders when I went to order.

Then in June/July of 2020 my wife had a serious health scare (not covid) which resulted in a miscarriage, which led to her having a total mental breakdown, and then I got laid off from my job, all in the span of about 50 days. I worked for a large insurance company doing financial analysis and they were outsourcing jobs for a while but my department seemed pretty safe, unfortunately they ended up using the pandemic to rationalize a bunch more layoffs.

I had no idea what life would turn into so I just decided to pay off my figure at Toy Origin while I had the money to do it. I figured that if nothing else, I had Arthur to look forward to when everything else was so terrible. Then that backfired haha.

At the end of the day, my wife is fine (although unready to try for kids again), I found work again after a painful few months and I'm in a position where I gained a lot of perspective about what matters in life. Losing $200 sucks, but if it mattered that much I probably shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.

At this point, it is what it is, I don't care anymore. I'm annoying, but @R_R_X did hammer through a Nate figure, so all is forgiven from LIM as far as I'm concerned. Now if we could just get Chloe, haha.

Point being of my post, sometimes things suck but life is more than some lost money. We'll all rebound, even if it is a large annoyance.
I'm sorry you went through this,but focus on a good things! Losing 200$ for sure sucks but it's not end of the world...what matters is that you and your wife are fine now!Lesson learned, I've been scammed few times when I started this hobby, I collect statues and some high end Disney character collectables as well, so this hobby is full of scammers unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you wen't through this,but focus on a good things! Losing 200$ for sure sucks but it's not end of the world...what matters is that you and your wife are fine now!Lesson learned, I've been scammed few times when I started this hobby, I collect statues and some high end Disney character collectables as well, so this hobby is full of scammers unfortunately.
Thanks Jorje, I appreciate it. I think definitely the lesson is we're all going to get burned eventually, the nice thing is that at least we've had someone from LIM here to be transparent and apologize, which I think carries a ton of weight. R_R_X is a good guy, genuinely. Glad we have people like him to outweigh the scammers and jerks.

It is not easy to keep the faith after encountering so many obstacles. You guys are tough.

Sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss, I hope you both are doing better now.
I hope once you get the figure it can be the end of this chapter, and once again I'm sorry it all had to go down like this, let it be a lesson for all of us.

Any thoughts about providing the black duster with the sickly sculpt and selling as an accessories pack?

View attachment 575061

Not sure, maybe if others express interest in this item.

I’d definitely be in for the duster. That’s a great look.

I like the duster, was never a fan of his brown jacket.

Oh man!
Just so this doesn't get quickly buried.
Let R_R-X know in reply here if you want the sickly sculpt to become an accessory pack and include the black duster!
It'd be an awesome look for both Arthur and the upcoming John!
Lets make this happen, people! :)

I hope you guys filed a complaint at BBB about Toy Origin. I can't believe their website is still up taking orders and people's money.

I would be all in for an accessory pack. I've got two figures ordered with kit and my midbeard sculpt arrived today. Like others have said, excellent paint apps and sculpt. Packaging is delightful as well.
I'm very much looking forward to Ginger Huntress and TLOU 12 and 6 scale.

Back